Will Kurt Angle go Back to WWE or TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Kurt Angle's contract with TNA expires in approximately 4 and a half hours.

Where do you think he'll end up

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am not sure WWE will sign him unless he gets some legends contract.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I gotta say it would be pretty awesome if he's revealed as Seth Rollin's new opponent

Castiel

Reaction score
I think it's time he moves on from TNA and it seems like he may know that. He's done absolutely everything there is to do there, I don't know if I see him back in WWE at this moment though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well his contract has officially expired. Expect to see him at night of champions

Castiel

Reaction score
Does TNA not have some sort of 90 day thing?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Does TNA not have some sort of 90 day thing?

Probably, but most guys leave because their contracts expire, rather than being released, therefore freeing them to do whatever.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I thought he wasn't cleared to wrestle until at least January of next year? I'd think he'll probably be taking some time off before weighing his options. Honestly don't see the 'E interested in him at all right now.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well the fact that he's not cleared until January Leads to royal rumble speculation.

Swinny

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd mark out for an Angle WWE return for sure, as long as they do it right.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
He's been wanting one final Wrestlemania moment before retiring. This is the perfect opportunity.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I can’t really say who I’m going with yet or what company I’m going to sign with. I am going to sign, but I’m going to just sign for 1 year, and that’s that. I think I’m pretty much done, I’m just going to have the best year I can have. Hopefully it’ll be my best year, then I’m going to retire.

…I don’t plan on doing anything until January, so pretty much my contract will expire, and the next one will start in January. My knee has a lot to do with it, with my rehabilitation I won’t be cleared to wrestle until January. I went with the company that was going to really emphasize what I wanted, and that was a limited wrestling schedule. I would say no more than 40 dates a year, that’s what I wanted, that’s where I feel I am at in my career right now. That’s a lot of the reason, like I said, the company that I’m signing with is a company that really wanted to take care of me, both from a wrestling standpoint and a financial standpoint, and I’m very happy with it.

That certainly sounds like TNA to me. I guess we won't be getting one final Angle moment. (Probably)

After multiple teases and interviews, Angle says that he’ll be holding a press conference soon to finally announce which mystery company he’ll be signing with.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Big Update on Kurt Angle from PWInsider.

As I reported a few days ago in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, Kurt Angle's TNA contract has expired and currently, he is a free agent.
WWE sources indicate that they are in conversations with Angle about a return. One source has claimed that the company offered him a full-time deal (pending Angle passing medical testing) but Angle turned that down, feeling his body would not be able to handle a full-time WWE touring schedule.

Angle has floated the idea of returning to the company part-time and discussions are still ongoing. We are also told that Angle is also more than open to returning to TNA if they can come to terms, feeling that Dixie Carter personally and the company as a whole really helped him while he was dealing with her personal issues in recent years.

Angle debuted as a surprise for TNA in September 2006, several months after being released from WWE several months earlier with the idea that he was retiring as a competitor.