Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Aleister Black
NXT World Tag Team Champions: Moustache Mountain
NXT Woman's Champion: Shayna Baszler
North America Champion: Adam Cole
United Kingdom Champion: Pete Dunne

NXT Episode 307
July 4th, 2018
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

Dakota Kai vs. Santana Garrett
FUCK YEAH! SG is still here, I didn't know she made it this far into 2018. She got a whole new song too, it's like the female dubstep version of Buddy's theme. A decent showcase for Kai, it really seems like they're gearing up for Kai/Baszler II. SG smartly goes after the arm Shayna destroyed months ago and works it for a bit before the Kai comeback, she hits a series of kicks before hitting an insane flipping backstabber for the win. *3/4

Earlier Today, Heavy Machinery are lifting weights and making steaks at the PC when TM-61 attack Tucker night and run off before Otis can make the save.

NXT Woman's Champion Shayna Baszler comes down to the ring, she says when the dog goes rabid, you put it to sleep and that's what she did to Nikki Cross. People asked the question, and in Chicago, she answered. She's the most dominant force in this division and it doesn't matter how many ways you ask the question. The answer will always be the same. Biance Belair? Kairi? Candice? Little woman should stay home and take care of her husband. She's the reason there is another MAE Young classic this year. But it doesn't matter she will put her and anyone else in her path to sleep.

Backstage: Cathy Kelly interviews Danny Burch, she asks for his thoughts and an update on Oney's eye injury. Burch says takeover was a combined 25 years of hard work, but they came up short and Oney got hurt. He's had the surgery and gonna be out for 3 months. Suddenly, the UE interrupt. Roddy calls him "Burchy" and says even if Oney recovers they will be at the back of the line, Kyle says they' invoking their rematch clause next week. Cole calls him a loser, so Danny says he's pinned him once and will do it again. Cole accepts and laughs as they leave.

BLACK/GARGANO - NXT WORLD TITLE MATCH - 3 WEEKS!

Handicap Match: The Mighty vs. Otis Dozovic
Otis tries to keep this entertaining but TM still sucks, the heel turn has done nothing for them. TM losers win.

On a boat, Bianca Belair has poor Ford videotape her as she cuts a promo on why she should be #1 Contender. I wonder what else is on this videotape :side:

Earlier Today, Kairi talks to the NXT media. She accepts a match with Borne and after she wins she's coming for da title.

The Velveteen Dream vs. Chris Dijack
So this fuckin rules for 5 minutes, Dream does all his drip stuff cause he doesn't take Chris serious at all. It's great but this Chris guy is super impressive with power moves and just throwing Dream around. He hits this awesome vertical suplex where he throws Dream 3/4 across the ring, Dream finally realizes he's in a fight and he begins to get aggressive too, so he brawls with him and tries to keep Chris grounded but DIJACK KILLS HIM WITH A FOREARM AND BOOT for two. They fight on the apron, and Dream sweeps his leg from out under him and Dijack hits headfirst off the steps, he rolls back in at 9 and Dream hits the spinning spike DDT for the win. Good shit. **1/2

After the match, EC3 down to the ring. Dream is pissed but bails from the ring and walks to the back.

Backstage: A camera guy informs Moustache Mountain that they have to defend their tag title next week against the Undisputed Era. Bate says he saw what they had to say, and it's gonna be fun and jokes when they have to listen to them defend themselves. Trent says it wasn't a fluke when they won, they did it at home now to bang them out here in Orlando.

EC3 vs. Johnny Gargano
Gargano is still PISSED about TakeOver so he comes out brawling, and it's great. EC3 keeps trying to slow him down or take breathers but Gargano is all over him, awesome moment EC3 tries to lock a headlock and even yells at him to calm it down, but Gargano just punches him in the face to break the hold. EC3 then realizes Gargano isn't gonna stop, so he uses Gargano's momentum against him and DDT's him on the bad head and neck, he continues to work it for a bit. Weak Gargano selling her, very spotty until he just stops for the comeback. EC3 counters the escape into a sitdown powerbomb for two. They both are slow to get up and sit next to each other kinda like Ciampa and Gargano did, SO GARGANO SNAPS He begins kicking the shit out of EC3 and even exposing the kneepad but he stops before the boot to lock in the escape, but EC3 makes the ropes. But Johnny doesn't break until 4, he does it twice before kneeing EC3 in the head. He then puts EC3 between the ropes and hits the DDT for the win. Anglestuff. **1/2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not signing Santana Garrett is slightly under Tessa Blanchard in bad decisions.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Tag Team Champions: Moustache Mountain

NXT Episode 308
July 11th, 2018

Adam Cole vs. Danny Burch
Real solid match here, they go back and forth early on with Danny getting the better on the mat while Cole dominates the strikes, but Cole shoves him spine first into the ringpost and hits a spinning neckbreaker on the floor to take over. He hits another in the ring and works the neck and spine. He works the chinlock a bunch, Danny isn't much of a seller :( but he does have this tremendous comeback before hitting the Tower of London for two. They go back and forth trading signature moves for near-falls until Cole drills him with a sick superkick, vertical into the neckbreaker over the knee and last shot to the back of the head for the win. **1/2

Earlier Today, Candice talks to a cameraman when she spots Shayna, Shayna tells her to stick to being the little sidekick so Candice slaps the shit out of her. They begin fighting in the parking lot until Steve Corino and others break it up.

Backstage: Cathy is with Dakota Kai, Kai says she heard what Shayna had to say and she is working her way back to get another title shot. Lacey comes over and says nobody cares, Kai would only bring the title down, it needs a woman to be champion. Kai challenges her to a match next week and walks off before Lacey can accept or refuse.

Vanessa Borne vs. Kairi Sane
Decent stuff here, it's obviously a Sane showcase but Borne shows improvement. Gotta believe she's getting that late '19 push after the 2nd call-ups. She gets too cocky and misses the elbow off the middle rope, which allows Sane to make a comeback, she hits all her stuff but then debuts the cross-legged Boston Crab and Borne taps. **1/4

After the match, Sane grabs a mic and says she knows Shayna is strong, but she's beaten her before and going to do it again. She coming for the treasure, the woman's championship.

BREAKING NEWS! Sane vs. Cross vs. Candice vs. Bianca #1 Contenders match next week.

Outside the building, Black Ciampa thinks he's the one that will break the mold and make things different. Gargano comes over with a BLACK EYE and says Ciampa cannot be the NXT Champion. Black walks past him, but Gargano pulls him back and Black tells him to let him handle this and tells him to back off. Gargano then says "He knows exactly what he's doing"

Black then enters the building, But Ciampa attacks him from the side. He spike DDT's him onto the marble floor and walks off waving bye-bye. CIAMPA~!

NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Undisputed Era vs. Moustache Mountain
UE jump the champs before the bell but it backfires on them as the champs stay one step ahead. All 4 brawl onto the floor, Kyle distracts Trent long enough allowing Roddy to drop him knee first onto the steel steps, awesome knee work so brutal with stomps slamming it into the mat and just bending the knee in every direction. They do the awesome false hope tag spot, and you see it coming but I still pop cause it's done so perfectly to where you don't even see Kyle go around the ring to pull Bate off the apron. Trent has some of the best selling I've ever seen from him like he doesn't even stand the whole time cause he's on one leg, he has to drag himself on the mat to even attempt to tag out but can't. Really awesome stuff, he eventually makes the tag and Bate has a wonderful hot tag as EMT's come out to check on Trent. Bate sees his partner down so he quickly hits a Tyler Driver on Roddy but Kyle breaks it up. Trent shoves off the EMT, but Bate refuses to tag out. The numbers catch up to him, and we get this amazing finishing stretch between Roddy, Kyle, and Bate just doing combos for near falls. Bate hits a big forearm to Roody and falls into his corner so Trent tags himself him. He does his stuff but he does it standing in the middle and does it all on one leg. He goes for a torture rack, but the knee gives out and Roddy locks in a nasty konda clutch with the knees tied up like a pretzel. But Bate breaks it up, the ref gets him out and Kyle does the knee drop of death off the middle rope. He follows up with a kneebar. Trent uses his last bit of heart to pull himself to the corner and fight out of it. Kyle does the smart thing of putting himself between Trent and Bate and locks in a sick ass double kneebar...........BUT, BATE THROWS IN THE TOWEL INSTEAD OF BREAKING UP THE HOLD :lmao ***3/4

Amazing match, top TV tag match maybe of all time. But the finish made no sense unless MM used up all their breakup :side:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think the explanation was Bate was past the limit of pin break ups so he couldn't make another save.

Atleast that's what everyone was trying to tell me when I was asking the same thing.

Also.....never saw another tag match adhere to the pin break limit.

