WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread 05/30; AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
20160525_Show_Preview_RAW_Cena--98fceabb78a6fbeb0d6cee30a08481f8.jpg

20160525_Show_Preview_RAW_Cena--98fceabb78a6fbeb0d6cee30a08481f8.jpg

On a special Memorial Day edition of Raw, John Cena officially enters WWE’s New Era, which has drastically transformed the sports-entertainment landscape since the Centation leader last stepped between the ropes. What might the 15-time World Champion have in store, live in Green Bay? WWE.com has some ideas.

20160523_raw_video_cena--96c8f8df4c3db3eda91bb1c56534422d.jpg

Defying expectations of WWE Universe members and medical professionals alike, John Cena returns to WWE months ahead of schedule following intensive shoulder surgery in January.

Although the Cenation leader made a brief appearance at WrestleMania 32, helping The Rock repel The Wyatt Family, he now enters a WWE that’s drastically different from the one he left. With Shane and Stephanie McMahon sharing control of Raw, Roman Reigns holding the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and a host of new Superstars now in the spotlight — including the likes of AJ Styles, The Vaudevillains, Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin and the team of Enzo Amore & Big Cass — it will be interesting to see how WWE’s franchise player makes his mark on the ever-changing landscape

20160523_raw_video_romanrollins--3bed60e960b59127f71d205378d48e30.jpg

Clearly not content with the much-anticipated return of John Cena dominating the social media chatter lately, Seth Rollins came back to WWE more than a week before the Cenation leader, targeting WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns and laying claim to the title he “never lost.” Indeed, since The Architect’s reign came to an end due to injury, Rollins will put his money where his mouth is – appropriately, at WWE Money in the Bank, where he’ll face his former Shield “brother,” The Big Dog.

Given the storied history between Reigns and Rollins, don’t expect the pair to wait patiently for their June 19 championship clash before throwing fists again.

20160523_raw_video_corbin--8aa884072b691abc7d7989003087aaa8.jpg

Baron Corbin might have gotten the better of Dolph Ziggler in their No Disqualification Match during the WWE Extreme Rules Kickoff — a tainted victory earned by staggering The Showoff with a low blow — but the indomitable former World Heavyweight Champion isn’t about to let The Lone Wolf stay ahead of the pack. On Raw, Ziggler will face Corbin in a technical wrestling match, a bout that will showcase the NCAA standout’s grappling prowess against the imposing brawler.

Will Ziggler finally take Corbin to the mat once and for all?

screengrabber_56_890037--f34d773e38e0bb134270da51fbb98aad.jpg

Last week on Raw, the WWE Universe watched, with mouths agape, as WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte cut all ties to her two-time WWE Hall of Famer dad, Ric Flair, in a startling show of disrespect.

The Nature Boy has arguably been an instrumental part of Charlotte’s rise to the top of the Women’s division, but she evidently feels differently, at least these days. She’s recently gained a new ally in the imposing Dana Brooke, but what caused this change of heart for the second-generation Superstar? Has she always harbored resentment toward her father? Hopefully, we’ll learn more about the WWE Women’s Champion’s new attitude on Raw.

20160526_sd_seg4--38db85bdd101b664e589e97f1079976c.jpg

Enzo Amore wasted no time when he returned from injury last Monday night, trash-talking The Dudley Boyz before Big Cass defeated Bubba Ray one-on-one. Days later on SmackDown, the outspoken duo challenged the Dudleys to a tag team bout, which will ultimately go down on Raw.

This will mark Enzo’s first match since he sustained a concussion at WWE Payback, but if the last few days are any indication, the self-professed “Smacktalker Skywalker” has lost none of his fearlessness during his recovery. Big Cass, meanwhile, has more than held his own against the Dudley brothers while Enzo has been on the mend. The New Era might be about to teach these Attitude Era veterans what “attitude” is all about. How you doin’, Dudleys?!

023_SD_05242016rf_0131--10e75d1c63d311bd6f1a860bcf1fa6e2.jpg

On SmackDown, Alberto Del Rio joined Dean Ambrose, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho in this year’s anticipated Money in the Bank Ladder Match. With a guaranteed WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match at the time and place of their choosing on the line, every Superstar on the roster is clamoring to compete in the final Money in the Bank Qualifying Match. Who will compete for a chance at destiny?

Don’t miss a momentous Memorial Day Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET, only on the award-winning WWE Network.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
GOAT gonna bring all these non Reigns jabronis back to prominence :mark:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
BRRRR..BRRRR..BRRRR he's coming back and for once I'm actually excited to see what they did with him. They have him face off with Styles, tag up with him, the landscape is different I'm wondering how he fits into everything going on. Also Reigns/Rollins are locked for MITB, so it's time for Rollins to start winning this Chess Game he's playing with the World Champion, to so he can win the World Title once again.

Also Ziggler vs Corbin "Technical Wrestling match", I know Ziggler has the NCAA background but I hope it's a just a straight up singles match, and a Amateur bout because Ziggler will tear him to tears even with the size difference.

Flair getting the boots and Charlotte finally saying I don't need you anyone was great to see. I actually felt for her, considering she was talking about her Father like shit, but let's be honest was some of those emotions she displayed real? I mean all the Flair kids had it hard growing up not seeing their Father, who was on the road 24/7, plus the after hours adventures so good for her to unleash that anger.

We got the return of Enzo Amore back on Raw last week and he made it known Cass and himself are here to stay, and the Dudley Boyz aren't going to stop their swag, confidence or beat them on Raw tomorrow night.

Lastly one Money in the Bank spot left, who's gonna get that last spot, maybe a return of a Superstar or a dark horse, I have no damn clue I'm psyched to see who it is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Cena turning heel

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Kinda hoping they open with Cena to him out the way and let RAW be trash for the Warriors game

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'd put Cena for second hour and bring out Reigns in a staredown.

You're welcome Vince.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i don't think vince wants them anywhere near one another right now

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm just impatient on their encounter.

They should just be the two man power trip and be the faces the run the places on both shows. Like how GOD wanted him and Batista to do.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Sami, Ambrose & Cesaro vs Owens, Del Rio & Jericho. Take all my money with that six man tag tonight.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I love it when WWE acknowledges Memorial Day like this.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Vince is standing next to roman 69 title wins confirmed

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The son of God returns :mark::mark::yes:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Depressing start.

Also, Reagan isn't a face to me.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
So when does Rusev interrupt this video package for some heat?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles