WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

3lions

Reaction score
Is it just me or does ECW have the same main events week in, week out? Lashley/Test three weeks in a row, now Lashley/Holly again. Need to freshen things up now and again ...

Lashley

Reaction score
So in the Lashley/Holly match up tonight how do you think Snitsky will interfere and will the result be the same?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Is it just me or does ECW have the same main events week in, week out? Lashley/Test three weeks in a row, now Lashley/Holly again. Need to freshen things up now and again ...

and it's always the same result too. same main event week after week gets tiring after awhile, and there's no PPV to have one final match. They should at least have some specialty match to end the feud.

Lashley

Reaction score
Well they only have an hour show and few superstars, so there isn't much that they do.

Soulpower

The following has been announced for ECW On Sci-Fi tonight.

- Bobby Lashley vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Hardcore Holly for the ECW Title
- CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro in a Money in the Bank Qualifying Match

taify

Reaction score
Kennedy vs Lashley.. could be a good feud with Kennedy working as he is really entertaining...

I think ECW is growing slowly!

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yea that was ****n awesome when CM Punk beat Nitro clean,also even though i missed half of it La Resiantse reunited!The main event was good but worthless and RVD vs Thorn was good.ECWs startin to heat up all we need is more extreme rules matches

Mugen

Reaction score
This was the ECW I was waiting for. It was better than decent. Better then its terrible self in the past few months.

Rob Van Dam vs. Thorn was a great match. I thought WWE would have screwed him over.
CM Punk vs. Nitro was a great match.
La Résistance vs. whatstheirface was meh. Snitsky beating the hell out of whatstheirface was just pathetic. "Hey Snitsky beat up some small guys! What a dominating sight!"....
Hardcore Holly vs. Kennedy vs. Lashley was okay. Though I am getting tired of Lashley being the guy to win EVERY match.....

Overall ECW was good last night and I hope to see it get better.

Soulpower

Kevin Thorn vs RVD was a good match, although the 5-star frog splash pretty much from one side of the ring to the other was incredible.

Nitro vs Punk: I expected a good match and that's exactly what we got, and Punk revealed what I hope is his new finisher.... Go 2 Sleep (doubt he'll call it that) which is a really painful looking move.

Lashley vs Holly vs Kennedy: It was entertaining but I though this was the perfect opportunity to give Kennedy the title without Lashley actually getting the loss... Considering what Lashley's going to be doing at WM, it would have made sense to take the title from him, but Vince's hard-on for big men was just too much.

And of course, there was some crappy stuff...

La Resistance reunites (which is good) but they go against two jobbers and then Snitsky comes out and after destroying the ECW champ and Punk....He goes after two jobbers...that'll get you over (that's sarcasm BTW)

And then there's Extreme Expose... I'll say this, they're hot and that's about it, Kelly can dance and its probably the reason why the camera was on Leyla for the most part, still they could have the Nitro-Punk match longer but instead we get this crap.

All in all it was a good show, good matches but some boring segments that hurt the show a little bit... Thumbs up for this week's ECW.

ChiWa

Reaction score
Kevin Thorn vs RVD was a good match, although the 5-star frog splash pretty much from one side of the ring to the other was incredible.

Nitro vs Punk: I expected a good match and that's exactly what we got, and Punk revealed what I hope is his new finisher.... Go 2 Sleep (doubt he'll call it that) which is a really painful looking move.

Lashley vs Holly vs Kennedy: It was entertaining but I though this was the perfect opportunity to give Kennedy the title without Lashley actually getting the loss... Considering what Lashley's going to be doing at WM, it would have made sense to take the title from him, but Vince's hard-on for big men was just too much.

And of course, there was some crappy stuff...

La Resistance reunites (which is good) but they go against two jobbers and then Snitsky comes out and after destroying the ECW champ and Punk....He goes after two jobbers...that'll get you over (that's sarcasm BTW)

And then there's Extreme Expose... I'll say this, they're hot and that's about it, Kelly can dance and its probably the reason why the camera was on Leyla for the most part, still they could have the Nitro-Punk match longer but instead we get this crap.

All in all it was a good show, good matches but some boring segments that hurt the show a little bit... Thumbs up for this week's ECW.

Christ man, I agree with you far too often.
I didn't think RVD could go that far anymore.
The Go 2 Sleep is KENTA's finsher, I think, I rememeber it from an ROH match, and it looked brutal on that shot.
And ever since they started bringing back tag teams, (Hardy's, MNM, WGTT) I hoped La Resistance would get another run.
I just hope they give ECW some kind of direction instead of almost random crap that lasts 2 weeks, and then disappears.

ven0m

Reaction score
What Happened to Khali....

I would have thought that Khalis intro to ECW would have added some fireworks to ECW......they should have brewed a rampage like the "Umaga" one on RAW.......fueling the rage in most of the ECW guys to step up their game and try and beat the monster.............At the moment.....I feel there is no dominating force to the Extremists to fear and work towards defeating....

Smackdown has Undertaker - Everyones was a shot at taker to make a name for themselves.

Raw has Umaga - God....that guy amazes me

ECW - WHo do u think should be their guy

V

Wrestling Station

^^I think Lashely as he is the Champ? or maybe CM PUNK in the future.
but looking at it today, i cant really see ECW roster as their icon except RVD but RVD has bad relations with Mr McMahon, so also i doubt it to be in this way.

Sick Nick

Reaction score
I hear RVD isn't going to renew his contract either.I haven't watched in a while is Sabu and Sandman still there?