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I think the explanation was Bate was past the limit of pin break ups so he couldn't make another save.

Atleast that's what everyone was trying to tell me when I was asking the same thing.

I'm just hoping it gets explained soon, cause that shit was dumb as hell. And it's another case of WWE making up the rules as they see fit.

Reactions: Deezy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Wouldn't that have just resulted in a DQ win for Era so they still retain the belts? Still haven't heard any good logic for the finish but that's probably the best one and it's still dumb af

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Tag Team Champions: Undisputed Era

NXT Episode 309
July 18th, 2018

RIP MASA SAITO

Apparently, the 4-way is now a 3-way, Belair has been taken out. RACIST!

Dakota Kai vs. Lacey Evans
I gotta take it easy on the Lacey hate, she totally ruled here she keeps mocking Kai's shitty kick motions. BUT SHE THEN USES THE TAG ROPE TO TIE UP KAI'S ANKLE IN THE CORNER SO SHE CAN HIT HER BRONCO BUSTER. BRUH! Lacey works the lower-back with the surfboard holds. The only thing I really don't like about Lacey's game is her awful placement of doing random flashy moves and her doing the moves, cause her whole thing is being a woman and classy and not being like these nasty kids so why is she doing the same moves? fuckit. I'll give Liberty Bell a pass for tonight. Kai's comeback is fun, it's the usual kick-heavy stuff I do love her facewashes tho. But Lacey catches her with the woman's right for the win. **1/4

ZXewbJn.gif

After the match, Lacey trash talks the shit out of Kai as she's laid out. Good for her.

Backstage: Cathy talks to Ricochet, he cuts her off and calls UE morons. He says Cole has barely defended his titles, he stole this title from him and he will not stop until he gets a 1on1 match.

So, Belair has not been medically cleared to compete tonight. Damn, Ford blew her back out like that. Good for him.

SP's are playing street ball.

Backstage: EC3 and Kona Reeves get into it, to set up a match soon.

Ciampa/Black video package airs.

Kassius Ohno vs. Rick Ramirez
ROARING ELBOW 20 SECONDS IN FOR THE WIN.

In the back, the Velveteen Dream does his thing.
Triple Threat #1 Contenders Match for the NXT Woman's Championship: Nikki Cross vs. Candice LaRae vs. Kairi Sane
Shayna comes out to do commentary, this is a fairly good time, constant action. Cross was great in this even before the match so she gets happy and giddy when she sees Shayna come out, then waves at her as Shayna makes her way to commentary. Then a couple of minutes into the match she does this grand thing where she blocks the flying elbow in the corner from Sane and trips her up. She then spins her around as she's on the mat and Sane hits her head onto the ringpost. She then blocks a suicide dive by Candie by hooking her face and head under the apron and begins pounding the back of her head into the apron. But, again this is so much fun, all 3 get spotlight offense, all 3 are involved for the most part and it's one of the rare times the crowd being split for all 3 helped. So Sane got a section, Nikki got a section and Candice got a section and everyone seemed to be on their feet the whole match. The match ends when Cross hits Candice with a swinging neckbreaker on the floor taking her out, she goes back into the ring and hits her belly-to-back suplexes. But wastes too much time setting up the swinging neckbreaker which allows Candice to recover and grab her leg to break it up. Candice hits the unprettier followed by the cape 'rana but Sane breaks up the pin with the insane elbow and covers Candice for the win. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 310
July 25th, 2018

Adam Cole vs. Seam Maluta
Cole showcase baybay.

After the match, Cole cuts a promo but Ricochet comes out. He says since joining NXT Cole has had a lot of success but a man who claims he shocks the system, since winning that title has shockingly done nothing but be a coward. Ricochet tells him to prove him wrong with a match, a title match, at Brooklyn again him. Unless he was right about him baybay. Cole says he's right, he's good and won't diminish himself and face him at Brooklyn. Ricochet says that's cool, just proves he's the coward he thought he was. Roddy and Kyle come out......BUT THE WAR RAIDERS ALSO COME OUT. So, UE bail into the crowd......But, Moustache Mountain attacks them from the back and UE bail to the other side of the building.

Backstage: GM Regal has both Kairi and Shayna sign the contract for Brooklyn.

Tenilla Price vs. Lacey Evans
Lacey showcase, and again she really delivers wtf.

