WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
Thye had tag teams in the OLD ECW. The Dudley Boyz, remember them? The Eliminators? The PitBulls? The Gangstas? The FBI? Mikey and Tajiri?

And would RVD Vs Jerry Lynn be considered Extreme Rules? What are Extreme Rules? How many of these [?] can i put in one thread?

Brutus?

Kool Aid Man

Reaction score
Just like everybody else on this forum, I think the new ecw sucks. the old ecw actually had titles and great matches. The *cough* new *cough* crap ecw doesn't have s h i t!

Spiral

Reaction score
Just like everybody else on this forum, I think the new ecw sucks. the old ecw actually had titles and great matches. The *cough* new *cough* crap ecw doesn't have s h i t!

Yes, why can't ECW just be good as it used to be???

napalm

Reaction score
ECW last show was alright and matches are slowly becoming more consistent which is deffo i good sign. but lashley should drop the beslt and vince should get in some new talent and some new luchas as it lacks original ECW flavour which with WWE money could be sorted our quickly.

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
- Show starts with a recap of the Vince McMahon-Donald Trump saga.

- A steel cage is hoisted over the ring as Joey Styles plugs tonights main event, Bobby Lashley vs. Hardcore Holly for the ECW title.

(1) Wrestlemania Money in the Bank Qualifying match: Sabu vs. Mr. Kennedy. The match is fought under extreme rules. Sabu goes under the ring for a chair and table. Sabu sets up a table on the arena floor, and places Kennedy on it. Sabu flips over a set up chair in the ring, but Kennedy gets up and Sabu dives on him from the top rope. Kennedy hits a DDT on Sabu and pins him to qualify for the Money in the Bank Wrestlemania match.

- Outside in the parking lot, a limo pulls up. It's Vince McMahon, who yells at the driver for arriving late to the arena.

- Tonight: Marcus Cor Von & Kevin Thorn vs. Rob Van Dam and Tommy Dreamer

(2) Balls Mahoney vs. Matt Striker. Mahoney has shaven off his facial hair. Snitsky does a run in to cause a DQ finish. Snitsky lays the boot to Mahoney, thus Striker wins via disqualification. Snitsky then lays out Striker.

- Backstage, McMahon cuts a promo. He admits Trump surprised him by picking Lashley. Vince says that if Lashley doesn't beat Hardcore Holly tonight in five minutes or less, Holly becomes the new ECW world champion.

(3) Kevin Thorn (with Ariel) and Marcus Cor Von (with Elijah Burke) vs. Tommy Dreamer and Rob Vam Dam (with The Sandman). Match starts with a chants of "RVD, RVD." Styles said that Dreamer suffered a dislocated jaw at the hands of the new breed while on tour in New Zealand. The Sandman canned Ariel on the behind. Thorn pinned Van Dam with a dark kiss.

- Backstage, Rebecca interviewed Hardcore Holly. Holly said tonight its his night, because there is no one that can beat him in five minutes. Holly said tonight he'll be ECW World Heavyweight champion. Hmmm, I think he has said that before.

- They showed clips from "Deal or No Deal" featuring Edge, Orton, Cena and Lashley. The show airs this Sunday.

(4) CM Punk vs. Stevie Richards. Punk defeated Richards.

- They showed highlights on last night's Raw when Trump selected Lashley leading to the pull apart and brawl with Umaga.

- Extreme expose with Kelly Kelly, Layla, and Brooke.

- They re-aired Jerry Lawler being announced as the next wrestler to be inducted into WWE's hall of fame next month.

- The cage lowers, leading to...

(5) ECW World Heavyweight title cage match (stip: Lashley must win in five minutes or less): Bobby Lashley vs. Hardcore Holly. Umaga and Lashely trade blows, Lashley throws Holly to the corner and Lashley goes for the spear Holly gets the feet up. Holly goes up top to escape the cage, and Lashley stops him they fight on the turnbuckle and Holly superplexes Lashley off the turnbuckle.

Vince is show at the ramp and waves his hand and out comes Umaga. Umaga walks arround the ring tearing up the announcer table. He then grabs a chair throws it in the ring and Holly picks it up swings and hits Lashely, Holly pins lashley but Lashley kicks out at two. Lashley then gets up and hits Holly with the chair four times. Then gives him the finisher for the 1-2-3. Lashley then runs threw the side of the cage and the cage falls on Umaga. They both lay there and the show goes off air.
-------

Obvious finish or what?

xtremebadass

It should seriously be called WWE ECW, because that's what it is

also thank god they aren't ruining WrestleMania with an ECW title match HORAY!

Skadoo92

Reaction score
yea i agree but i really think later this year ECW will fail

xtremebadass

No, ECW willl keep going, Vince will be in full control, SD sure succeeded, with Vince behind it nothing of his will fail

MJ807

Reaction score
I think this weeks ECW episode was the best I've seen so far from all of the shows that hey have had so far. And I thought that they might be screwed because Heyman got canned but they have been getting better. Maybe Vince was right that Heyman was to blame for ECW being like it was.

Sick Nick

Reaction score
Well seems the only thing that can be garunteed(sp?) is that it will never be the same as the old ECW

X-Pac

Reaction score
ECW was good compared to some of its show. I just didnt like the main event because I cant stand Lashley.

Axis

Let me get this straight. First, they ruin Test's push, but it doesn't matter because they give him the boot anyway. But now they have Lashley squash Holly in just about 4 minutes? ECW has a problem with squash contenders to its title. Now, when Lashley squashes Snitsky, where will he go? Who will be a legit contender to his belt? Absolutely horrid booking.

Wrestling Station

Let me get this straight. First, they ruin Test's push, but it doesn't matter because they give him the boot anyway. But now they have Lashley squash Holly in just about 4 minutes? ECW has a problem with squash contenders to its title. Now, when Lashley squashes Snitsky, where will he go? Who will be a legit contender to his belt? Absolutely horrid booking.

Thats a good point!! i dunno who is booking ECW today! but what he is doing to ECW is totally rubbish.
Paul Heyman had atleast our attention to see the WWECW with his efforts. But now, ECW is going down hill so badly.

MJ807

Reaction score
There was obviously a reason Holly was sqaushed they don't want to put the belt on him because he is not a contender for the title at this moment. Right now there is not going to be an ECW title match in the near future that will actually be good because they are trying to pushe the Umaga Lashley feud and until that is over we won't see a non squash match from Lashley.