WWE Extreme Rules 2015: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Randy Orton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
20150402_LIGHT_ER_Match_HP_RollinsOrton.jpg

Seth Rollins’ first defense of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship will come at Extreme Rules against the very Superstar who pinned the self-proclaimed “Future of WWE†at WrestleMania, Randy Orton.

Orton, a 12-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion, was named Rollins’ challenger on the April 6 Raw, after defeating Roman Reigns and Ryback in a No. 1 Contender's Triple Threat Match. Now, he looks ahead to his opportunity against the WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Extreme Rules.

The WWE Universe is still raving about Orton and Rollins’ last encounter at WrestleMania, where The Viper ignited The Show of Shows by inconceivably countering Rollins’ Curb Stomp into a high-elevation, highlight-reel-worthy RKO. Whereas Rollins and Orton’s deeply personal and longstanding grudge was the foundation for that bout, their rematch at Extreme Rules will be not only emotionally charged, but also for the grandest prize in sports-entertainment.

Since then, the WWE World Heavyweight Champion has appeared less-than-eager to again cross paths with The Viper, but he will have no choice on Sunday, April 26, when Extreme Rules airs live on WWE Network.

Can The Authority’s boundlessly athletic poster boy — a CrossFit-conditioned machine who is arguably the most dynamic in-ring competitor to wear the WWE World Heavyweight Title — silence the doubters and cement his first championship reign with a pivotal victory over the more seasoned Orton, a third-generation Superstar who was pegged as a Legend-in-the-making his rookie year? Or will The Viper, who craves the opportunity to tap into his extreme and most sinister instincts, remind Rollins why he is the master of the RKO “outta nowhere,†and return to championship glory at Rollins’ expense?

One month later & not only is Roman Reigns not WWE champion, he's already out of the title picture and main event. Orton's a pretty solid hand at putting people over these days.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I'm going with Rollins on this one. I don't think he will drop the title this quickly. If Orton was to win, then I see it being some sort of DQ or Count Out.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You know what's going to happen here, right? Orton is going to fight off all the authority goons who make it into the cage even though it's supposed to keep people out, be primed to put Rollins away and then...outta' nowhere, Bray Wyatt and his fog machine are going to appear in the cage and cost Orton the match!

Hey, they've done it before, don't think they won't do it again. :lol:

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
As much as I love Orton, it would be absolutely stupid for Rollins to drop the title to him and WWE won't do it. I'm really hoping for a long reign for Rollins and really got high hopes for this match.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
As much as I love Orton, it would be absolutely stupid for Rollins to drop the title to him and WWE won't do it. I'm really hoping for a long reign for Rollins and really got high hopes for this match.
Just remember, it's WWE so there's always a chance that they'll do something absolutely stupid like that.

However, yeah, it makes way more sense to have Rollins retain in whatever way they want. I highly doubt he gets a clean victory.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Paid out on Rollins and his SKO outta' nowhere!