WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread 7/18; The eve of the WWE Draft

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
20160714_Show_Preview-RAW_AmbroseRollins--70a8520ef5b72d4da682bd3af71ccb58.jpg

Following an extremely intense encounter last Monday on Raw, WWE Champion Dean Ambrose showed himself to be a true fighting champion by offering to defend his title against Seth Rollins at any point. The Architect chose this Monday night on Raw as the time and place to challenge for WWE’s most coveted prize, presenting some very interesting scenarios.

With their WWE Battleground Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship – including their fellow former Shield member Roman Reigns—just days away, could Rollins walk into the highly anticipated pay-per-view as the new champion? Will these former allies-turned-bitter enemies tear each other to pieces before they even get to wage war Sunday, July 24, at WWE Battleground? Plus, with the WWE Brand Extension Draft going down for the Tuesday night premiere of SmackDown Live, will this potentially be one of the final showdowns between these heated rivals?

240_RAW_07112016dg_3371--05c1e96251a0cb98a2d6eeda1a12e332.jpg

Last week on Raw, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon named Shane McMahon as the new Commissioner of SmackDown Live and Stephanie McMahon the new Commissioner of Raw. Furthermore, he ordered them both to hire new General Managers in charge of day-to-day business for their respective shows. Those GMs will be revealed this Monday, on the eve of the WWE Draft which will take place during the explosive premiere of SmackDown Live Tuesday night at 8/7 C on USA Network.

But who will it be? Could the new GMs be past General Managers, such as Vickie Guerrero (Excuse Me!), John Laurinaitis (People Power!), Teddy Long (Holla Holla!) or Booker T (Can you dig it … Sucker!)? Could they be current WWE Superstars? What about alumni? WWE Hall of Famers? Certainly, there are a slew of past and present competitors capable of capturing the respect of both the locker room and the WWE Universe while helping to bring their brand to a new level of prominence.

new-day-wyatt-family.jpg

Last week, Raw stood witness to one of the strangest brawls ever when WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day journeyed into the Wyatt Family Compound to go head-on with Bray Wyatt and his followers. However, when The New Face of Fear revealed an entire horde of sheep-masked Family members, Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods were forced to retreat.

So, what now? Has the horrific outing destroyed the trio’s Power of Positivity heading into the final Raw before they face the First Family of Fear at WWE Battleground? Or has it strengthened their resolve? Plus, with Tuesday’s WWE Draft threatening to fracture both groups when SmackDown Live premieres this Tuesday, is the most unpredictable element of their current situation yet to reveal itself?

Rusev_bio--550716c21ebcbeb7838d263e1119dd2f.jpg

Last Thursday on SmackDown, United States Champion Rusev lost to Dolph Ziggler, with an assist from his No. 1 contender at WWE Battleground, Zack Ryder. Afterward, the titleholder threw an absolute tantrum, completely dismantling the announce table. Is Ryder destined to suffer a fate not unlike those poor, helpless monitors on the final Raw before his United States Title opportunity? Considering the Bulgarian Brute’s track record when he’s angry, perhaps Long Island Iced Z should take Monday night off.

Don’t miss the final episode of Raw before the landscape of WWE changes forever, Monday night at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I am loving that WWE has finally starting pushing this draft at the last minute.

At least the GM reveal will give me a reason to care. I still don't know why we need them, though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The smackdown gm has already been spoiled so that gives me only one thing to care about lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The smackdown gm has already been spoiled so that gives me only one thing to care about lol
It's a good thing I don't read spoilers... or at least not when I actually want to care. This is too important to ruin.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Three minute warning until the final Raw before the live draft.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i have a gut feeling i need to get wasted to be able to sit through this raw tonight.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
i have a gut feeling i need to get wasted to be able to sit through this raw tonight.
I sense a high possibility of that happening. The main event should be a decent affair.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You are now tuned in to the worlds greatest. Lets see our GM's

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have no problems with the 3 to 2 drafts as the hour ratio makes sense. I would have go with 10 NXT drafts.