WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread 05/02; IT'S A NEW ERA....YES IT IS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Raw preview: Shane and Stephanie share control

20160501_Show_Preview_RAW_ShaneSteph--79e37e90d4250edd430e64c7864eadf7.jpg

Last night at WWE Payback, Mr. McMahon decreed that both of his children will share the responsibility of running Monday Night Raw. What do the warring siblings have in store? WWE.com has some ideas.
Can Shane and Stephanie McMahon coexist as Raw showrunners?

20160501_post_payback_video_fateofraw--811d344684b70608b75a29ee004b4f12.jpg

Hell must have frozen at some point during WWE Payback, because that’s the only possible explanation for Mr. McMahon’s decision to have both of his children, Shane and Stephanie McMahon, assume control of WWE’s flagship show, Monday Night Raw.

Last night, after WWE Payback’s main event between AJ Styles and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns finally ended in a melee involving Reigns’ cousins The Usos and Styles’ friends, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Stephanie suggested the rematch take place at Extreme Rules. Shane then one-upped his sister by suggesting an Extreme Rules Match — an idea favored by his father. Will Shane and Stephanie be able to co-exist as WWE’s New Era moves forward?

Will Styles and Reigns go to new ‘Extremes’ tonight?

20160501_post_payback_exclusive_romanstyles--09245d2bc061fe8ef02262c442e8c8bd.jpg

After Shane and Stephanie McMahon took turns restarting WWE Payback’s main event to ensure a decisive victor, and despite the interruption of AJ Styles’ friends Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Roman Reigns put away The Phenomenal One with a Spear, ending the first pay-per-view of a New Era with a big victory for “The Guy.”

Because of the unusual circumstances surrounding the match’s conclusion — coming after the bout had seemingly ended with a count-out and a disqualification — Shane and Stephanie were in agreement that Styles deserved a rematch, which will be an Extreme Rules Match in three weeks at the Extreme Rules event.

Will Gallows & Anderson find a way to get involved in this rivalry as they’ve done in recent weeks, or will The Usos keep Styles’ longtime running buddies at bay? Speaking of Styles, how will he adjust his strategy knowing that he faces The Big Dog under one of the most perilous stipulations in all of sports-entertainment?

How will Natalya respond to the 'Chicago Screwjob'?

20160501_post_payback_video_charlottenatty--55d5ad3a67af2c4e8c779d89dfeb13d6.jpg

It was an unnerving case of déjà vu for the Hart family at WWE Payback, where WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte trapped Natalya in the Sharpshooter — a move the challenger inherited from her WWE Hall of Fame uncle Bret “Hit Man” Hart — and referee Charles Robinson called for the bell to ring, even though The Queen of Harts never tapped out.

Much like the infamous Survivor Series 1997 incident that robbed The Excellence of Execution of the WWE Championship, referred to as “The Montreal Screwjob,” the thievery infuriated Hart, who laid out Charlotte’s father, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, and applied his own Sharpshooter to The Nature Boy. In a display of Hart solidarity against the dastardly Flairs, Natalya got some retribution of her own, locking in the Sharpshooter on the WWE Women’s Champion, who didn’t exactly look like a victor when all was said and done.

Undoubtedly, Natalya has unfinished business with Charlotte, whose family clearly orchestrated the questionable turn of events. Might The Queen of Harts strike back against the champion tonight on Raw?

Who will be next to challenge The Miz?

20160501_post_payback_video_owensattackinter--181ddcfe6462b2bcccbde0053f473ce6.jpg

The Miz might have used the out-of-control brawl between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens to steal a victory over Cesaro last night at WWE Payback, but it was The Prizefighter who was triumphant when the dust cleared. Symbolically holding up Miz’s title, Owens made it known that he won’t be denied. Expect more fallout surrounding the Intercontinental Championship — and all those who pursue it — live on Raw.
What’s next for the tag team division?

082_PAY_05012016cm_0380--8a4cff916b9b3bbb270abcec7fbe9a66.jpg

During the early goings of Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady’s No. 1 Contenders’ Match at WWE Payback, Amore sustained a concussion that caused the bout to end in a no contest.

As Amore recovers from his injury, the No. 1 contendership to The New Day’s WWE Tag Team Titles hangs in the balance. Expect more on this developing story tonight on Raw, beginning at 8/7 C on USA Network.

For exclusive analysis, be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET, only on the award-winning WWE Network.

Should be a fun filled time on Raw tonight. Who's joining me?

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
20160501_Show_Preview_RAW_ShaneSteph--79e37e90d4250edd430e64c7864eadf7.jpg

Hell must have frozen at some point during WWE Payback, because that’s the only possible explanation for Mr. McMahon’s decision to have both of his children, Shane and Stephanie McMahon, assume control of WWE’s flagship show, Monday Night Raw.

Last night, after WWE Payback’s main event between AJ Styles and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns finally ended in a melee involving Reigns’ cousins The Usos and Styles’ friends, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Stephanie suggested the rematch take place at Extreme Rules. Shane then one-upped his sister by suggesting an Extreme Rules Match — an idea favored by his father. Will Shane and Stephanie be able to co-exist as WWE’s New Era moves forward?

20160501_post_payback_exclusive_romanstyles--09245d2bc061fe8ef02262c442e8c8bd.jpg

After Shane and Stephanie McMahon took turns restarting WWE Payback’smain event to ensure a decisive victor, and despite the interruption of AJ Styles’ friends Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Roman Reigns put away The Phenomenal One with a Spear, ending the first pay-per-view of a New Era with a big victory for “The Guy.”

Because of the unusual circumstances surrounding the match’s conclusion — coming after the bout had seemingly ended with a count-out and a disqualification — Shane and Stephanie were in agreement that Styles deserved a rematch, which will be an Extreme Rules Match in three weeks at the Extreme Rules event.

Will Gallows & Anderson find a way to get involved in this rivalry as they’ve done in recent weeks, or will The Usos keep Styles’ longtime running buddies at bay? Speaking of Styles, how will he adjust his strategy knowing that he faces The Big Dog under one of the most perilous stipulations in all of sports-entertainment?

20160501_post_payback_video_owensattackinter--181ddcfe6462b2bcccbde0053f473ce6.jpg

The Miz might have used the out-of-control brawl between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens to steal a victory over Cesaro last night at WWE Payback, but it was The Prizefighter who was triumphant when the dust cleared. Symbolically holding up Miz’s title, Owens made it known that he won’t be denied. Expect more fallout surrounding the Intercontinental Championship — and all those who pursue it — live on Raw.

082_PAY_05012016cm_0380--8a4cff916b9b3bbb270abcec7fbe9a66.jpg

During the early goings of Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady’s No. 1 Contenders’ Match at WWE Payback, Amore sustained a concussion that caused the bout to end in a no contest.

As Amore recovers from his injury, the No. 1 contendership to The New Day’s WWE Tag Team Titles hangs in the balance. Expect more on this developing story tonight on Raw, beginning at 8/7 C on USA Network.

For exclusive analysis, be sure to tune in to Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 ET, only on the award-winning WWE Network.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
:lmao

I had just made the thread a minute before you posted this! No worries it's all good now.

What are your thoughts on Raw tonight? I can't wait to see what shenanigans ensue as the siblings one up each other.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
still in my no fucks given about wrestling mode, but i guess i'll watch or not as cavs/hawks then okc/spurs is on.

i really don't care for shane and steph trying to one do another, shit was cool 15 years ago i really don't to see this again. I do predict it will lead to shane/god hell in a cell at sslam. Roman/AJ i hope is better than last night, i hated everything before the countout. Everything after was cool. I wouldn't be shocked if tonight was the night Doc and Karl turn as AJ couldn't get the job done last night.

Enzo promo should be fun, i hope he makes jokes about knocking himself out. I don't see him wrestling for the next 2 weeks.

Sami/Owens violence should be great, add Cesaro and Miz getting beaten up. I'm down.

Loooooool Woman's screwjob angle

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Mcmahonagement running wild.

This is what happens when people pine for the attitude Era.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
still in my no fucks given about wrestling mode, but i guess i'll watch or not as cavs/hawks then okc/spurs is on.

i really don't care for shane and steph trying to one do another, shit was cool 15 years ago i really don't to see this again. I do predict it will lead to shane/god hell in a cell at sslam. Roman/AJ i hope is better than last night, i hated everything before the countout. Everything after was cool. I wouldn't be shocked if tonight was the night Doc and Karl turn as AJ couldn't get the job done last night.
You know Shane O-Mac and Triple H are going to wreck shit when they lock up.

I honestly hope we don't get that turn tonight. I think we can get a few more twists and turns on this story before that.

Loooooool Woman's screwjob angle
I thought it was a fun throwback to when Charles Robinson was doing this sort of thing regularly for Flairs.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Mcmahonagement running wild.

This is what happens when people pine for the attitude Era.
It's only natural for the McMahon kids to fight over who is running the company.

At least they didn't buy opposing companies this time around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's only natural for the McMahon kids to fight over who is running the company.

At least they didn't buy opposing companies this time around.
Problem is, we've all seen this storyline multiple times by the same people over a period of damn near 20 years.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Problem is, we've all seen this storyline multiple times by the same people over a period of damn near 20 years.
Reality is we'll continue to see these storylines as long as WWE exists. Stephanie's kids will either fight with each other over the company in another 25 or so years or they'll be an all out McMahon battle royal if Shane's sons get into it too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Raw and Smackdown should just be run by a committee of match makers, pretend these wrestlers fight for money.....and maybe people won't need convoluted storylines that need so much exposition that it drags a segment into 20 minutes.

This company has an entire sub section if nutty fans who mix kayfabe with real life and they think the characters and the real people are one in the same.

Bring back a jack Tunney....I know for certain Vince doesn't want his old ass out there.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Raw and Smackdown should just be run by a committee of match makers, pretend these wrestlers fight for money.....and maybe people won't need convoluted storylines that need so much exposition that it drags a segment into 20 minutes.

This company has an entire sub section if nutty fans who mix kayfabe with real life and they think the characters and the real people are one in the same.

Bring back a jack Tunney....I know for certain Vince doesn't want his old ass out there.
WWE isn't going to go back to the eighties when they pretended the McMahons didn't run things. Besides they tried it with the General Managers concept and they all sucked except Eric Bischoff. I'd rather see a McMahon on-screen then some random ex-wrestler or somebody like Mike Adamle who's doesn't have wrestling experience fumble their way around.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
You know Shane O-Mac and Triple H are going to wreck shit when they lock up.

I honestly hope we don't get that turn tonight. I think we can get a few more twists and turns on this story before that.

I thought it was a fun throwback to when Charles Robinson was doing this sort of thing regularly for Flairs.
Okay but i'm 99% sure most the audience doesn't even remember or know that happen, shit. to them this bum ass ref just ruined a match, and how many times has it been done not just in the past but in recent memory. The Authority had one, Punk had one shit is washed

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

The fact that WWE let their performers come on their social media and act like this shows you things have changed.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Just a shame they won't let them show this personality on the tv

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Okay but i'm 99% sure most the audience doesn't even remember or know that happen, shit. to them this bum ass ref just ruined a match, and how many times has it been done not just in the past but in recent memory. The Authority had one, Punk had one shit is washed
I agree the Montreal screw job is outdated and had it happened in any other match, I wouldn't have been entertained.

I honestly think he should have helped Charlotte in a more ref-ish manner like a fast count or pulling Natalya off a pin.

As far as people not remembering I'm sure plenty of people didn't get "it." But that makes it like an Easter egg.

Watch that WWE Network and watch as Lil' Naitch wrestles Gorgeous George at Slamboree!

Last edited: