WWE Main Event - September 2nd 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

lucaskieren

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
tysonkidd
nWbHUiL.png

WWE Main Event
September 2nd 2014
Live from The University Of Nebraska

The show starts off with The MIZ TV set up inside the ring and sat on a chair is Damien Mizdow who is The Miz's "stunt double" The guest for tonight's MIZ TV is the current Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. After a few minutes of back and fourth banter between the two it is announced that it will be Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship at the upcoming Night Of Champions Pay Per View. Ziggler goes on to disrespect Sandow for dressing up as all of these stars, until Sandow goes to clothesline Ziggler, but he ducks and nails him with a dropkick. Average segment but it did the job and thats build to the Miz vs Ziggler match at Night Of Champions.

Dolph Ziggler (Intercontinental Champion) vs Damien Mizdow

This match is already underway as we return from the break and Mizdow is in complete control and has a decent slow pace to it. Mizdow hits a suplex and goes for a Figure Four Leglock but Ziggler counters it into a roll up but only gets a two count. Mizdow is straight back onto the offense by hitting a nice clothesline. That's the thing with Damien Sandow i don't know why he can't go back to being the Savior of the masses instead of pretending to be someone else, which was brought up by the commentary team during this match. Ziggler is on the comeback and he hits several clotheslines and a neckbreaker and Mizdow out of no where goes for the roll up but Ziggler kicks out at two and Ziggler nails a Rocker Dropper for another close two count. Mizdow goes on to hit a neckbreaker into a backbreaker sequence which gets a "Vintage Miz" from Michael Cole but out of no where Ziggler hits a ZigZag and gets the win. *1/2 Very average match with neither men going all out, but at least it still keeps Ziggler looking strong going into his championship match.

Natalya and Rosa Mendes vs Summer Rae and Layla

This is the first time i have seen Rosa Mendes in action in years, not that i am complaining but she suprises me from the get go because she hits two nice armdrags and a decent suplex. But then it all falls apart for Mendes because she goes up onto the apron and Layla pulls her pants down and show goes dark for a split second but because the show is live it is close to impossible to stop people form seeing it. Back in the ring and Summer and Layla are in control until she makes the tag to Natalya who clears house and hits a discuss clothesline. Natalya and Layla both go for a crossbody and they land hard in the centre of the ring. Rosa tags herself in but Natalya argues with her and Rosa walks into a big kick to the head from Layla which gets the win. * Much better than i expected it to be and Rosa has definitely improved her in ring skills since the last time i saw her.

Goldust and Stardust vs Los Matadores

Goldust and Stardust are the number one contenders for the WWE Tag Team Championship so this match has a obvious conclusion. The match starts off with the Los Matadores in control and connect with several nice double team offense. Diego hits a nice dropkick and Fernando hits a hurrincanrana and he also runs and hits a crossbody onto both Goldust and Stardust who are on the outside. Stardust gets a tag into the match and he hits a front suplex and Goldust hits a vintage powerslam which looked lovely as always from Goldust. Stardust hits a sweeping Reverse STO to get the win. *1/4 A strange Tag match which saw the heel team be the faces in peril, but the match itself felt like it was dragging towards the end of it.

Overall - 3/10

A very poor episode of Main Event with no content that i will remember by this time next week. The show was only a hour long and it still felt like a chore, just imagine the pain of this past weeks Monday Night RAW.

Last edited: