WCW's GOAT Round 1: Randy Savage vs. Mike Rotunda vs. Jushin Liger vs. The Giant

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
12. Randy Savage vs. Mike Rotunda vs. Jushin Liger vs. The Giant

Styles clashes are just so prevalent in this round! The original Super Junior, Jushin Thunder Liger meets up with perhaps the most decorated entertainer of all time in Macho Man, while the man you all know as IRS adds his own interesting dynamic, but not quite as interesting as the seven feet tall factor that The Giant possesses! Who shall pass!?

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Liger by far.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This is easily one of the hardest ones to this point. A case can easily be made for The Giant, who was simply dominant in his initial run and showed a lot of agility for a man his size. The same can be said for Savage, who ignited a fire in WCW like few before him. At the same time, Liger entertained fans like nobody's business and is simply one of the greatest cruiserweight's of all time. That leaves me with Rotunda, a guy who will most likely fall under a lot of people's radar but deserves mention nonetheless. Not only was he a real wrestler, his work during the Varsity Club story remains among the best I've seen from any time period. I'm voting for him, though I don't expect him to win this match.

Mike Rotunda.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Jushing "Thunder" Liger is one of the most recognizable cruiserweights around the world, also he helped establish that division within WCW, so my vote goes to him.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I have been watching wrestling for decades and I cannot remember one Jushin match. Giant and Savage's best work was in the E/F so I am also gonna go with Rotundo cuz I also loved the fuck out of the Varsity Squad angle and he has been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I think Liger is marvelous in his Japanese matches, but he didn't really astonish me in WCW. He helped pioneer the cruiserweight division over there, but he never defined it, by any means. That being said, both The Giant and Savage are best associated with their careers in the 'E (granted Giant was an amazing force upon his debut and Savage was multi-time world Champion), and that is why I choose to vote for Mike Rotunda. He's a spectacular real wrestler, and his time with The Varsity Club warrants his inclusion in the next round.