Backstage: Some blonde chick I don't who the fuck she is, is with the EST of NXT. She asks how her recovery is going. Belair says it is what it is, she's proven herself. She's UN-DEF-EATED and when she comes back she's taking what's hers.

Backstage: Shayna taunts Candice for her "issues"

NXT World Championship: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Aleister Black
This has a huge fight feel, I find it kinda weird that they didn't once bring up the spike DDT onto the hard floor 2 weeks ago. Or even have it be a factor. Really good feeling out to start, Ciampa keeps going for the arm but Black being the superior technician has counters for everything. So, Ciampa twitches his game it tries to bate Black into a chase so he can hit a spike DDT again but Black doesn't fall for it. Black stays calm and stays one step ahead. Ciampa finally gets some offense going as he has the cape 'rana scouted and shoves Black to the floor, she sends him back first into the rails and steps before doing the sitdown taunt mocking him. Ciampa works the mid-section, lower-back. It's mostly hold based, so the abdominal stretch, Texas cloverleaf, he makes the mistake of going for the air raid crash off the top but Black counters it into a sunset flip and kicks out the knee for separation. Good Black comeback he does the usual combo strikes and stuff, lots of nasty chest kicks. I love that the match is being built around the middle rope spike DDT, even though it's never brought up as I said but both guys sell the struggle to get out of it huge. Black continues to get the better in the strike exchanges and gets some near falls off combos. AWESOME HEAT MOMENT! Ciampa shoves Black into a ring crew worker and that distracts the ref, which allows Ciampa to poke him in the throat with a crutch for a near fall for two. Black recovers and gets the better so he can hit a flip senton dive to the floor, but when he rolls Ciampa in, Ciampa hits the spike DDT for an amazing near fall. He then exposes the floor and he goes for the DDT but Drake younger stops it. They get onto the apron but Black shoves Ciampa into Drake and he takes the bump to the concrete. Black hits Black Mass but NO REF! Ciampa goes to the eyes and grabs the title............BUT GARGANO RUNS DOWN AND DRILLS HIM WITH A SUPERKICK. THEY HAVE A TUG OF WAR, BUT GARGANO ACCIDENTALLY HITS BLACK WITH THE BELT. Ciampa throws Gargano to the floor and hits Black with Angel's Wings for the win. Hell of a match. ****

After the match, the Crowd is heated and we get the vintage "Facial Expressions" Bum ass Izzy has another mental breakdown.

I just realized, tripsgod finally stopped the awful commercials during matches. So now we get all these matches in full. FUCK YEAH!

latest

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Episode 311
August 1st, 2018

RIP NIKOLAI VOLKOFF!

Heavy Machinery vs. The Mighty
Super extended HM showcase, TM does a lot better with their bumping here to make HM look like monsters. TM isolate the arm cause 2018 reason, Otis has no idea what selling is so he just flaps around like a whale out of the water, Tucker isn't really the hot tag guy, but I do like when tag teams switch roles sometimes. The match breaks down, the Street Profits music hits and that distracts TM long enough for HM hit the double splash for the win. *3/4

Moustache Mountain vs. Brandon Taylor & Matt Knox
Showcase for the former tag champs.

After the match, Trent says he's back to full strength and the last time they were here it didn't go down as they thought. Trent says he spoke to Mr. Regal. Bate says deez UE boyz tried to tear us apart, and yeah he threw in the towel but Trent's health means the world to him. Get this yeah, there on a mission to get back the tag titles and want a rematch at Brooklyn.

EC3 vs. Kona Reeves
The battle of two of the illest themes in NXT right now. Kona is now up to 5 fake gold chains if he's not careful his whole chest is gonna turn green. They try to do some mat wrestling, it's neither's strong suit so it comes off trash, but they playoff EC3 being the more experienced of the two so he stays about 2 steps ahead. But, Kona pokes him in the throat and kicks him in the head to take over. Kona works the cobra clutch to which Nigel calls it the Kona Clutch :lmao That's about all he does before EC3 makes the comeback, he sets him up for the 1% but the Velveteen Dream's music hits and he comes out onto the stage, Dream says someone in the building still can't get over the Albert Hall. And if EC3 wants to talk about meet him in his world. That distraction allows Kona to sneak in his shitty Hawaii drop but EC3 kicks out, Kona begins trash talking him so EC3 hits the 1% for the win. **

Backstage: EC3 says he just beat the finest and now he will play the Dreams' game. And after that covo, they will fight.

Candice LeRae vs. Shayna Baszler
Shayna taunts her early by holding the ropes so Candice can just leave, but Candice dropkicks her through the ropes to start the match. Candice uses her speed early but it backfires when she tries to run the ropes and Shayna drops her mid-section first over the top rope, she follows up by throwing her into the steps but Candice makes it back in at mine. Fucking brutal arm and wrist work by Shayna she shits on 99.9% of the whole roster that works arms like it's not even close and everyone but her and Dunne should never work the arm again. She does the cruel arm stomp and locks in this grinding wristlock, but Candice fights out and uses the stick and move strikes. Awesome selling too as she holds the arm close to her body the whole time, doesn't use it to punch or even climb the ropes. Good shit. She hits a suicide dive to the floor and follows up with a tornado DDT back into the ring for two, her arm starts to bother her again which allows Shayna to cut her off as she goes for a move off the top, they then redo the Mae Young classic spot with Shayna blocking the Moustache ride into the choke, but shit time Candice makes it to the ropes. Candice hits the unprettier, but misses the cape 'rana and Shayna chokes her out. Awesome chemistry these two have. **3/4

After the match, Shayna again locks in the choke until refs pull her off. Kairi runs out but refs get between them. Sane makes the mistake of turning her back to Shayna so Shayna mockingly kicks her in the back which pisses Sane off so Shayna leaves.

Backstage: GM Regal books EC3 vs. Dream & Cole vs. Ricochet for Brooklyn.

Keith Lee DEBUTS next week.

THE NXT WORLD CHAMPION CIAMPA MAKES HIS WAY DOWN TO THE RING! He grabs a mic and begins talking to the title :mark: He says this is HIS NXT NOW! He said all he needed was one match, one opportunity and he's a man of his word. He says he looks so good with this title, he deserves it and asks the fans to enjoy this. He has now taken his rightful place at the head of the table, he then goes over to the grandma that taunted him before :mark: He then puts the title in her face :lmao He says the icing on the cake is, not only did he beat Black but Gargano also proved he is a failer. He says Black and Gargano are two of the top talents in the world, but he beat them both. So now they can argue about who is 2A and 2B. While he stays in the main event and continues to be untouchable. This is proof that NXT is the A-Show and he is the top wrestler, he said sports entertainer but NAW! Black's music hits.....................BUT GARGANO RUNS PAST HIM AND BRAWLS WITH CIAMPA! He runs Ciampa off and Gargano grabs the mic, he says the only reason Ciampa is champion is because of him. He then turns around and Black drops him with Black Mass for revenge. Crowd chant "you deserve it," Black says he's right, the only reason he's champ is because of him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That ending segment got me so hyped when I first saw it

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The “you deserve it” chants were something I never thought Gargano would have gotten in that situation

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The only time I ever like those chants are when they're ironically. But man the seeds for his heel turn were set so early

Reactions: Cwalker

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 312
August 8th, 2018

Pretty Awesome Black/Ciampa/Gargano video package airs.

Amber Nova vs. Nikki Cross
Amber is pretty much a Nikki Bella clone, that's a lie she's Nikki before she got the enhancements and started doing squats. But her gimmick is she knows how to change the oil in her car. Basic stuff it more about showing what Amber has than Nikki showcase, Cross hits the swinging fisherman neckbreaker for the win.

KEITH LEE TONIGHT!

Ricochet's music hits...........BUT INSTEAD, THE UE drags out an unconscious Ricochet onto the stage. Cole says, coward? But he lays her battered and beaten, while he stands tall the one and only North American champion. And after he mangles him in Brooklyn that will be Undisputed.

Backstage: Vanessa Borne says her gameplan tonight is to win, she says the Mae Young Classic is all about the most immaculate performers and how can that be if she's not in it. So tonight she takes the final spot in the tournament.

Adrian Jauode vs. Kassius OhNo
Jauode is bald Ryu, Ohno is baffled to start so Ryu takes him down, but all that does is piss ohno off so he kicks his fucking head off with about 8 boots before hitting the deathblow elbow for the win.

