WWE Considering Pairing Ronda Rousey With Paul Heyman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Could the Rowdy one be the company’s first Paul Heyman Girl?

Slice Wrestling, the Twitter account that broke the news of Jey Uso’s arrest last month, claims Paul Heyman could be used as Ronda Rousey’s Advocate in WWE.

The potential pairing would see Heyman “involved in transitioning Ronda Rousey from a UFC fighter to a WWE Superstar.” Presumably, this would see Paul cast in a similar role to the one he enjoys with Brock Lesnar currently – Ronda would take care of action in the ring, while Paul would take care of hyping the matches she’s involved in.

It works for Brock, so why couldn’t it work for Ronda?

After a hard-fought battle in the Octagon, Rousey proved time and time again that she knows her way around a microphone. She had no problem articulating herself with the shackles of exhaustion setting in. However, WWE’s apparent want for Heyman to act as her mouthpiece may have come from her performances as an actor. WWE Superstars are playing a role when we see them on television and Ronda has proved she’s far less comfortable being anything other than herself. I’m not writing her abilities off here, but you can certainly tell when she’s reciting something written for her as opposed to speaking from the heart.

The Rowdy one is rumoured to be making her in-ring WWE debut at WrestleMania 34, although it’s not clear who she will be taking on. She has signed a full-time contract with the company, however, so there’s plenty of time to tell a story between the former UFC Bantamweight Champion and her ‘Mania foe – or foes, with a mixed tag match against Stephanie McMahon and Triple H the current frontrunner.

Last year, former ECW head honcho Heyman appeared on the Fight Society podcast to discuss his potential future client’s prospects if she were to sign with WWE. He said: “I think the WWE audience would embrace Ronda Rousey with open arms. Just her name recognition alone is huge.

“It doesn’t matter her past two experiences in UFC. All that matters is if she got involved in a story that people could relate to and could sink their teeth into and get excited about.”
I never even considered this in all actuality. Now i've read it, I want to see it and it would give an even bigger feel to whatever direction they go with her.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thought this was a natural pairing.

Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Makes the most sense; especially if she's going to be a heel

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Doubt she's a heel when shes rumoured to face Stephanie and Triple H.

Certain dummies online may act like she's this major heel who is taking some chicks spot but they don't matter.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I think she's gonna be a heel cause I still have her facing Charlotte for the belt

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Feel like it's too early for Charlotte.

Should just have her massacre Steph in 15 seconds after getting the big tag from whoever her partner is.

But a one on one match means we could get a Joan Jett performance at Mania.

I'm conflicted.

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Can she not talk herself?.. Just have her go solo unless she's really struggling with promos.. Besides Lesnar, Paul Heyman has killed everybody's career they pair him with.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ofcourse she can talk herself....she's sold PPVs and brought an entire division to the UFC just with her personality and charisma alone. Brock also can talk, he just doesn't need too.

Paul Heyman doesn't build stars, he enhances already established ones....Brock and CM Punk being his biggest examples recently.

LOL at killing careers....boy you sound stupid.