WP's R-A-M Tournament Round 2 Match 5

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Song you Prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra
This was written by Jimmy Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn. Van Heusen had a passion for flying and moonlighted part-time as a test pilot during World War II. (thanks, Keely - Bronx, NY)
This song went well with Sinatra's image as a debonair jet-setter, and it was a song he often played at his concerts.
Van Heusen and Cahn were very successful American songwriters. Other songs they wrote for Frank Sinatra include "High Hopes" and "Love And Marriage."
Other artists to record this include Michael Bublé, Count Basie, Dean Martin and Lou Rawls.
This was featured in the 1980 biopic Raging Bull, starring Robert De Niro as boxer Jake La Motta, and in the 2002 film Catch Me If You Can, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks.
In an interview with Songfacts, Charles Pignone, Vice President of Frank Sinatra Enterprises, talks about the popularity of this song: "They wrote 'Come Fly With Me' with him in mind. And I think that epitomized that decade and the good life and having a good time. America was just picking up the pieces from World War II, and the decade before that they were in a war, and things were changing in America. That song caught on and that was one of his most popular albums."
Sinatra was a forerunner of the concept album. Pignone told us about the singer's vision to present a better listening experience with albums like the travel-themed Come Fly With Me: "He was just very lucky that they were able to go from the 10-inch to the 12-inch [records]. But he had envisioned that instead of people just making singles, to do a whole album thematically so it would hold people's attention. It's all changed now, because everything's digital or on an iPod and people shuffle it, but you have to remember what a what a revolutionary concept - pardon the pun - it was because I think Frank felt that when people would drop that needle down, there's 15 or 18 or 20 minutes on one side, and it's pretty jarring if you're all over the place with a ballad, then a tempo song. He really came up with the idea of doing these concept albums where they thematically, musically and orchestrally would fit together."
[YOUTUBE]-wa0c8CD1Jw[/YOUTUBE]

vs

Time Warp by Richard O 'Brien
"The Time Warp" is a song featured in the 1973 rock musical The Rocky Horror Show and in its 1975 film adaption The Rocky Horror Picture Show, as well as a dance performed during the chorus of the song. The song is both an example and a parody of the dance song genre in which much of the content of the song is given over to dance step instructions. The dance is one of the major audience-participation activities during screenings of the film and performances of the show. It has become a popular song beyond the reaches of the film and show, and is often played at dances and weddings.
[YOUTUBE]QdbLirsZ_4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Postman Dave

Reaction score
ouch

Ol' Blue Eyes. But that was not easy.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Yeah, gotta go with Ol' Blue Eyes on this one.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Damn, I voted for both of these so this one is difficult for me.

Time Warp brings back so many memories so I had to go for that.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Frank all day long