WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - 09/2/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Reactions: 1 person

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION] has to love this Show showing his chops

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I for once... am not liking this whole damn thing. I get the power trip, I get the emotional aspect... but there comes a moment where the challenger needs to end up a show looking strong. Simply because, what a challenger could he be if he's beat down each and every time to a point of no return.

Edit: And how "Strong" a champion looks if he beats the crap out of that same BEATEN challenger each week?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
[MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION] has to love this Show showing his chops
For sure, easily one of the best actors in the business and he's finally getting a real chance to show it. Unfortunately I also agree with you on the lack of it being able to draw real emotion due to his turning a billion times.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cody for the save

Sabretooth

Reaction score
But they're focusing on Show. Not Bryan. Bryan is looking like such a fucking geek right now.
Dude look at the bigger picture. He's looking like a geek because hes acting against authority.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
these fans are despicable

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I for once... am not liking this whole damn thing. I get the power trip, I get the emotional aspect... but there comes a moment where the challenger needs to end up a show looking strong. Simply because, what a challenger could he be if he's beat down each and every time to a point of no return.

Edit: And how "Strong" a champion looks if he beats the crap out of that same BEATEN challenger each week?

Bryan is so over he can take it.

The Viper

Reaction score
Dude look at the bigger picture. He's looking like a geek because hes acting against authority.

No he's not. He's going along with it. He's abiding by HHH's rules. Show is the one going against authority. It's been 3 weeks and Bryan hasn't got some sort of revenge on Orton. At the end of every show, Bryan looks weak as fuck.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I also think its them showing how afraid they are of him. If DB beat down his foes every week he would look like Hogan or Cena but him getting the shit kicked out of him every week makes his pursuit of the title all the much better and when he does beat Randy it will make him look that much better because he has shown he can still win with all the shit that has happened to him.

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Vips they really aren't making Bryan look bad this one night was about Show and Cody, next week it will be more people....the one constant is that DB is the one standing up to it and in the end he will perceiver

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Ok... why does Bryan needs to be out on the canvas each and every week? Is there a need to that?

Stone Cold defied authority and he didn't end on the canvas each and every week... neither did Punk.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
In all honesty, how is Bryan supposed to look strong when the odds are so overwhelmingly stacked against him? The fact that he still goes out there and tries to compete even though he knows he's going to get screwed and beaten down is the most compelling thing about his character. That's what separates him from Stone Cold and why its alright for him to be on the mat at the end of the show.