1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Wrestlers that never lived up to expectations

Discussion in 'General Wrestling' started by Cwalker, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Cwalker

Cwalker Praying for a Peyton Royce leak

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    Fab and I were talking and he had the idea of a thread about guys that were hyped up to be successful but never made it.

First person I think of that never lived up to expectations was Mr. Kennedy. Vince LOVED him and he had chance after chance to be a star but kept getting in his own way.

Who else you guys got?

2. Admin Post
    MR. SMALL PACKAGE

MR. SMALL PACKAGE You Know What Time It Is

I always thought Carlito and Shelton Benjamin had next.

3. Cwalker

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    Carlito is a very good one. Especially after listening to the STWW episode about him.

4. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

Carlito for sure, he won titles his first night on both Raw and Smackdown, just never got out of the mid card. I think you can go ahead and put Cesaro in this too even thought he's still going in the tag division just bc every expected him to be world champ well before now and it's not looking likely at all

Cwalker likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

MVP is another guy I just thought of that I thought would be a lot bigger after his original smackdown run but then they had that losing streak angle that killed everything he had going.

Chris Candido is a guy I really liked as well, not necessarily to be a main eventer but I thought he could have a been a really solid midcard hand for years for WWE but never got out of being Skip

6. Cwalker

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    You know, I thought the losing streak for MVP was gonna make him more of a relatable character and turn him into a decent babyface

7. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Currently it's Nakamura.....he had all this hype when he signed....but let's be honest, he's had one great match and has been subpar ever since.

All time might be Ken Shamrock.....he was probably the biggest star in MMA when he came in, but never got past midcard.

Cwalker and Chris like this.
  8. Cwalker

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    I mentioned Shamrock in the chat box, he could’ve been what Brock is today on a smaller scale

9. Admin Post
    MR. SMALL PACKAGE

Billy Gunn for sure had next until the Rock killed him that whole summer of '99 and Trips cut that promo on heat.

10. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

I'm always surprised when I look at KOTR winners and see him in 99 lmao

11. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    Don't think I can agree on Cesaro as I honestly struggle to believe anyone outside of his die hard fans would have said he was world champ material. I'd say it's almost unanimous that everyone knows how damn good he is in the ring but in basically every aspect outside of that I wouldn't even say he's remotely close.

Chris likes this.
  12. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Cesaro has always gotten over in tag teams whether it was on the indies or WWE.

13. Doc

Doc Cool Guy

christian2
    ajstyles
    roadwarriors
    samoajoe
    batista
    Teddy Hart is someone who hasn't lived up to his hype. There were high expectations . A lot of that was on him, but wish he could have done better. He has recently received another chance at redemption, and has been doing great in MLW.

Matt Morgan is another one who should have been great. WWE sabotaged him with that damn stutter gimmick, and he was pretty much dead in the water. He didn't do much in TNA.

Deezy likes this.
  14. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Matt Morgan should've been one of TNA's franchise players. I can't understand how or why they never used him to his full potential.

15. Admin Post
    MR. SMALL PACKAGE

I never saw the appeal for Morgan tbf. But it did look like he was about to get the rocket strap brother after they did the Hogan Cape angle and the feud with Kurt. But then it all went down hill after Scott Steiner said it to him "if he had his DNA he would kill himself, then hang himself" never recovered after that.

Chris and Deezy like this.