WWE Extreme Rules 2010.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The John Report: WWE Extreme Rules

Street Fight Match
Triple H vs. Sheamus

We are reminded that the only way wrestlers can win is via pinfall or submission. The theme music of Triple H begins, but he doesn’t come out. The music stops and we are shown HHH and Sheamus brawling in the corridor. Referees appear and attempt to pull them apart (quite frankly, they are going a better job than the TNA security). Sheamus blasts HHH in the head with a pipe twice. Sheamus walks off. I hate this whole idea. The only positive that will come out of this is a small push for Sheamus.

The Miz and Big Show segment

I was quite a fan of this promo. Miz ranted about being the best tag team. Miz mentions Hart. Miz goes as far to compare Show to Andre, saying that Andre is a girl. Smackdown General Manager Theodore R. Long came out and said he had a team for them to face. Long said if this team wins, they get a future World Tag Team Title match. Miz got a shot in at the Orioles (they are in Baltimore), then told Long to go figure out how to mess up the draft tomorrow. Long then said since Miz likes to keep talking, there will be a second team after the first, with the same stipulation. Miz kept talking, so Long upped it to three teams. Miz mocked him, and Long threatened to make it four, so Big Show put his hand over Miz' mouth to shut him up. So, Miz and Show will now face three teams in a row, and the first one to beat them (if any) gets a title shot tomorrow on Raw. Morrison and Truth are the first team out. Yet another boring team. Morrison needs to break away from the tag team division and become a major player on Smackdown; His matches against Swagger have been great and the 16th April Smackdown match between the two actually deserved match of the night imo. The end to this little match occurs when Morrison hits a dropkick, but Show shoves him away. Show went for a chokeslam, but Morrison put Show in a triangle choke, pulling him over the top rope. Miz tried to break it up, but Truth knocked him to the floor and gave Miz a pescado. The referee disqualified Morrison for not breaking the choke on the ropes, ending the match at the three minute mark. The next team out are MVP and Mark “Please don’t arrest me†Henry. The end to this bland match happened when MVP gave Miz a Playmaker, but Big Show punched MVP in the head and Miz pinned MVP at the two minute mark. The last team, as we all knew it would be, was The Hart Dynasty accompanied with Bret. Miz was pinned in under a minute. Tonight on Raw we will see ShowMiz vs. Hart Dynasty, I presume that Hart will also claim ShowMiz are the best team. WWE will probably forget about that though.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

Punk teases being bald as he looks at the chair. I seriously doubt he will be getting his head shaved.

Further on in the match, Punk blasts Rey with a kick to the face for a two count. Punk missed a running knee in the corner and Rey used a spinning headscissors to put Punk in a 619 position. Rey hit the move. Someone came out from under the ring and tossed a chair in the ring. The referee went to toss the chair out, while the mystery man, who was bald, came out the other side of the ring, pulled Rey to the floor and planted him with a reverse powerbomb on the floor. Punk pulled Rey back in the ring and hit the GTS for the pin at the seventeen minute mark. The replay made it seem like it might have been two men, dressed the same, that came out from under the ring.
So, WWE could have 5 members of the SES? I wanted this feud to end tonight, but unfortunately it will continue. We’ll see a match at a future PPV between the two in which if Mysterio wins he can jump out of the SES. Sooo predictable.

Winner: CM Punk

Strap Match
JTG vs. Shad

I really am not interested in this match in the slightest. This whole PPV really hasn’t been fully booked to the best because of this UK shit and the fact WWE didn’t make the best of what it had. I mean, JTG and Shad could have had a major scene on Raw this past week. WWE could have used that time to actually develop these two wrestlers so people actually care about their PPV match. I don’t even know if they had a segment on SD (I didn’t see Smackdown this week). Even if they did, they have only had about 4 segments totalling 30 minutes overall. How can people be expected to get into this match? JTG wins after touching all four turnbuckles.

Winner: JTG

Backstage we are told by Todd Grisham that HHH will face Sheamus later tonight.

World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton
They did the "big match" intros for the bout. Swagger went for a takedown at the start, getting a one count. Swagger grabbed a leg and hit a Dragonscrew legswhip. Swagger grabbed a waistlock and rode Orton on the mat. Orton got to his feet, but missed a back elbow and Swagger hit a series of shoulderblocks in a corner. Swagger got on the middle rope to punch Orton, but Orton ducked under him and hit Swagger, then elbowed him off the ropes. Orton took Swagger down for a two count, then Swagger rolled to the floor. Swagger grabbed a chair, but Orton went to the floor and kicked the chair out of his hand. Orton stalked Swagger around the ring, and Swagger rolled back in.

Orton rolled Swagger into the ring, then started stomping him. Orton dropped a knee to the head, then continued stomping him. Orton went for another kneedrop, but Swagger rolled out of the way. Swagger went to the floor and got a chair. As he got back in the ring, Orton kicked him. Orton then hit the elevated DDT. Randy measured Swagger for the RKO, then stopped and picked up the chair. Orton set up the chair in the ring and went for a running RKO on the chair, but Swagger picked up Orton and dropped him hip first on the chair. Swagger grabbed Orton around the waist, muscled him up and hit the gutwrench powerbomb for the pin at the fourteen minute mark.
Jack Swagger, the man who jobbed to Orton just a few weeks ago on Raw, defeated Orton at a PPV. This decision is a terrible one. Orton needs the belt. Randy is on a face transition and is a well-liked member of Raw. I liked the match, but the decision is stupid. The announcers tried to play the whole fact that Orton brought the chair in so he deserved it.. Erm, Hello. Orton is the face here. You should not try and tell the audience that Orton deserved that when he is a face. If anything, you should play on how vicious Swagger is and how mindful and vindictive he is. Orton RKOs Swagger on the outside.

Winner: Jack Swagger

Sheamus walks out and stares at Orton. Potential future feud? I hope so.
The announcers tell us that HHH has a numb hand. Poor him.

Street Fight
Triple H vs. Sheamus

As the bell rang, Sheamus went at Triple H with the pipe, but he ducked it and tackled him. Triple H hit a series of right hands, and clotheslined Sheamus to the floor. Triple H tackled him on the floor, then rammed him into the announcers table and ringside barrier. Triple H continued to beat Sheamus on the floor, then up the aisle. Triple H took him back to the ring and hit a spinebuster. Triple H went for a Pedigree, but couldn't hook it due to his left arm being injured. Sheamus broke out and knocked Triple H to the floor. Sheamus hit a double axhandle on the floor, then tossed him back first into the barrier. Sheamus threw him into the barrier two more times.
Later on, Triple H went to the outside, but Sheamus hit him in the gut. Sheamus went under the ring for a kendo stick. Triple H gave a drop toe hold to a charging Sheamus, sending him into the ring steps. Triple H picked up the kendo stick and blasted Sheamus in the back of the head with it, then across the back, then across the stomach. Triple H blasted him with it over and over, with Sheamus laid out in the middle of the aisle. They went up the ramp, and Triple H went for a Pedigree, but Sheamus backdropped him on the metal ramp. Sheamus hit Triple H with a pump kick. There were some big welts on Sheamus' back. Sheamus dragged Triple H back to the ring, then hit another pump kick. Sheamus stared at Triple H while Triple H pulled himself up in a corner. Triple H shoved the referee away as he checked on him. Triple H gave Sheamus a crotch chop. Sheamus hit a pump kick in the corner. Triple H stumbled out and Sheamus hit another pump kick and got the pin at the sixteen minute mark. HHH teases the DX salute, which is completely unneeded. After the match, HHH has a neckbrace on. He walks out on his own. HHH should have a few months off now, which is good. I can’t see where he would have gone from here anyway. Sheamus kicks HHH again! That kick was one of the only things I actually like about this PPV. Sheamus draws some major heat.

Winner: Sheamus

Extreme Makeover match
Michelle McCool vs. Beth Phoenix

There was a table of makeup items, as well as household items like a mop and ironing board at ringside. McCool was accompanied by Layla and Vickie Guerrero. Phoenix and McCool locked up, and McCool hit a knee to the body and some forearms, but Phoenix rolled up McCool for a two count, then hit a second rope clothesline. Soon after, Beth put two ironing boards next to each other in the ring, then set up to superplex her onto them. Vickie and Layla used a broom and mop to hit Phoneix in the legs as she set up for the move. This distraction allowed McCool to shove Phoenix off the ropes and onto the ironing boards. McCool got a two count. McCool went for a Faith Breaker, but Phoenix reversed it into a fireman's carry. Michelle fought out of it, but Phoenix transitioned into a Glamslam for the pin at the six minute mark.