This hilarious segment airs of Drean and EC3 at a pool, it ends up with EC3 dumping Dream in the floor he acts like he's drowning but EC3 him it's only feet deep:lmao

Marcel Barthel vs. Keith Lee
Marcel is a German warrior that screams NINE! after every strike or move. I've never seen a Lee match I stopped watching the indies about his rise, so from here on out all the new guys and girls coming in are all brand new to me. Lee is solid, I find it hilarious that the crowd pop for him doing a leapfrog like its an SSP or something. He's a big hitter so I guess he'll fit in with today's NXT. Lee hits the pounce PERIOD! And finishers him off with the AA into a Jackhammer for the win. **

Sreet Profits make jokes about TM being trash.

Qualifying match for the Mae Young Classic: Vanessa Borne vs. Taynara Conti
Conti got a new UK grime music :lmao This is shockingly enjoyable for two girls that are not the most experienced, or have had no interactions with one another, but they sure bring the intensity and dislike for another which is great. Conti has to play the tweener/face role by default and the fact that Borne is the one getting the rub. Speaking or rubs deez asses and thigh meat out :mark: It has some sloppy moments but Conti picks up the upset with a tilt-a-whirl into a flatliner for the win. *3/4

NEXT WEEK: BATE/RODDY

Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano
3-minute angle match, they go right into the big strikes and exchanges. I love that Gargano holds his jaw the whole time still selling the Blck Mass from last week. They do the double KO spot, which leads to Ciampa running down and attacking both men for the no contest.

They all begin fighting until refs break it up, GM Regal comes out and books a Triple Threat for Brooklyn.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 313
August 15th, 2018

RIP JIM "THE ANVIL" NEIDHART!

WWE.COM EXCLUSIVE! IN THE PARKING LOT, BLACK HAS BEEN LAID OUT!

Black has been removed from the from TakeOver so now it's Gargano/Ciampa III Last Man Standing.

The Street Profits vs. The Mighty
Standard tag stuff here, not bad but it's just okay. TM do their heel stuff for a bit, Ford has a fun hot tag. Ford then hooks the tights for revenge and SP gets the win.

In the back, the Undisputed Era cut one of their promo with their music playing in the background.

Kairi Sane vs. Aliyah
No joke, I think Aliyah got yet another song. This is getting ridiculous now, and she's back to being a heel so good for her. Typical Sane showcase, she hits 3 insane elbows but pulls her up at 2 to lock in the cross-legged Boston crab for the win.

Cole/Ricochet hype video airs.

The Velveteen Dream come down to the ring, in full 1996 Scott Hall denim swagger. He says it's funny you cheer for the Dream, EC3 is so funny, smart and charming. Dream says just like all of the fans EC3 had the Dreams curiosity, but now he's got something I don't think he wanted. He's got his attention and made an enemy out of the Dream, and at Brooklyn, it will be DREAM OVER! EC3's music hits and he comes down to the ring. He asks is this what it sounds like when doves cry? SICK FANNY PACK BY THE WAY! He says he knows what he's trying to do, but don't you can't get into his head cause he's the one that does the living in heads. The time for talking is done, and it's time to fight. Dream cuts him off as he says victory x4. Dream says EC won't be laughing or raising his hand in Brooklyn, EC3 takes off his jacket and says they don't need to wait for Brooklyn. DREAM TAKES OFF THE FANNY PACK :mark: and the denim vest, he throws it into EC3 and cheapshot him but EC3 turns it around and hits the 1%.

Ciampa/Gargano III Video package airs.

Tyler Bate (w/Trent7) vs. Roderick Strong (w/The Undisputed Era)
Gets 7-8 minutes and totally rules, they skip all the feeling out and go right into beat the tar out of one another. Roody works the lower back after a backbreaker. Roddy does roddy things, combo moves, backbreakers, and chops. Sadly he doesn't really sell at all. Bate has a great comeback he's really improved his punches, like the bop/bang punch always looked great but now his regular strikes look good. Standing running SSP gets two, he then blocks the Gibson driver into a 'rana for two. Bate then goes for his Tyler Driver but Roddy counters it and turns it into the stronghold attempt but Bate rolls through for two. They trade big strikes and combos for near falls until Bate lands on his feet out of the end of heartache attempt, he then blocks the backbreaker into a crucifix pin for two and follows up with the rebound lariat for two. Dive to the floor sets up the Tyler Driver but Kyle distracts him, that allows Trent to attack him but Roddy takes him out with the wrecking ball kick. Bate then hits the Tyler Driver '97 and covers for the win. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

N1yiAfz.png

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV
August 18th, 2018
Barclays Center: Brooklyn, New York

NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Undisputed Era vs. Moustache Mountain
Awesome start with UE faking out Kyle attacking Trent from behind allowing Roddy to attack him from behind, they briefly double team Trent in the corner but MM get the upper hand and control for a bit. But Roddy hits a sick backbreaker and that allows UE to get the upper hand back, they briefly work the back but Trent fights back and does his fake out chop into a DDT before tagging out to Bate. Usual awesome Bate hot tag, he shows he sneaky strength taking out both Kyle and Roddy. But the numbers catch up to him and Roddy drills him with a lariat, which allows UE to get a 2nd heat segment. This time they isolate Bate and just beat the shit out of him, tons of double teams and strikes. Kinda all over the place, but I blame Kyle for that. At first, he works over the arm, then the chest now it's the leg. Roddy being a team player goes along with whatever. FUCK YEAH! They do the false hope tag spot again, but sadly the camera match records Kyle crawling around ringside so it doesn't have the same effect as the TV match. He also misses Trent finally getting the tag too. Awesome Trent hot tag, he dumps Kyle and Roddy around with power moves. The match eventually breaks down, we get a double submission spot from UE with Roddy locking in the stronghold to Trent while Kyle has the triangle to Bate, but Bate powerbombs him into Roddy to break it up. Bate gets his 2nd wind and goes on an insane run of offense. Man, that kid is nice. He hits the Tyle Driver '97 but Roddy kicks out. Behind the refs back, Kyle wraps Bate's ankle around the ring post and Roody throws him ankle first into the top turnbuckle before tagging Kyle back in who locks in the heel hook that took Trent out. Apparently, MM is out of breakups cause Trent picks up a towel he teases it.....BUT INSTEAD THROWS IT INTO THE CROWD! Bate somehow drags Kyle to his corner allowing Trent to get his 2nd hot tag, but he makes the mistake of tagging Bate in again too quickly. Granted they hit the Burning Hammer/Knee drop double team but Kyle kicks out. They now go for the half and half/lariat but Roddy knees Bate taking him out and UE hit TOTAL ELIMINATION for the win. Great fucking match again, Overall this is a far better match, but for my personal enjoymen I like the first one more due to the leg storytelling. ****

After the match; Kyle and Roddy celebrate but WAR RAIDERS ATTACK THEM FROM BEHIND!

The Velveteen Dream vs. EC3
Dream has the Biggy get up tonight, so he's wearing a crown. Coogi body warmer, and on his pants, he has "Notorious Dream" airbrushed down on the side and "Call me up Vince" on his ass. EC3 uses the power advantage early and manhandles Dream for a bit. Fuckin' Dream on some Mr. Perfect shit early on he does all the hilarious overbumping. EC3 gets too cocky and drags Dream to the ramp for a suplex but Dream turns it around and hits the spinning spike DDT onto the steel. Dream has a solid control working the neck, and upperbody for a bit. It does kinda get dull in the middle and Dream's control begins to drag like he doesn't ever shift it into another great. He does have a good hate bit when he throws water back in EC3's face for revenge for the pool but it just leads to the EC3 comeback. The front Bulldog move, I always forget the name gets two. The dream continues to provoke EC3 and it works as EC3 lets his anger get the better of him. They trade near-falls until Dream hits THE DVD BOMB ON THE APRON, AND HITS THE PURPLE RAIN MAKER TO EC3 WHO IS STILL ON THE APRON. He quickly rolls EC3 into the ring and covers for the win. **3/4

Matt Riddle is in the crowd.

NXT North American Championship: Ricochet vs. Adam Cole
Really good mat wrestling to start, like some exceptional back and forth stuff. They build it around Cole using the side-headlock and being the better mat wrestler of the two, he keeps Ricochet restricted but you can only keep some the caliber of Ricochet down for so long before. Ricochet does his fake out superhero landing dive, so Cole shoves him off the top with his back hitting the ring apron. Love the match being built around Cole's trashing talking him constantly saying Ricochet isn't special, and with Cole's big match counters, each one being more doper than the last. Ricochet puts on one of the better spot based matches since prime Rey. All his dives and high spots are crisp and look beautiful. Speaking of counters, Cole blocking the handstand springing back elbow into a backstabber fucking rules. Ricochet has the springboard superkick counted so he grabs Cole's boot on his landing, but he makes the mistake of going for the cape'rana AND COLE SUPERKICKS HIM OUT OF MID-AIR. I know they've done that spot before in PWG but it still rules. BRUH! They just traded big one shot strikes for like a minute, with Ricochet getting the big kick but Cole falls on top for two. He then avoids the last shot and hits a reverse spike 'rana but as Ricochet heads up top. Cole rolls to the apron. BUT RICOCHET HITS A MOTHERFUCKING LEAPING 'RANA TO THE FLOOR AND HITS THE 630 FOR THE WIN. Not mindblowing like the internet said it was, but really fucking dope and enjoyable. ***1/2

