WWE Extreme Rules 2015: John Cena (c) vs. Rusev

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
20150402_LIGHT_ER_Match_HP_CenaRusev.jpg

WWE’s premier international rivalry will be taken to the extreme when John Cena defends his newly won United States Championship against Rusev at Extreme Rules.

At WrestleMania 31, Cena was able to do something that no other Superstar could, and that was pin Rusev to capture the United States Championship. The Cenation leader prevailed over the Russian tank after nailing Rusev with a powerful Attitude Adjustment. Later that week, Cena declared he would hold a weekly open challenge for his star-spangled championship, until Rusev made his intentions clear, with The Super Athlete demanding a rematch against Cena at Extreme Rules for the title.

Yet, the WWE Universe is left to wonder if issues between Rusev and The Ravishing Russian, Lana, could distract Rusev as he heads into Extreme Rules. For the past several weeks, it seems the powerful couple has experienced several serious miscommunications. First, Lana accepted the match with Cena at WrestleMania on Rusev’s behalf without the former champion’s consent, and then Rusev knocked into Lana at The Show of Shows, allowing Cena to capitalize and win the bout. On SmackDown, Rusev took the microphone from Lana as she prepared to speak on his behalf. Is dissension creeping into their relationship?

The Extreme Rules event is notable for providing the WWE Universe with some of the most brutal and intense matches of the year. Cena has fought at the event for the past five years, competing in some of its most hard-hitting bouts, including Last Man Standing and Steel Cage Matches. Although Cena no doubt has the experience edge at this event, Rusev cannot be counted out so easily, as the raw power and intensity of The Hero of the Russian Federation is enough to satisfy the definition of the word “extreme.â€￾

Can Cena prove his victory over Rusev wasn’t just a fluke? Can Rusev regain the United States Championship? And just how extreme will these two warriors get?

You'd have to believe a gimmick will be added to this soon. A Flag Match seems like the natural progression, despite not being particularly extreme :lol:

Drew

Reaction score
Id prefer submission only.

Hell Id have preferred Rusev lose due to submission at WM and keep his unpinned streak alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin Bates

Reaction score
A last man standing match would ensure that neither man would take a pin or submission. I think this match will be a last man standing match.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
A last man standing match would ensure that neither man would take a pin or submission. I think this match will be a last man standing match.

That would be the way to go in this match, and a great way to end the feud. I think Cena takes the match and goes on to someone else.

Drew

Reaction score

Good call. Would love that.

Even if Rusev loses(which will probably be the case, he'll be even more over with a good match(better than the one Cena and Wyatt had last year.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Cena is looking like a strong champion so far. Its nice to see a fighting champion again. It just seemed like the title was kind of dormant for years, but in just a few weeks he is making it seem relevant again. I don't see Rusev winning this match, regardless the type of match they have.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Paid out on Cena.