Winner: New Womens champion: Beth Phoenix

Steel Cage
Chris Jericho vs. Edge

Edge limped his way to the ring, but smiled once he got in the cage. Jericho stalled for a long time before entering the cage. Jericho tried to bring a chair into the cage with him, but Edge hit a baseball slide, knocking him down. Edge rammed Jericho into the ringside barrier, then tossed him into the cage. Edge closed the door, and the bell rang. Jericho tried to climb out immediately, but Edge pulled him down by the trunks and worked him over in a corner. Jericho found back with a kick and went for a whip in the corner, but Edge reversed it and hit a clothesline. Edge catapulted Jericho into a corner, but Jericho leaped onto the ropes and tried to climb out. Edge pulled him back in, slamming him off the top rope.

Jericho yelled at Edge to stay down, but he got up, so Jericho chopblocked his leg. Jericho called him an idiot and said he "had his chance" and went for the chair. Jericho went to hit Edge's leg, but Edge moved out of the way. Edge hit a burst of offense, flinging Jericho into the cage repeatedly. Edge tossed Jericho into the cage again, and Jericho jumped up on the ropes and tries to climb out again. Edge went up after him, and rammed his head into the steel over and over. Edge yelled "Now it ends" and flung Jericho into the ring. Jericho crawled for the door, and Edge slammed the cage door on Jericho's leg. Edge wrenched Jericho's injured ankle. Edge grabbed it and wrenched it again, then stomped it. Edge measured Jericho and hit a spear. Edge got the pin at the twenty minute mark. Yet again, Edge wins with a spear. Swagger/Edge for next PPV Plz.

Winner: Edge

Last man standing match for the WWE Championship
John Cena vs. Batista

ista had his "spotlight" entrance, and a good crowd reaction. Cena's entrance got easily the biggest reaction of the show, but then there was also a big "Cena sucks" chant. They did the "big match" intros here. They locked up, and Cena immediately hit a flying shoulderblock after dodging a forearm. Batista regrouped on the floor and got back in. Batista missed a punch and Cena hit a shoulderblock again. Batista went to the floor and got a chair. He got in, and Cena dodged a chairshot and hit some punches. Batista shoved a section of the ringsteps in the ring. Batista went for a Batista Bomb on the steps, but Cena tripped him and applied the STF. Batista tapped, but it didn't matter. Batista kept tapping, then reached the ropes, but Cena just kept the hold on. Batista went limp, and Cena released the hold. Batista slowly got up at the count of five and barely got his feet under him at nine. Cena went to the floor and pulled Batista crotch first into the ring post. Cena took a roll of duct tape and taped Batista's feet together with the ringpost between his legs. Batista struggled to break the duct tape, but couldn't do it. Cena mocked Batista with a "You Can't See Me" gesture as the referee counted to ten at the twenty-five minute mark. I am really glad that Batista is now gone from WWE. Thank God. I can’t really see where he would have gone from here. At least WWE made one good decision tonight.

Winner: John Cena

Overall, there was some good matches. This wasn’t a good PPV. One crappy gimmick match but also there were a few good matches. Shad/JTG was boring but on the other hand, Tista/Cena, Edge/Jericho & Sheamus/HHH pulled off some Ok preformances. The tag team matches weren’t too bad but were very fast and served no real purpose overall except for a match tomorrow night on Raw. This clearly wasn’t the best PPV of 2010. Actually, this was the worst PPV WWE have produced this year. 4/10 is my rating because some good/Ok showings but the mid-card/diva matches brought the show down.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Cow_Boring.jpg

tazzen78

Reaction score
With most of the greats gone and HHH pulling more to the back the shows are going down here, taker be gone soon. I think they need to really work on pushing and hiring better workers at this rate TNA wll take over.