WWE Extreme Rules 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
IMAW_Wrestling_SS_WWE_Extreme_Rules_2012_Poster-5.png

WWE: Extreme Rules
PPV Premiere: Sunday, April 29, 2012
Extreme times call for extreme rules. Don't miss John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, The Miz and all your favorite WWE Superstars put it all on the line at Extreme Rules, Sunday, live on Pay-Per-View.
Running Time: 2:58
Rating: TV-PG (V)

Well folks, its better late than never to discuss all the events that are bound to take place at Extreme Rules. Last year's show was pretty great, so I have high hopes for this one as well. So far it looks like we've got these matches confirmed...

John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus 2/3 Falls

and I'm pretty sure we're also going to get...

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

Randy Orton vs. Kane

Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show

Outside of those, what other matches do you think we'll see added to the card in the coming weeks?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Extreme Rules Preview & Live Discussion Thread

Kane vs Randy Orton is scheduled to be a steel cage match. Well see if that happens. I assume Jericho vs Punk will be a submission match or street fight. Big show vs Cody Rhodes might be falls count anywhere.

Other matches. I think that Santino will defend his U.S. Title against jack swagger or Dolph ziggler. Possibly a fatal four way match... Santino vs jack Swagger vs Dolph Ziggler vs Brodus Clay for the title. A divas title match will most likely happen with Beth Phoenix defending against Kelly Kelly or Eve. Epico and Primo could defend the titles against the Uso's but I don't think thar will happen.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Epico and Primo could defend the titles against the Uso's but I don't think thar will happen.

Sure it will, it'll be the dark match. :lol:

Starlight

Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Cody Rhodes are my four picks for the PPV. I would like to see them all walk away with a victory and titles for the title matches. Extreme Rules actually seems more promising than last year's Extreme Rules. The divas are disappointing; they should just be left off the card.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Are Daniel Bryan Cody Rhodes Brock Lesnar and CM Punk the ones you think will win or the ones you want to win?

Starlight

I want them all to win, but I have a feeling Chris Jericho will win instead of Punk. At this point, I have no idea what WWE is doing with Daniel Bryan or Sheamus. I do believe Rhodes redeems himself and regains his title. Extreme Rules has his name all over. Brock is better than Cena. That is all.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I want them all to win, but I have a feeling Chris Jericho will win instead of Punk. At this point, I have no idea what WWE is doing with Daniel Bryan or Sheamus. I do believe Rhodes redeems himself and regains his title. Extreme Rules has his name all over. Brock is better than Cena. That is all.

Sorry but there is no way Rhodes is going to win. I want him to but I highly doubt he will. Bryan/Sheamus has been pretty crappy but their 2 out of 3 falls match should be phenomenal. Jericho might win because he deserves it for being such a sick heel and CM Punk can get even angrier at Jericho, makes for better tv. I think John Cena vs Brock Lesnar will have a tainted finish. Either Brock will pulverize Cena with a chair or vice versa (rumor is the match will have no stipulation). Maybe John Laurinaitis will cost Cena the match. There's just no way wwe will have Cena or Lesnar lose clean

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Sorry but there is no way Rhodes is going to win. I want him to but I highly doubt he will.
Not sure how you can say there's NO way. Cody has been on the losing end of the feud in every segment since the match. I feel there's a strong possibility he'll get his win back from Show. It's not going to make him look good if he gets beat at two PPV's in a row and in between gets dissed over and over again by Show.

I think Show's win at 'Mania was to give him a 'Mania moment and now its time to give the win back to Cody. I hope I'm right.

Starlight

I personally think giving the titles to Show and Sheamus were mistakes. Those are my biggest complaints about Wrestlemania. I really want Daniel Bryan to win the 2 out of 3 falls. maybe have him use Aj has a shield and roll Sheamus up, then make him tap during the 3rd falls. Jericho or Punk winning is fine. I like both guys; both have great skill and mic skill, so a Jericho win will keep the feud alive. I loved the scenario of Cena being beaten senseless with a steel chair. Lets hope for that. ;p

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Not sure how you can say there's NO way. Cody has been on the losing end of the feud in every segment since the match. I feel there's a strong possibility he'll get his win back from Show. It's not going to make him look good if he gets beat at two PPV's in a row and in between gets dissed over and over again by Show.

I think Show's win at 'Mania was to give him a 'Mania moment and now its time to give the win back to Cody. I hope I'm right.

How would it be good if Cody held the title for seven months then dropped it for a month then won it back again. That'd look stupid. He'll never get a world title shot that way. Besides The Big Show deserves a long title run for all the years he's put into wrestling and WWE

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

How would it be good if Cody held the title for seven months then dropped it for a month then won it back again. That'd look stupid. He'll never get a world title shot that way. Besides The Big Show deserves a long title run for all the years he's put into wrestling and WWE

Because losing at two PPV's in a row and being the brunt of jokes for nearly a month does a whole lot to make him look good?

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Because losing at two PPV's in a row and being the brunt of jokes for nearly a month does a whole lot to make him look good?

That's the way wrestling works. Every wrestler is in the hole at some point in their career. Rhodes made Bug Show's life miserable so now Big Show will return the favor. That's the way it goes. Putting the belt back on Rhodes after a 7 month reign is not the right thing to do

Starlight

The only person WWE has made lose two PPV's in a row is Beth Phoenix against Kelly Kelly. I still haven't figured that one out and I gave up trying.

I do agree with Fuji Vice because it's very rare a superstar loses two big pay-per view matches back to back. I'd love for Cody to enter the world title division, but the truth is, I highly doubt WWE would make that jump. The only reason I feel Big Show is in the WWE because of his size. Vince has a hard on for big superstars despite their talent level. Big Show is pretty useless and talentless to me.

I'm pushing for Cody to win so hard because I can't stand Big Show.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

The only person WWE has made lose two PPV's in a row is Beth Phoenix against Kelly Kelly. I still haven't figured that one out and I gave up trying.

I do agree with Fuji Vice because it's very rare a superstar loses two big pay-per view matches back to back. I'd love for Cody to enter the world title division, but the truth is, I highly doubt WWE would make that jump. The only reason I feel Big Show is in the WWE because of his size. Vince has a hard on for big superstars despite their talent level. Big Show is pretty useless and talentless to me.

I'm pushing for Cody to win so hard because I can't stand Big Show.

WWE never makes a superstar lose two PPVs in a row. Christian lost to Randy Orton at Over the Limit and Capitol Punishment with the world title on the line. CM Punk lost 3 in a row. He lost to Triple H at Night of Champions then to Alberto Del Rio at Hell in a Cell then to Miz and R Truth at Vengeance in a tag match. Christian became world champion and Punk became wwe champion. So I don't see how losing multiple PPVs in a row matters