Wrestle Kingdom 9

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Card:​

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Four Way Match
reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) (c) vs. Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs. Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

Six Man Tag Team Match

BULLET CLUB (Bad Luck Fale, Jeff Jarrett & Yujiro Takahashi) vs. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Tomoaki Honma

Tag Team Match
Naomichi Marufuji, TMDK & Toru Yano (Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste) vs. Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer, Shelton Benjamin & Takashi Iizuka)

UWFI Rules Match

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki

NEVER Openweight Title Match
Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Togi Makabe

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. Kenny Omega

IWGP Tag Team Title Match
BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (c) vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata

Singles Match
AJ Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada​

Anybody gonna be watching this at all? I might try and find it afterwards even if to just watch the Bullet Club matches.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I may seek out the replay, been meaning to get some more NJPW in my life

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I might try and find it afterwards even if to just watch the Bullet Club matches.
:rofl:

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyhow, that hilarity aside, I watched the show and it was great, minus a few things that were shockingly related to Bullet Club. Jarrett bringing out Karen was just Blue, as was the entire match which was redeemed only by Honma getting the pinfall. Fuck Jeff Jarrett. The other BC crap involved Kenny Omega, who is quite possibly one of the most overrated wrestlers in the world right now. I don't know, I guess if you like his style you can get into him, but I don't so yeah, fuck him. On a positive note, I'll give BC members Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows props for putting on their best tag match together.

Nakamura/Ibushi was the clear MOTN, although I also loved Tanahashi/Okada, Sakuraba/Suzuki and Ishii/Makabe. Nakamura just fucking rules so much it's not even funny.

Hoping everyone checks out this show, it was great.

Oh and in case anyone is interested in this sort of thing, here's my ratings for each match...

Tag Team Four Way - **1/2
Six Man Bullet Club Disaster - **1/4
NOAH Tag - **1/4
Sakuraba vs. Suzuki - ****
Ishii vs. Makabe - ***3/4
Taguchi vs. Omega - **
Tag Title Match - ***1/4
Styles vs. Naito - ***1/2
Nakamura vs. Ibushi - ****3/4
Tanahashi vs. Okada - ****1/4

Last edited by a moderator:

Austin Bates

Reaction score
A little late, but this was a heck of a card from top to bottom. I'd say the MOTN was the IC title match between Nakura and Ibushi, but Tanahashi and Okada was a good main event too. Love the Rainmaker clothesline and loved that no one has kicked out of it except for Tanahashi on this night.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I've only seen the opener & Nakamura/Ibushi. Enjoyed the second although I think the MOTYC talk set my expectations a bit too high for it.