WCW PPV's worth watching

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
As I have lost quite a bit of interest in current wrestling at the moment, I have started watching quite a lot of old wrestling, mainly WCW. I know that a few of you were big WCW fans back in the day and I was hoping you could name some WCW PPV's that were worth watching.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I always tell people to watch Beast Blast 1992. It's a total underrated gem that never seems to get mentioned alongside the great WCW PPV's. Superbrawl II and Wrestlewar 1992 are both great as well. As for NWA, it's hard to beat Great American Bash 1989, one of the best events ever. I'd also check out Wrestlewar '89 and Chi Town Rumble.

Watch some Clash of the Champions from the beginning through to 1993 or so. They're always good for wrestling and storyline progression.

Reaction score
Some off of the top of my head that aren't already said:

- Great American Bash 1988 - 3 great matches, one match so bizarre that it's worth watching once and one Dusty Rhodes match.

- Superbrawl III - 3 matches at 4 stars or higher, some good undercard matches and one Dustin Rhodes match.

- Greed 2001 - WCW finally got good again after years of sucking. 3 really good Cruiserweight matches and one Rhodes' Family match.

- Halloween Havoc 1992 - There's certainly crap on the show, but there's some good undercard matches with Pillman vs Steamboat and a completely bizarre Sting/Roberts match. One awesome Rhodes tag match.

- Starrcade 1983 - The three main matches are all really good. Great promo from Angelo Mosca. One Dusty Rhodes poor production promo.

- Starrcade 1988 - Great Luger/Flair match, good stuff on the undercard and one surprisingly good Dusty Rhodes match.

- Spring Stampede 1994 - Awesome Steamboat/Flair match, Nasty Boys have their best match of their career up to this point and a match in the great Dustin Rhodes vs Stud Stable feud.

If you want to watch Clash of the Champions,

- Clash 1 - is a must see show. 3 great matches, one good undercard match and one Dusty Rhodes mess.

- Clash 9 - The combo of Pillman/Luger and Flair/Funk may be the best one two combo on a free show in wrestling history. WHERE'S DUSTY?!

- Clash 18 - Kip Frey is GOD. Oh and Dustin Rhodes has a good match.

- Clash 2 - The Bushwhackers have a GREAT match!!! Plenty of other good stuff too. Even Dusty Rhodes can't hold back Sting and The Brainbusters from having a good match.

- Clash 19 - The first round of a meaningless tag team tournament had plenty of good matches and rare apperences by future WCW stars like Chris Benoit, Silver King, and Dean Malenko. Dustin Rhodes' first match in a tournament where he shined in.