Why can't I rep?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

Reaction score
Removing the rep system was a good decision, imo. At times it was used to circumvent real discussion. Instead of disagree with an aspect of a post, a neg rep was given. That discourages debate, and this decreases activity. It is possible that some new users post more with the intention of gaining rep, but I can't imagine that such motivation would carry into the long-term. In fact, posters of the such would likely move on quickly, posting actively for a couple of weeks before never logging on again.

From now on, if you agree with a post, make your own post stating why you agree with it, and preferably expand upon it. If you disagree, post why you disagree and expand upon it.

Then there was also the issue of immature posters like McFly being legitimately concerned with a neg rep, which is just annoying.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Well at least you don't get infracted for not posting two paragraphs about why you think the poster above you's post was funny.

iamironman

Reaction score
oh yes that is so TRUE i HATE boards that do that!

J...

Reaction score
Removing the rep system was a good decision, imo. At times it was used to circumvent real discussion. Instead of disagree with an aspect of a post, a neg rep was given. That discourages debate, and this decreases activity. It is possible that some new users post more with the intention of gaining rep, but I can't imagine that such motivation would carry into the long-term. In fact, posters of the such would likely move on quickly, posting actively for a couple of weeks before never logging on again.

From now on, if you agree with a post, make your own post stating why you agree with it, and preferably expand upon it. If you disagree, post why you disagree and expand upon it.

Then there was also the issue of immature posters like McFly being legitimately concerned with a neg rep, which is just annoying.

Here Ill help show an example. This posts helps me to relize why people think your so damn smart, instead of hitting a button and typing a word or two we could further contribute to the thread by expanding upon what someone else already said and either showing support or disagreement.

Doesn't mean I agree with rep leaving just taht there's ways to work around it, still sad we had to lose it because a select few.

Kizza

Reaction score
God the members here are absolute smurfs.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
My life has no purpose now.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
FYI everyone last night (about 24hours ago) while I was updating the forum and adding more features in the process I accidentally turned off the rep power. So all the rep in the last 24 hours did not add or take away any rep. That is why it was showing up with a gray box.

...god...

Reaction score
Btw, forgot I sent this to Mike, might as well post it:

Yeah, gl with that. Btw, as far as your rep problem goes, the best solution and most fitting compromise would be to add ONLY a "Thanks" system (the same one as temporarily added before). If you're trying to invoke conversation and don't want members discouraged from posting, as Axis alluded to, then this will be in the best interest as it will appeal to the people who want to be applaused for helpful posts and at the same time won't allow people to harass certain amounts of people, leading them to bitching. Along with the aforementioned reasons, it will prevent people from just posting "Thanks" or "I agree" multiple times in threads (someone also brought this up), which I think is necessary so threads won't be littered with all of that pointless bullshit.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I remember you pm'ed me a message similar to that. I probably viewed it from my phone and failed to reply due to it being my phone. I tried to add the thanks system as well as a shoutbox to the forum, but it will not upload. I am guessing it is my slow internet connection that is interrupting the process.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Btw, forgot I sent this to Mike, might as well post it:

Yeah, gl with that. Btw, as far as your rep problem goes, the best solution and most fitting compromise would be to add ONLY a "Thanks" system (the same one as temporarily added before). If you're trying to invoke conversation and don't want members discouraged from posting, as Axis alluded to, then this will be in the best interest as it will appeal to the people who want to be applaused for helpful posts and at the same time won't allow people to harass certain amounts of people, leading them to bitching. Along with the aforementioned reasons, it will prevent people from just posting "Thanks" or "I agree" multiple times in threads (someone also brought this up), which I think is necessary so threads won't be littered with all of that pointless bullshit.

Or people could just stop crying over red squares.

...god...

Reaction score
Or people could just stop crying over red squares.
I honestly don't care either way, so my suggestion was 100% from Mike's perspective of what I thought the solution he was best looking for.