WP's R-A-M Tournament Round 2 Match 4

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Song You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Dance The Night Away by Van Halen
"Dance the Night Away" was Van Halen's first top 20 U.S. hit, peaking at #15, and the second song from their 1979 album Van Halen II. While the rest of the songs from this album had existed in various forms since their days doing demos and playing clubs, this song was possibly the only song written during the recording sessions for the album. The band members conceived the song during the recording sessions while they were standing in a circle humming to each other. It was inspired by Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way". Eddie Van Halen purposely left a guitar solo out of the final version of the song, replacing it instead with a riff of tap harmonics. David Lee Roth originally wanted to call the song "Dance Lolita Dance", but Eddie Van Halen convinced him that "Dance the Night Away" was more suitable and the chorus was changed to reflect that.[1]

Roth claimed, during a 2006 performance in San Diego, California, that he wrote this song in tribute to an intoxicated woman who was having sex in the back of a truck and ran with her pants on backwards while escaping police officers into the bar where the fledgling band was playing. This was also mentioned at a 2006 performance in Detroit, Michigan.

The song appears in the films Private Parts, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, the science fiction film Mission to Mars, the Academy Award-winning 2012 film Argo, [2] and in the closing credits of That's My Boy. It was covered in 2010 by Pat Monahan on Santana's album Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time. In 2015, the song was covered and performed by Vocal Adrenaline, on the premiere episode, "Loser Like Me", of the sixth season of Glee.

The song was not performed live during the Sammy Hagar era, but did get played during the Van Halen III Tour in 1998. It has been played live on every tour since the 2007 reunion with Roth, and a live version is included on the album Tokyo Dome Live in Concert.
[YOUTUBE]_8d8DVCTB7U[/YOUTUBE]

vs

I Don't Want To Know by Fleetwood Mac
"I Don't Want to Know" was written by Stevie Nicks in 1974 before she joined Fleetwood Mac, and it was intended for a second album with her band Buckingham Nicks. The singer was initially unhappy about the decision to place the song on Rumours. The reason? It displaced another of Nicks' tunes, "Silver Springs," which she favored. The Fleetwood Mac frontwoman recalled in a 1991 BBC interview that when she asked Mick Fleetwood why "Silver Springs" was being removed, he replied: "There's a lot of reasons, but because basically it's just too long. And we think that there's another of your songs that's better, so that's what we want to do."

Nicks continued: "Before I started to get upset about 'Silver Springs,' I said, 'What other song?' And he said, 'A song called I Don't Want To Know.' And I said, 'But I don't want that song on this record.' And he said, 'Well, then don't sing it.'And then I started to scream bloody murder and probably said every horribly mean thing that you could possibly say to another human being, and walked back in the studio completely flipped out. I said, 'Well, I'm not gonna sing 'I Don't Want To Know.' I am one-fifth of this band.' And they said, ''You can either (a) take a hike or (b) you better go out there and sing 'I Don't Want To Know' or you're only gonna have two songs on the record.' And so, basically, with a gun to my head, I went out and sang 'I Don't Want To Know.' And they put Silver Springs on the back of 'Go Your Own Way.'"
Nicks has grown fonder of the song, and she said in a later interview: "I happen to really like that song, and I love singing that song with Lindsey because that was one of our Everly Brothers singing things that was really close and tight and really fun to sing. So if 'Silver Springs' was going to be replaced with anything, 'I Don't Want To Know' was a good replacement."
This pop-friendly, upbeat tune finds Nicks hoping that she and her beau can find what they are looking for in a relationship whether they are together or not, and it was most likely inspired by her tumultuous relationship with Buckingham. Its optimism contrasts with much of the other negative material on Rumours, which was penned in the midst of the band members turbulent private lives. It could be that the other band members felt it prudent to have at least one positive and optimistic track on the album, which is why they pushed so hard for the inclusion of this song.
[YOUTUBE]Vq8ka5gTFaI[/YOUTUBE]

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Dance The Night Away.

I love Van Halen and that song is one of my favorites. They are coming here to San Diego in September, and I really want to try and go.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Dance The Night Away.

I love Van Halen and that song is one of my favorites. They are coming here to San Diego in September, and I really want to try and go.

I'm going to see them in August and Dance the Night Away is one of the reasons why. It'll be getting my vote here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[MENTION=1]DJ Punk[/MENTION], [MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION], [MENTION=79]Sabretooth[/MENTION], [MENTION=121]Wang Chung[/MENTION], [MENTION=154]Swinny[/MENTION] can you please vote in this match up

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[MENTION=75]Champagne Charlie[/MENTION]

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I don't want to know for me, a nice song.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Have to go with Dance the night away. The song is stuck in my head now.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler