Wrestling Smarks Prediction League Title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Is there a belt for the tournaments that are hosted through the site? err the prediction contest? just curious :)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The only competitions between members is the prediction league, and there's no belts or anything to put in sigs.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
oh man! Could we get a belt going possibly? I feel like I would be interested in participating in prediction league, but for what? ya know? A WS title would be awesome

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nice idea! It maybe just the push I need to start kicking arse!

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Nice idea! It maybe just the push I need to start kicking arse!

right! :) I think it would be awesome to has a WS title belt. It would really give incentive to participate in the prediction league, or whatever else would be used as criteria for holding the WS belt.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
@Defiant or anyone else wanna make a sig for it? We can start it after this season of the Prediction League ends at the end of June.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
That would be awesome! We could submit ideas into this thread on the looks, and dimensions of the belt...

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
@Defiant or anyone else wanna make a sig for it? We can start it after this season of the Prediction League ends at the end of June.

Is there any way of possibly altering the prediction contest a bit? A new point system, or something...not looking to step on toes or anything, but was just thinking maybe we could update the process :) For example, lets say...

I win the belt the first go around, would it be appropriate to lose the belt at the very next ppv if I lost, even though I was the champ? Or should the champ have live a few bonus points, so that if they miss a prediction, they wont absolutly lose the belt the first go around. OR maybe a number one contender spot for whoever gets first and is not the champ. Does that make sense?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Prediction thread is fine as it is, no need to be altering it at all. Plus you guys don't have to make a belt specifically for me...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Kinda makes sense, but I don't know if it works better than just crowning the overall winner with a title which is then defended next time out. Guess I am up for it though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of the winner of the season gets the belt for 6 months until another winner is crowed unless he wins again.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
If only defended every six months, I can see why you woundnt want to do it, but if it was defended at every PPV, there would be more participation. I realize the prediction contest has been going strong a long time on here, but im just thinking of ways that might improve participation :) My vote is to have the title defended every PPV, but I do realize that is just my opinion. If not for the prediction contest, then maybe have the belt be defended in a different way....most posts in a week or something? I think the prediction champion would be more interesting though =D

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's why it's called a prediction LEAGUE, to see who's the best at predicting over a period of time rather than a monthly basis where anyone can get lucky and come to think of it, there'd be more chance of people needing to "share" the belt which is pointless.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
That's why it's called a prediction LEAGUE, to see who's the best at predicting over a period of time rather than a monthly basis where anyone can get lucky and come to think of it, there'd be more chance of people needing to "share" the belt which is pointless.

That does make perfect sense. I guess my thinking would be to have the champ have an opportunity to defend their belt in a one on one, if they did not retain at the PPV. Not exactly sure about the specifics in event of defending one on one, but just a thought. Plus, even if the title did 'change hands' every single PPV, there are only 1 a month, that is a pretty long time to have a 'belt'. Idk, holding for 6 months seems like such a long time. Maybe there could be something that would force new users to have a certain amount of prediction points from the league in order to hold the belt?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I just think you're looking into this thing WAY too much. You're acting like people having a picture of a belt in their signature is going to cause a rush of new members to sign up and participate when infact the way it has been run now for a few years has been very successful, enjoyable and one of the more enjoyable things on the forum.