WWE Adds more PPV's

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
If you guys haven't read yet, they're expanding the PPV schedule once the brand split happens and bringing back some old names. Here's the new schedule (which has been confirmed by multiple sources now)

* WWE SummerSlam, August 21st in Brooklyn (both brands)
* WWE Backlash, September 11th in Richmond (SmackDown event/ WWE Network exclusive)
* WWE Clash of the Champions, September 25th in Indianapolis (RAW event)
* WWE No Mercy, October 9th in Sacramento (SmackDown event)
* WWE Hell In a Cell, October 30th in Boston (RAW event)
* WWE Survivor Series, November 20th in Toronto (both brands)
* WWE TLC, December 4th in Dallas (SmackDown event)
* WWE Roadblock, December 18th in Pittsburgh (RAW event)

What the hell is next year going to look like?

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I wasn't aware this had been confirmed yet, but I think it looks good thus far. I always liked the old PPV names.

I'm assuming next year will continue this trend of having two events each month with exception to the big four.

As long as they keep the events two weeks apart and build them up as proper brand exclusive events I'm OK with it.

This way each brand gets a normal 12 PPV schedule and they get to share the big four.

Now that WWE has replaced Night with Clash of the Champions (great move) I'm hoping for more WCW named events.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't know about this. It seems a little excessive to have so many PPV's, two every single month except for the big 4 is crazy even if they are brand exclusive. I quite liked the old format when Raw had certain PPVs and Smackdown did with the big four being both, it gave longer to build up storylines which worked.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well it's easier now with the wwe network since people don't have to order ppv twice a month which would have hampered sales. Look if wwe can keep everything interesting and coherent then i have no problem with this. I wish they'd change the scheduled to the original schedule of Backlash after WrestleMania then Judgement Day and so on and so forth. Idk why they're putting Backlash in September. September used to be Unforgiven. Might as well bring back Judgement Day, Unforgiven, Armageddon and The Great American Bash. If they do two ppvs a month then they should just combine the old schedule with the new schedule which is what they'll probably do.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Great value if you subscribe to the network.

The archive doesn't do as good as new content, so it's a smart move to double their PPVs. I feel for their production teams though.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
TBH, it's too hard to tell at this stage how this is gonna work out.

Immediate thoughts are that this is too much content, only the biggest die hards are gonna be watching every single show with this much being put out.

Then I stop & think and realise we need to wait for the draft to play out first. For example, if they stick with one World Champ (like I hope), does that mean whoever that champ is gonna be defending that strap on essentially every big show? They'll over-expose the champ fast if that's the tactic, so they may have to rely on secondary titles or feuds to anchor some of these shows.

It's good for the talent, as they'll stop running big matches on weekly TV as much as they have to save content for these shows, which means they'll suffer far less from burnout. Looking at that schedule, each brand will sometimes have just 4 shows to build an entire event around, so the writing will hopefully be tighter, and they won't go throwing out stuff like Rollins/Zayn for nothing on free TV & guys like Cesaro won't be under as much pressure to have **1/2 to ***1/2 star matches ever week. Sounds like a weird complaint, "I want my TV shows to have shitter content", but there's a reason the company has been plagued by injuries this last year.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
My thoughts...

More wrestling, a happier KeepItFresh. More chances for great matches, I can't complain even if it seems like overkill. I'm so excited I might die from alcohol poisonin' this summer and it'll be worth it.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I've had an idea for a while that if you book Raw and SD as only an hour, you could book two hour pay per views and have three hour ones for the big four. Works for NXT having only an hour, thought it would work for Raw and SD too personally and make each different event feel special.

I only bring it up because I think a schedule like that would work with the brand split wonderfully.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If you think of each brand as its own entirely separate entity this just means each show still gets 12 PPV specials a year.

Nothing has changed in that regards. I think this a great idea and to be frank if I'm not paying for them, more is better.