WWE Extreme Rules 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok great so Cena just beat the man whos in his first match in 8 years. What now? The only way wwe can make Brock Lesnar not look weak is to have him murder John Cena tomorrow and put him out of action

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Wonder how long Cena will take off, he seems pretty adamant that it's what he's going to do

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Ok great so Cena just beat the man whos in his first match in 8 years. What now? The only way wwe can make Brock Lesnar not look weak is to have him murder John Cena tomorrow and put him out of action

That's probably what will happen Vips

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
With matches like this I try not to get mad at the result until the aftermath. I thought Lesnar should have won but I'm not gonna get pissed until I see how wwe follows up.

Fantastic LD I hope tomorrow's is just as good.

Viper out

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
With matches like this I try not to get mad at the result until the aftermath. I thought Lesnar should have won but I'm not gonna get pissed until I see how wwe follows up.

Fantastic LD I hope tomorrow's is just as good.

But yet you wanted him to beat Rock?

Viper out

I swear the IWC sometimes makes no sense to me. All the stuff with Rock had nothing to do with him leaving it's just your blind hate for some other reason, probably cause you're too young to remember when Rock was the big star or something I don't know.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Like I said before it's the same damn thing BOTH left for years so you can't say this is pointless, If Cena needed to beat Rock he also needed to beat Brock #caseclosed

Nope. It's different. I finally figured out how it's different.

Brock has always been honest with his feelings. He doesn't lie to us about giving two shits about wrestling fans.

But that isn't the reason I said it was pointless. Cena ALREADY did the job to Dwayne so the only way to legitimize it is if he kept losing.

I refer to this tweet:
WWE needs to learn from DC Comics - In order for the death of Superman to mean anything, YOU HAVE TO LET HIM DIE FIRST. #WWE #ExtremeRules

Reactions: 1 person

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I had a great time as well guys, I have class tomorrow night so I won't be making it for Raw, so I apologize in advance.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Nope. It's different. I finally figured out how it's different.

Brock has always been honest with his feelings. He doesn't lie to us about giving two shits about wrestling fans.

But that isn't the reason I said it was pointless. Cena ALREADY did the job to Dwayne so the only way to legitimize it is if he kept losing.

I refer to this tweet:

It doesn't matter at all, Brock still left, so you're telling me if Rock came back and said he was back for the money and beat Cena you had been okay with him beating Cena?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It doesn't matter at all, Brock still left, so you're telling me if Rock came back and said he was back for the money and beat Cena you had been okay with him beating Cena?
If he was sticking around, possibly. Because that's another MAJOR difference. Lesnar isn't tucking tail. Dwayne is back off to Holly land.

I guess you missed the point that actually mattered. I said it's pointless because the job to Dwayne has already happened so in order for that loss to mean something, he needed to go on a losing streak. Especially to a man who just made his return. Lesnar is here for a whole year to have more matches and feuds to come, he needed to come off this looking good. Not to mention it sounds to me like Cena is taking a BREAK! :lol:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
If he was sticking around, possibly. Because that's another MAJOR difference. Lesnar isn't tucking tail. Dwayne is back off to Holly land.

I guess you missed the point that actually mattered. I said it's pointless because the job to Dwayne has already happened so in order for that loss to mean something, he needed to go on a losing streak. Especially to a man who just made his return. Lesnar is here for a whole year to have more matches and feuds to come, he needed to come off this looking good. Not to mention it sounds to me like Cena is taking a BREAK! :lol:

Cena deserves a break thought, Let Brock win some of his feuds yeah but Cena is the top star and I think if he lost that just would have been worst, Cena is going to come back around Summerslam possibly I think, but I did like that Cena won but I guess each there own.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Cena deserves a break thought, Let Brock win some of his feuds yeah but Cena is the top star and I think if he lost that just would have been worst, Cena is going to come back around Summerslam possibly I think, but I did like that Cena won but I guess each there own.

That's the thing though, I agree he does deserve a break but it would have made more sense if Lesnar killed him. Then he could have cut a heart felt speech but taking time off to find his passion or whatever because lost to both Dwayne AND Lesnar.

What's done is done though and it was a great PPV.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Show was off the fukkin' chain! When Brock first took Cena down and busted him open in my mind I was all like: "THIS IS A MUFUCKIN' SHOOT!" God, I love that wrestling can still get me like that. #worked

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So I just watched the show, my thoughts...

Orton/Kane was way better than I expected but I didn't really expect all that much to begin with. Not a big fan of the backstage stuff, and it also killed the crowd.

Brodus/Dolph - Dolph did a good job making Brodus look good, which I guess is the outcome they wanted.

Show/Cody was enjoyable for what it was. I like big guy/little guy matches so it worked for me and the ending was a unique way of putting the belt back on Cody.

Sheamus/Bryan - Awesome match which more than made up for the 'Mania debacle. I wish Bryan had worked in the "I have until 5" thing prior to the DQ but its nitpicking at best. The rest of the match was booked perfectly and made both guys look strong.

Ryback/Jobbers - Was what it was. Ryback's intensity is fun and the two guys bumped like champs.

Punk/Jericho - Another great match, guys wearing street clothes to a street fight is thumbs up for sure. Loved the elbow through the table as well.

Layla/Some Bella - Meh.

Brock/Cena - Absolutely insane. I totally loved everything about this match including the ending. It did exactly what it had to do for both guys and I couldn't believe how bizarre the whole thing was. I'll have to watch it again, but I'd say its my current WWE MOTY even beside HHH/Taker HiAC.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Just watched Lesnar/Cena, really good match. I can accept Cena winning (although if he's taking time off, why protect him?) since Brock came off as a monster in his destruction of Cena. And Cena finally came across as someone you'd want to cheer on.

Seriously, Brock is the heel WWE needs. He doesn't come off as cartoonish like others, you legit feel he could end the guy in the ring with him if he chooses to. He's a dangerous individual. More so had he won, but the general point was made. Wrestling Brock is to court death.