WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Drew

Reaction score
But if its delayed a month, nothing bad will happen.

You really seem to think Orton/Batista isn't a bad match?

What you're saying is that we're getting workked up over nothing, since a month later he'll win the title?

The problem is that he'd have to WAIT a month to get it...when he should, at worst, be in the Main Event at WM.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Man the writing is on the wall.

You seem to think HHH/Kane vs Bryan would be a smart match at WM, with the reasoning that HHH can wrestle(which isn't even part of the debate)...I think it's a horrible idea and would make a lot of us fans hate the WWE even more.

Giving him some cheap title win the month after would be hollow...especially when the WWE has him lose that Title a month or two later since they still seem intent on not having him as the Face of the Company.

When did I say Bryan vs Kane would be good? I said Bryan vs HHH would be good because he can get revenge for all the hell the authority has put him through

Joey

Reaction score
And TBH? That Month long Batista reign would feel like 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey

Reaction score
Btw im certain Batista will win, because there would be no point of bringing Orton all the way to WM to retain.

Drew

Reaction score
And why would they only have Batista hold the title for a month?

They wouldn't...thus the entire debate here is ridiculous.

If Bryan isn't, at WORST in the ME at WM, then the WWE screwed up big time, and while noone will completely stop watching, we'll be evne more cynical of the product than we are now.

THAT'S something the WWE should be trying to avoid.

And yes, taking out HHH would be sweet revenge...but you know what's better? Winning the Title on the Biggest Stage at All, Shoving it in their faces, and Proving them wrong...that would be even sweeter.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You really seem to think Orton/Batista isn't a bad match?

What you're saying is that we're getting workked up over nothing, since a month later he'll win the title?

The problem is that he'd have to WAIT a month to get it...when he should, at worst, be in the Main Event at WM.
TBH I don't think Orton/Batista is going to be bad, I think it could be good if booked right. I just don't think excluding Bryan is best.

When did I say Bryan vs Kane would be good? I said Bryan vs HHH would be good because he can get revenge for all the hell the authority has put him through
Except that match is NOT happening no matter what.

And TBH? That Month long Batista reign would feel like 3 years

Honestly, the worst slap in the face is if Daniel Bryan doesn't take the title from Randy Orton. It wasn't Batista keeping him from being the face of the WWE.

Drew

Reaction score
Btw im certain Batista will win, because there would be no point of bringing Orton all the way to WM to retain.

Agree...that's why Bryan needs to be in there to keep it from happening. Unless Batista turns intoa Monster heel before WM(which wouldn't make sense as both he and Orton would be heels), there's no reason to even watch it. You know Batitsta will win that match...but since the entire WWE universe hates Batista it would be dumb to do that IMO.

Drew

Reaction score
TBH I don't think Orton/Batista is going to be bad, I think it could be good if booked right. I just don't think excluding Bryan is best.

That's fair.

I'll disagree...I have no interest in seeing that match, and think the match would blow. Maybe not as bad as Batista/Del Rio did tonight...but not a whole lot better IMO.

Joey

Reaction score
I think the point is, that Randy vs. Batista isnt worthy of the Main Event, and neither of them are worthy of the Title.

WWE pulled a doozy when they had Batista win the rumble. They've dug themselves a grave this time.

And thats the bottom line because the WWE Universe said so.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Idk when I look at Batista and Orton they look pretty legit to me.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I would not be surprised if the fans begin to throw shit in the ring like they did the night Hogan turned and joined the nWo if they keep it just Orton/Batista. If Bryan is added it will make the fans less angry unless he losses.

Joey

Reaction score
Idk when I look at Batista and Orton they look pretty legit to me.

Yeah Batista looked real legit tonight with the entire arena booing the fuck out of him, all winded afterward.

And Randy on the other hand? Everyones just sick of him, and for me, he doesnt have the presence of a Title Holder, he cant carry them or defend them right. Randy Boredom isnt just some stupid nickname you know

Joey

Reaction score
But anyway, great PPV.

I enjoyed all the matches, except Batista vs. Bertie, but i wasnt expecting much anyway.

Wyatts/Shield tore the house down. Probably my favorite Tag Match of all time, and easily my favorite 6-Man.

Titus vs. Young lived up to my expectations, The Divas match was
Decent, Outlaws vs. Usos was fun, Pre-Show was good, and the Chamber was excellent. Despite the result.

Also really enjoyed Big E vs. Swagger.

I'll give Chamber 2014 an 8.5/10, B+

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And Randy on the other hand? Everyones just sick of him, and for me, he doesnt have the presence of a Title Holder, he cant carry them or defend them right. Randy Boredom isnt just some stupid nickname you know

Except not everyone agrees with you on this point. Randy spent about two years treading water on SmackDown nowhere near the main event. Before that though, he was the Superstar of the Year for 2011, having some of the best matches with Christian. Since being thrust back into the spotlight in the Summer, he's had one MOTYC after another with Daniel Bryan. He may not be who the Universe wants right now, but he isn't an undeserved champion like Batista would be.

adammarrett23

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If Orton/Batista is main event at Mania it will be the single worst booking decision of all time and fans will treat it that way.The Rumble and Chamber crowds have destroyed Batista imagine what happens if 70 plus thousand get hold of him in a match that isn't his and he has no right being in.Anyone who thinks waiting another month for Bryan to win the strap is really short sighted.This Bryan story dtarted at Summerslam and Bryan has been booked strongly with screwy finishes since, other then the Bray/Bryan match which elevated Bray.Its building to the pay off at Mania of Bryan winning the title with the Yes movement behind him.Well I hope it is or I've mis read the whole set up of this angle.

Reactions: 1 person