Will WWE regret the brand split?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
WWE has invested a lot into this brand split, and it has shown to work with SmackDown even beating RAW in the ratings. But they've put a lot to invest into this brand split. Multiple new titles, new signings, but will WWE regret this decision if the tables turn and they stop making a profit?

I think, down the line, they'll not be too happy with the amount of money poured in. WWE had this array of talent in 2002, but the talent pool was quickly depleted with 2 years time, and the quality and overall investment was clearly lacking.

They seemed to be disinterested. But their new business model of hiring well-known talents and offering significant benefits with a third brand like NXT. It's kind of a double-edged sword. But I do think there might be some backlash if the investment doesn't pay off too quick, or not pay off at all.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's doing fine now. Smackdown is doing great. Raw is faltering a little but the ratings aren't bad. NXT is also grooming up and coming talents and with the WWE Network turning a profit I think WWE are in good shape for a long time.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
If they do regret it, it will be completely down to their own stupidity. It's clear something needs to be done about Raw and that's up to WWE to do that. I've been watching a lot of Raws and Smackdowns since the Brand Split lately to catch up on what I've missed. Smackdown is miles better as most can tell. For some reason, Raw has a great roster but the entire show seems to center around the same 6 or so people. That's their own booking problem, if they sorted that out than Raw might be better. The overall writing for Raw is just poor as well, they don't seem to give us a reason to care the way Smackdown does.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They're gonna have a significant increase in ad revenue when their USA deal is up, they don't have to worry about anything imo.

We can bitch about booking, that's subjective, we can't critique their business practices because it works.

Drew

Reaction score
The problem is all the other brands and shows they're putting on.

NXT was awesome but now 205? And they're talking about making the U.K. Championship tourney as a possible precursor to its own show too?

Just too much going on. They also need to drop Raw back to 2 hours except for big theme weeks. An Old School Raw once or twice a year. The show after WM maybe. That would help too.

This is what Main Event and SuperStars failed. Just too much content and quite a bit of it wasn't even worth watching.

At least making the mm all their own entities with titles and such does help a bit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOL at acting like we have to watch everything.

They're doing what Disney did with their channel.....They just want content.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

!00% this. I agree that putting shows like Main Event and Superstars on television is a stupid move if no one is gonna watch it, but they lose nothing by adding more content to their WWE Network. They need to entice people to continue to pay for it and they need to net new subscribers. You're not required to watch 205, NXT, CWC, or that new UK show. The great thing about the Network is I don't always watch them live, 'cause I can watch the extra 10 hours whenever I have the time.

Bobby Roode

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
I don't think they'll regret it, but I do think it'll possibly be an issue down the road. They already have too many PPV's as it is and the storylines on RAW are still horrid.

Drew

Reaction score

We don't. But watering down the product is a thing.

Why the hell you so confrontational anyways. Every thing I post is followed by a smart ass post by you.

Keep that shit in your flame thread.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Why the hell you so confrontational anyways. Every thing I post is followed by a smart ass post by you.

It's because he's a fuck head

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

LOL @ getting learned something as being confrontational.

Fact is they want content to fill a network and new content does far better than old shows.

That's just that.

Don't act entitled because it's a burden for you to watch everything.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Show quality aside, I see nothing for WWE to be upset about so far. The main mission was to bring Smackdown up to Raw's level ratings wise, & that's worked. USA wouldn't have wanted live SD if they weren't happy with Raw, no matter what people think of the ratings.

Splitting up the roster has allowed them to spread the star power further, which works for them because they don't want another Cena at this time, & as others have noted, have allowed to them to further increase their content for the Network.

Drew

Reaction score
LOL @ getting learned something as being confrontational.

Fact is they want content to fill a network and new content does far better than old shows.

That's just that.

Don't act entitled because it's a burden for you to watch everything.

The next time you "learn" me on something will be the first.

Once again, keep that smack talk in your stupid flame thread.