WP's R-A-M Tournament Round 2 Match 10

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Song You Like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Pompeii covered by Noah Guthrie
This is the fourth single from Bastille's debut album, Bad Blood, which references the Roman city of Pompeii that was destroyed by a volcano in 79AD. "It's a moment of reflection and introspection, but they're trapped in time so it's a moment that'll go on for an eternity," frontman Dan Smith explained to NME.
Here are a couple more songs on our database that reference the ancient catastrophic event:
"Cities In Dust" by Siouxsie and the Banshees
"Vesuvius" by Sufjan Stevens.
And on a lighter note, here's the theme song to Frankie Howard's entendre-strewn '70s sitcom Up Pompeii.
Rare for a hit song, the title never shows up in the lyrics. So why is it called "Pompeii"? Dan Smith told The Daily Telegraph that he was imagining what the dead inhabitants might have to say to one another. "It is essentially about fear of stasis and boredom," he added. "Being quite a shy, self-conscious person, I was afraid my life might get stuck."
Smith explained the song's meaning to The Sun: "Pompeii is actually an imagined conversation between two charred corpses reflecting on the city."

He added: "But that's why I don't like explaining a lot of my songs literally as it sounds bonkers – a song about two corpses yet the crowd are happily dancing along!"
Structurally, this song is fairly standard except for the "ayyyy ay-yo ayo" vocals that make for a killer hook. This chant opens the song, is repeated in the choruses, and is used for a vocal break after the second chorus (about 2:08 in), and also in the fade-out. In lieu of a title, this is the most memorable aspect of the song. With the "ay-yo"s carrying the song, the chorus doesn't come in until :50, which allows Bastille to except the "don't bore us, get to the chorus" rule of songwriting.
Dan Smith was not a professional musician when he wrote this song - he was a bartender and student of English literature. Smith wrote the song in 2010 on a laptop in his bedroom after reading about the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. He didn't think anyone outside of his circle of friends would ever hear the song, but when he posted some tracks online, they got enough attention to earn his band a deal with Virgin Records. "Pompeii" was included on their first album and became their breakout hit.
Despite the song's subject matter, it gets an energetic reaction when performed live. "It's pretty funny to watch people drunkenly jump around to it at festivals," Dan Smith told Rolling Stone.
Bastille got a blast of exposure when they performed this song at numerous high-profile venues, including the Coachella and Glastonbury festivals, and on Saturday Night Live when they were the musical guest on the January 25, 2014 episode.
The members of To Kill a King, a British folk-rock band, provided backing vocals on this song.
Smith told NME that, as of 2013, he's never been to Pompeii, but the band was looking forward to visiting the Pompeii exhibit at the British Museum in Camden, England, where "they have an ashy frozen dog corpse, which I'm looking forward to. And a loaf of bread, a real ancient loaf of Roman bread."
The video was directed by Jesse John Jenkins, who specializes in fashion photography. In the clip, Dan Smith runs through an oddly inhabited Los Angeles, escaping to the desert of Palm Springs.
[YOUTUBE]TxpMf0zQM3Q[/YOUTUBE]

vs

Positive Bleeding by Urge Overkill
Saturation is the fourth album by American alternative rock group Urge Overkill, released in 1993 and produced by the Butcher Bros. Saturation was Urge Overkill's debut on Geffen Records, and a deliberate attempt at a hit record. The label released "Sister Havana" and "Positive Bleeding" as singles in the U.S. and Europe. "Sister Havana" charted highly on both the modern rock and mainstream rock charts, peaking at #6 and #10, respectively, while "Positive Bleeding" became a minor rock radio hit. Total time for CD is 69 minutes 59 seconds.

At the start of "Nite and Grey", a piece of dialogue by McGarrett from Hawaii Five-O is played before the music starts.The quote is from Season 5, Episode 6, titled "Fools Die Twice"..
[YOUTUBE]IidUjTABY2o[/YOUTUBE]

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Positive Bleeding again for me.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Sticking with Pompeii cover.

That really is a great cover by that dude.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He has a ton of great covers on YouTube his name is Noah Guthrie

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I went for Pompeii last time and I'll for it again, a really awesome cover.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Pompeii cover was fun.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[MENTION=79]Sabretooth[/MENTION] [MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] please vote in this poll today sirs

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler