Why Sheamus Won The WWE Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
Credit EWN

The reason WWE officials decided on having Sheamus win the 2012 WWE Royal Rumble match was to throw a curve ball at numerous fans who were expecting Chris Jericho to win. The line Michael Cole used on commentary in which he asked what title Sheamus would challenge for at WrestleMania 28 was designed to make fans believe the storylines were just shaken up big time.

It should also be noted that WWE officials are high on the way Sheamus presents himself backstage and in public. They've had plans to push him hard for the past year or so.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Does this mean Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho?
1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

I wouldn't be too big on Sheamus/Punk. The build up would just be Punk destroying him on the mic for six weeks.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I hate the idea of swerving for the sake of swerving. But Sheamus has been kept strong for a while now, even though they had nothing for him to do, so hopefully that's a show of good faith in him.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I knew it. I knew it. I fucking knew it. I was saying the entire time in the Royal Rumble thread Sheamus just wasn't booked going into this PPV like he was going to be the winner. I called it and I was right, WWE had no plans to have Sheamus win the Royal Rumble. WWE needs to start developing more long term booking plans and stop trying to work the internet. Who cares if they found out you were going to have Jericho win the Rumble. Continue as scheduled. This reminds me of when they killed a perfect return plan to have Christian be the attacker behind all of Jeff Hardy's accidents but changed it last minute to Matt Hardy to fuck with the IWC. Just stop it.