WrestlingSmarks Contest: Blood Red Turns Dollar Green

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
stacks_image_42.png

1972 New York City and a dazed LENNY LONG walks away from a crash carrying someone’s foot in his hand. He is also searching for the VIP passenger who has somehow disappeared from the back of his overturned van. It’s the first day of his new promotion and LENNY has less than twenty minutes to deliver the missing person or a lot of people are going to get badly hurt.

DANNO GARLAND is in Shea Stadium trying to avoid a riot. He’s coming to the end of the most successful wrestling card of all time but he’s also coming to the realisation that he might not be able to deliver his widely hyped main event. He knows there’s more than the eyes of the arena on him and if LENNY doesn’t arrive soon, blood is going to be sought. Probably his.

PROCTOR KING nervously watches the show on TV, wondering why his fuck-up of a son does not already have the world heavyweight championship belt in his grasp. Arranging this match has taken PROCTOR four years of pay-offs, double dealing and bone-breaking to arrange, and if all that effort has been wasted then he might just have to take him a business trip to New York.

LENNY, DANNO and PROCTOR. Three men with pieces of the puzzle - but none with the full picture.

When they do piece it all together, the ‘fake’ world of professional wrestling is going to get very real.

Author Paul O'Brien has kindly agreed to supply WrestlingSmarks with five ebook copies of his first book Blood Red Turns Dollar Green Vol 1. This book series has been endorsed by wrestling legends Mick Foley and William Regal and is the first of it's kind, a crime fiction novel set in the 70's wrestling territory scene.

Members will be able to win copies in two installments. Three will be up for grabs in the Night of Champions Live Discussion thread. Any member with 20 posts or more in that thread automatically goes into the running for the book. Two more will be up for grabs during the RAW Live Discussion thread the day after NOC for any member with 10 or more posts in the thread. So make sure you are in those threads and posting so that you can be in the running to win this book.

Also check out Paul O'Brien's website Website for Writer Paul O'Brien where you can sign up to be in the running to win a 1st edition Blood Red Turns Dollar Green signed by WWE Legend, Mick Foley!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think it's fair enough. Folks that actually ordered the PPV and people that stream can take part or if you are good enough you can just spam and get away with it. I doubt many people will even go that way though. I won't be takin' part but gettin' 20 posts in an active discussion is lightwork. Good luck to everyone that is on during Night of Champions, I'd be here if I still ordered PPVs because Bryan/Orton is gonna be amazing.

Reactions: 1 person

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'll try but I prefer to stay out of Live discussions threads. It takes away from the whole watching experience and I see more hate and negativity in them then good posts.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think it's fair enough. Folks that actually ordered the PPV and people that stream can take part or if you are good enough you can just spam and get away with it. I doubt many people will even go that way though. I won't be takin' part but gettin' 20 posts in an active discussion is lightwork. Good luck to everyone that is on during Night of Champions, I'd be here if I still ordered PPVs because Bryan/Orton is gonna be amazing.

Not when you work nightshifts....

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
We want members to participate in the forum and so give them an incentive? You can't participate(or choose not to), that sucks. But it's an incentive not a reward.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
We want members to participate in the forum and so give them an incentive? You can't participate(or choose not to), that sucks. But it's an incentive not a reward.

I try to avoid contest threads because it takes away from the forum experience and I see more hate and negativity in them than people being thankful for the contest actually happening :hm:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I try to avoid contest threads because it takes away from the forum experience and I see more hate and negativity in them than people being thankful for the contest actually happening :hm:

Strange you would rip off my post to make a dig at me.

Turns out I see most hate and bad post from mods. That's the reason I stay out of the live discussion threads and discussion around the rest of the forums. Corruption at its best.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It'd be cool to be on during the show but if I can wait until tomorrow and save 40 dollars, I'm gonna do that. The book sounds like a fun read, I just won't be here.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Strange you would rip off my post to make a dig at me.

Turns out I see most hate and bad post from mods. That's the reason I stay out of the live discussion threads and discussion around the rest of the forums. Corruption at its best.

Wasn't really making a dig at you, your post just fit with what I was trying to get across that its silly to complain about this contest just because you may not be able to participate or not want to participate in the live discussion threads. You're not losing anything, you didn't have the book before and you won't have it now. But someone that can participate in the threads will be able to win something.

And where is this hate in the live threads? I know the posts aren't good for the most part, but what do you expect, people posting paragraphs about what just happened on Raw? No, it's going to be little short statements over what happened, usually satirical because that's what'll get you over in the threads. So please find me an example of a mod being hateful in a live thread, and if you do (it'll probably be [MENTION=547]Dale[/MENTION] or something) then I bet I can find a better example of you being hateful and negative towards Deezy or someone in some thread where he didn't even mention you because that's happened a lot over the past few months

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
There's 5 copies that are being given away, I think the fair thing to do would have three be the Live Discussions to promote that but you could do two more with just overall posts anywhere so then everyone can get a chance. That would be the fair thing for everyone.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well if you are referring to Raw threads where 80 things happen a night, you are of course gonna get a lot of things that fans don't like. This is gonna be a PPV, they are gonna be reactin' to matches. There is probably gonna be a lot less knee jerk responses anyways.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
There's 5 copies that are being given away, I think the fair thing to do would have three be the Live Discussions to promote that but you could do two more with just overall posts anywhere so then everyone can get a chance. That would be the fair thing for everyone.

Live discussions are usually why people gravitate towards a wrestling forum. It's the thing most new members look at to say "hey this place looks pretty cool" another would be feds. So that would be why the incentives go their first.

Another reason for not just doing post count in general is because we would get someone posting every single news article that gets posted online. They wouldn't be giving their thoughts and opinions just copy pasting. Some have suggested doing post count based on quality of the post but as you pointed out above (us mods are evil and corrupt so who would be the judge, i mean anyone we would assign to do it would just get corrupted wouldn't they)

But again to the main point Live discussions drive a forum. Sorry you don't choose to participate. The keyword of the last sentence being CHOOSE.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I may participate... I dunno yet. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be looking to watch the show or not.

Reactions: 2 people