WWE Battleground 2015 Preview + Live Discussion: July 19, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
wwe.batleground.logo.16.6.2015.by.terbox.png

The squared circle will be the setting for Superstars to settle WWE's hottest rivalries at WWE Battleground 2015.

Don't miss a second of the action Sunday, July 19, at 8 ET/5 PT on WWE Network!

20150614_Battleground_LIGHT_matches-HP-sethbrock.jpg

Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

20150614_Battleground_LIGHT_matches-HP_cenaowens.jpg

John Cena vs Kevin Owens - WWE United States Championship

20150614_Battleground_LIGHT_matches-HP-romanbray.jpg

Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt

20150614_Battleground_LIGHT_matches-HP_RybackBigShowMiz.jpg

Big Show vs Ryback vs The Miz - WWE Intercontinental Championship

20150614_Battleground_LIGHT_matches-HP_PTPNewDay.jpg

The Primetime Players vs The New Day - WWE Tag Team Championships

20150614_Battleground_LIGHT_matches-HP_OrtonSheamus.jpg

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

20150713_Battleground_LIGHT_Kickoff_HOMEPAGE.jpg

R-Truth vs King Barrett - Battle for the Crown

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Batlleground 2015 Preview + Live Discussion: July 19, 2015

We are 24 hours removed from MITB and we already have two huge matches. Thoughts?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Wyatt/Reigns stuff doesn't interest me at all. Lesnar/Rollins should be great though.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah Rollins vs Lesnar is going to be Match of the year quality matches for sure. I've been looking forward to this matchup after that triple threat bout they were both involved in months ago.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The Wyatt/Reigns stuff doesn't interest me at all. Lesnar/Rollins should be great though.

I have no desire to see Wyatt/Reigns either, but damn if Lesnar and Rollins won't tear the WWE Universe down. That match makes the entire Battleground card.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing both matches, especially Rollins vs Lesnar. Wyatt vs Reigns should be interesting. Even though their TV matches in the past I don't remember being too high on.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Alright guys that match card is up to date. Whattaya think

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Time for Fuji's thoughts on the announced matches...

R-Truth vs. King Barrett - LOL, why is this still going on? The only positive here is that I don't have to rush home to catch the pre-show, since I give zero fucks about this match.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus - Seems kind of rushed, but I'm not complaining that much because these guys should be able to deliver. The new reversed roles dynamic works well since I can't remember the last time a heel Sheamus fought a face Orton? Maybe Royal Rumble 2010, although Orton wasn't really a face at that point. Anyhow, yeah, should be fun but my interest level isn't exactly at a 10.

Miz vs. Big Show vs. Ryback - Ryback being out really sucks, mainly because they've actually done a decent job building this feud. Unfortunately the old IC Title curse has reared its ugly head once more, so we're left with Big Show and Miz. Not sure if they're going to have a match or maybe just a segment, but regardless, RETIRE THE FUCKING IC TITLE ALREADY!!!!

Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns - While I've changed my stance on Reigns over the last few months, I've gotten even harder on Wyatt, who I feel has been exposed as a major one-trick pony. I just can't stand his nonsensical booking. Ramble about someone vague, attack someone on a PPV, ramble on Raw and SD about why he attacked them, lose the feud, repeat. How they think this is going to get him over is beyond me. Don't have high hopes for this one.

New Day vs. PTP - The PTP title switch has done nothing for them and New Day are still pretty popular, even figuring into Lesnar's return match in Japan. I'm torn on this because I like both teams, but at the end of the day I just think the New Day act has way more legs and that they should be champs. UNLESS Rowan is almost ready to come back, in which case they should keep the belts on the PTP so that Harper/Rowan can slaughter them at SummerSlam and finally get the damn tag titles they should have won at Battleground last year.

Kevin Owens vs. John Cena - Well, they've put on the MOTN on two shows in a row, so there's no reason to think it'll be any different here. This feud has been really good and also allowed others (Cesaro, Rusev) to look good by proxy, which should be the goal every time. I think Cena's US Title Open Challenge has been fantastic but I also think its probably run its course, so I'm really hoping Owens takes the belt here, dispatches of Cena at SummerSlam in the rematch and then goes on to a nice long reign. That being said, I'm still prepared for the old LOLCENAWINS because let's face it, history is on his side.

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins - Another match that should be really good, especially with the idea that Rollins won't have his buddies around to save his ass. I imagine Brock will just annihilate Rollins for the majority of the match, with Rollins trying to get a sneaky spot in here or there to save himself. I also expect a great deal of stalling to start, since it would fit with the Rollins character. Not sure what's going to happen at the end but I can't see them switching the belt on this show, so I'll go with Rollins retaining via some sort of shenanigans.

Overall it doesn't seem like a bad show on paper, but it's clearly just a placeholder until SummerSlam.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
R-Truth vs. King Barrett - A little disappointed that this is still going on. Truth is entertaining, but I really want to see the King Of The Ring crown mean something. I wouldn't be surprised to see Truth win this.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus - I'm not very interested in this match. I didn't really care for their TV matches and their past PPV matches. It could turn out good though since I like the both of them.

Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns - I have enjoyed the build to this match. Wyatt getting personal with Reigns has been very enjoyable. Now let's see what they can do in a match with a story behind them.

New Day vs. PTP - Should be an enjoyable match. I really want to see The New Day get the belts back. I don't see the Prime Time Players providing much entertainment with the belts without New Day.

Kevin Owens vs. John Cena - I just hope that Owens wins this match and gets the belt.

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins - Now this should be awesome. It's a great combination. I'm really looking forward to it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Anyone watching live tonight? Seems like we may be in for a few surprises. I'll be here.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I think I will be here

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I just know he's gonna lose :(
Actually I think he has a good shot of winning. His mom's in the crowd tonight and Sheamus is currently holding the briefcase, which as we all know usually means losing a lot.