• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
wwehall_crop_650x440.jpg

Induction Ceremony on Saturday 31st March 2012
Amercian Airlines Arena, Miami, Florida

Tickets available from here

Inductees

The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, JJ Dillon)
20120109_4horsemen_r.jpg

Edge
20120109_edge_hof_l.jpg

Mil Mascaras

20111017_mascaras_r.jpg

Mike Tyson
20120113_hof_tyson_r.png

Ron Simmons
20120113_hof_simmons_l.jpg

Yokozuna
EPLIGHT_YOKO_HALL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Since we have three inductees, we may as well get this going now.

Talking point: Edge should have gone in next year, it's too soon. Agree?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Yeah, I think its too soon for Edge to be inducted. I think he should have been inducted next year as he hasnt been retired that long.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think Macho Man should be in it this year, Edge might be too soon but I'm a fan I approve and Horsemen I approve of also.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Figuring out whether I should attend or not. Would be pretty cool I suppose.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Fans are allowed to attend? I thought it was only for like wrestlers and there families.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
no, fans are allowed in. It's quite funny, all the wrestlers and their families and friends dress up smart and act respectful, and they let us normal folk in to cheer and boo people still, hahaha.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
A friend mentioned that one reason they may not be willing to put Macho in this year is that it may come across as them capitalizing on his death. I don't agree because I believe the HoF will sell out regardless of who gets in, but it can be seen as a plausible explanation on their part.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Didn't Eddie get in same year?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Every wrestler who has died in the last ten years has gotten in that immediate year.

If Savage doesn't go in this year, it's a good sign he may never.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Edge going in this year...he will be going in regardless, but part of me feels that it is too soon. However, I am not gonna complain because I am an Edge fan anyway. The Four Horsemen was an amazing addition and I am glad that they are getting the recognition they deserve. I've said for months now that Macho needs to be in there, and it would be stupid for them not to put him in. I feel his spot is reserved, they just need to put it on paper and make it official. It's killing me that he is not in there when there are guys like Drew Carey and Will Perry that don't even deserve the distinction.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Didn't Eddie get in same year?

He did, though one could argue he was a current wrestler at the time of his death whereas Macho was not. Personally I would like to see Savage in but then again the HoF doesn't hold much merit to me because McMahon Sr's limo driver is in it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Edge going in this year...he will be going in regardless, but part of me feels that it is too soon. However, I am not gonna complain because I am an Edge fan anyway. The Four Horsemen was an amazing addition and I am glad that they are getting the recognition they deserve. I've said for months now that Macho needs to be in there, and it would be stupid for them not to put him in. I feel his spot is reserved, they just need to put it on paper and make it official.
It's killing me that he is not in there when there are guys like Drew Carey and Will Perry that don't even deserve the distinction.

wwe inducts these fucking celebrities that made one or two appearances in wwe like drew carey, will perry, pete rose, bob uecker and others, but they don't induct macho man, Rick rude, davey boy smith, Jake the snake and other deserving people. It makes me sick.

But anyway edge, mil mascaras, and the four horsemen should make a valuable edition to the HOF.

I heard yokuzuna would be inducted. I also heard that there's a small posibility that the rock will be inducted. These rumors are not confirmed yet.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If Dwayne Johnson gets inducted into the Hall of Fame I may go on a killing spree in Miami this year.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
wwe inducts these fucking celebrities that made one or two appearances in wwe like drew carey, will perry, pete rose, bob uecker and others, but they don't induct macho man, Rick rude, davey boy smith, Jake the snake and other deserving people. It makes me sick.

Easy young fellow, don't fly off the handle and get upset about it. Who cares if they induct celebrities? Celebrities are an indelible part of what made them the company they are today. Using the Rock and Wrestling Connection, Mr. T and others just got them more notoriety and press, which in turn led to them becoming hugely profitable in a recession-based economy during the late 1980's. Once the attitude era began, who better to kick it off than Mike Tyson? Believe me, there's just enough reason for them to induct celebrities as there is to induct all those guys who you mentioned. Those guys will get in one day, so don't fret.