WWE Hall Of Fame: Class of 2015 Discussion *SPOILER*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wonder of she'll call out the Divas champion again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Look at all them names that are still active, there's really no need to rush them in for the sake of it...

Actually agree with you guys. Good point. It just doesn't suprise me is all.

PWInsider reports that the Diva set to be announced for tomorrow will be former WWE women’s champion Alundra Blayze aka Madusa from WCW. You might recall her infamous moment from during the Monday Night War when she dropped her WWF women’s title into a trash can on live TV on WCW’s Monday Nitro.
Madusa has been one of the reported names up for an induction for a while. In the past, there was said to have been heat on bringing her in for tossing her WWF belt in the trash, but it seems those fences have been mended.

ORIGINAL:

WWE.com published the following story on the next WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 announcement for tomorrow night on Raw.

The next inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 is expected to be named on Monday, WWE.com has learned. Rumors spreading around WWE Headquarters hint that it may be a Diva taking her place in sports-entertainment history.

Who will be joining “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rikishi and The Bushwhackers in the Hall’s Class of 2015 the night before WrestleMania 31? Could it be a pioneering woman grappler who competed alongside the likes of Mae Young and The Fabulous Moolah? Could it be one of the Japanese women who brought their hard-hitting style to America in the early 1990s? Is it one of the sultry Divas from the infamous Attitude Era? Is it even a competitor, or could it be a woman who often accompanied legendary Superstars into battle?

Am a big Madusa (she was "the real first lady of WCW!:mark:) and Blayze fan. She played both parts very well, was tough, sexy, smart, and could talk. I think she was one of the most crucial in paving the way for Women's wrestling and think she gets unfair stick. So am all for this choice:yes:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
She killed womens wrestling in WWF for a long time, it wasn't until people like Sable came in and resurrected it.

I still think she made the wrong decision as her career took a major nosedive after she make her WCW comeback.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
She killed womens wrestling in WWF for a long time, it wasn't until people like Sable came in and resurrected it.

I still think she made the wrong decision as her career took a major nosedive after she make her WCW comeback.

How can you kill something which wasn't alive at the time. My point of view is that she carried the division almost by herself which takes some doing. WWF let her down with their booking, she did all she could.

You maybe right on the second part as I'm not sure WCW had that much more of an interest in women's wrestling than WWF. Then again that belt in the trash angle made history.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWF brought in Bull Nakano and was going to bring in a bunch of All Japan women for her before she jumped ship. She had a Womens title match at WM.....Safe to say WWF treated her better than WCW, because I doubt feuding with Sherri over Col. Robert Parker and having one match with AKira Hokuto wasn't exactly better.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ That is fair. But I still disagree on her talents. Think she carried her role off to perfection.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
^ That is fair. But I still disagree on her talents. Think she carried her role off to perfection.
The "she killed womens wrestling" wasn't because of her skill, it was because she trashed the belt and left, she was the division.

Kind of like if Ronda Rousey left MMA, womens MMA would die too.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The "she killed womens wrestling" wasn't because of her skill, it was because she trashed the belt and left, she was the division.

Kind of like if Ronda Rousey left MMA, womens MMA would die too.

She didn't kill it because it wasn't alive before she got there, so she improved it, but I still think WWF mishandled her push. The title was a midcard attraction at best, and lets not forget the terrible Bartha Fey feud. Maybe they did have big plans for her like you say, but we never got to see them. She left because she got a better offer mony wise I assume. Now normally you don't have a problem with that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bertha Faye was a great wrestler who I watched in Stampede for years, womens wrestling wasn't alive before she got there? No shit, it wasn't alive in WCW either, they plucked her from the dying NWA in order to see if the experiment of Womens wrestling could catch on.....it's not their fault it didn't get past that. Audience were the ones who didn't get it past low midcard. Bet Vince would've loved anything to catch on at that point in their business. That wasn't one of them.

She left for more money yeah, I'm a business minded person and I get that, but it's not like they brought her in because of her skill, WCW picked her up for ONE thing and that was that title. Sure didn't look like they had any plans for her or womens wrestling......WCW never had a womens division....they had a tournament and nothing after that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I will bow down to your knowledge on Faye's pre-WWF career as I didn't see any of it. But I can comment on her WWF career, and for me what we saw was not a good wrestling, but once she was lumbered with a terrible gimmick and that feud was always going to fail. You make some good points. But to me Blyaze was over in WWF and they never really made the most of that. You'd expect the women's title to be defended at Mania. But it was low down the card, had zero build, and was only there to mark the 10th year of the show (notice who she was facing?). She made the wrong call going back to WCW I won't agrue with you on that one.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Looks like Larry Zbysko is the next announced induction, so we'll get to see his plastic face and fake hair, so that's a thing.

-Doz-

Reaction score
Hype video for Zbysko was pretty good, made him look worthy.

Apparently Nash is the final inductee, which is also deserving.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I am fuckin' glad Zybsko is finally gettin' the honor.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I honestly could care less about Zbyszko, but has the opportunity to be this years Bob Backlund.

Fujinami announced too.....that's cool, not sure what the angle for that one is.