WCW's GOAT Round 1: Mike Awesome vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Buff Bagwell vs. Vader

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
1. Mike Awesome vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Buff Bagwell vs. Vader

In a battle of true heavyweight harditters, That 70’s Guy clashes with Marcus Alexander Bagwell, Big Van Vader, and the man with the most famous tattoo in the business’ history, Bam Bam Bigelow. The man we know as Vader is the only competitor with a WCW World Title reign to his credit but will the awesome might of one of his challengers be too much for him?

Vote based off of these people’s body of work in WCW alone! Post who you voted for an why, please. Thank you. There will be no polls in the first round, simply because I want you to have to vote for who you want to win through a post, rather than clicking an option and not elaborating!

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Vader for sure. The guy was a beast in WCW and was rewarded for his awesomeness.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ultimate squash.

Vader. His series with Sting alone should make him a favourite to win this entire thing.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Vader easily, his work in WCW puts his competition to shame.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Based on WCW, Awesome is out immediately. Same with Bam Bam unfortunately.

So it's between Vader & Bagwell, and that shit ain't even close. Vader FTW.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
It's Vader Time!!! If Simmons or Luger would have been here... history would have been a little bit different.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
It's Vader Time!!! If Simmons or Luger would have been here... history would have been a little bit different.

What do you mean? Do you mean he wouldn't win this tournament match or that his career would have been different? Because Simmons and Luger were both around during Vader's heyday, and on top of that, I'd still be voting for Vader against either of them. Especially Luger 'cause he pretty much sucks despite what his accomplishments would tell you.

Vader is one of the most feared men in the history of the business and wins my vote for the greatest big man that wrestling has ever seen, with Bigelow coming in at number 2. Both were very agile, very strong, and very charasmatic. However Vader was the face of the company during several short stintsin between reins of dominance from the likes of Sting and Flair and probably the best WCW heel in the mid-90's, period. He's out of this world as far as his skillset goes and it's unbelievable that big ugly grizzly bear from Colorado just like him could be such a great wrestler. Which is why I vote for him.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
it's Vader time...he was a monster....if that was ECW GOAT it would be Awesome though...he was amazing in ECW

Swinny

Reaction score
It's Vader. He was absolutely dominant in early WCW and while Buff may have had the longevity, he certainly didn't achieve what Vader did.