Bk0x4eS.gif
IBObMIO.gif
JZ6eEDb.gif

NXT Woman's Championship: Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler
They open the match trading submission attempts before trading strikes, Nigel makes a good point where it's the first time we've seen Shayna really lose focus and let her emotions get the better, and it backfires as Sane goes on the offense early but Shayna dropkicks Sane's leg from out under her and goes to work. It's Shayna working a body part so it's amazing, violent, brutal, nasty. She does the ankle stomp and WOW! I think Shayna has now moved into my 2nd favorite female wrestler of all time. The sad part is Sane is a top 2 all time none seller. Like fam she limps for all of two seconds before hitting all her stuff and running around the ring like shit was light work. She's the female Seth I'm convinced. Shayna fights back and hits a gut-wrench suplex off the top, but she's too worn down to cover. They trade strikes, but Shayna kicks out the leg and hits the awesome double knee to the jaw for two. But Sane comes back with the interceptor spear, she then follows up with the insane elbow to the lower back. She makes the mistake of going for it again, but Shayna rolls to the floor but Sane hits a crossbody to the floor. Back in Sane hits a 2nd insane elbow but Shayna kicks out. Sane tries for the double ankle crossed Boston crab, but Shayna pops her hips and turns it into the choke :mark: But Sane makes it to the ropes, so Shayan goes back to the ankle with the heel hook, but it gets counted into a deathlock move but Shayna makes the ropes so Sane locks it on over the ropes. Alabama Slam connects but SHANYA GETS THE BOOTS UP TO BLOCK THE 3RD ELBOW. She again goes for the choke but Sane does the Bret/Austin, Bret/Piper roll up for the win. If Sane learned how to sell this would be a top 5 woman's match in NXT history. ***

HjbFSuQ.gif

NXT UK COMING SOON!

Last Man Standing Match for the NXT World Championship: Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Gargano is pissed so he attacks the champ before the bell, they do their usual awesome hate filled brawling. They know one another so well so they add these little dope sequences and reversals before the big bump happens. Gargano exposes the concrete early, but Ciampa goes to the eyes to stop anything from happening. Nigel yelling "HOLY SHIT" as Gargano throws Ciampa over the desk onto Percy was great, he got it last TakeOver so he knew to move asap. They brawl on the table. BUT CIAMPA HITS THE AIR RAID CRASH THROUGH THE SPANISH TABLE! But Gargano is up at 7. Awesome Ciampa control as he keeps kneeing Johnny in the head with the knee brace but he gets too cocky and tries to use the chair but Gargano throws the chair into the bad knee and begins using it as a weapon. He goes for the lawn dart into the chair, but Ciampa slides out and locks in a sleeper. Awesome heel antics, Ciampa uses the ropes to leverage, he keeps the hold on for a while to kill time but it's also smart kayfabe wise. He goes for the elevated million dollar Dream but Johnny lawn darts him into the chair, but Ciampa is up at 6. He pulls a table out and places it over the exposed concrete. He then takes a 2nd out and places it upside down to the tables are making an "H" shape. Match drags a little in the middle, but that's because they have to do the count spots. Plus this gets 33 minutes, Ciampa hits 3 project Ciampas powerbackstabbers but Gargano makes it to his feet and superkicks Ciampa out of desperation. They then do their run of big strike/big moves it's not as awesome or clean as the Ricochet/Cole one tho. They fight on the floor again and Ciampa hits the fair tail ending on the steps but Gargano falls onto the barricades at 9 which keeps him up. Ciampa then pulls out a toolbox again and begins to expose the ring wood again. BUT JOHNNY BUSTS OUT THE GOOD OL FIRE EXTINGUISHER SPOT! Johnny grabs a crutch and begins beating Ciampa with it. They fight to where the tables are set up and tease that again. BUT GARGANO HITS THE SLINGSHOT DDT ONTO THE EXPOSED WOOD! But Ciampa uses the ropes and rolls to the floor at 9. They begin fighting on the floor by the announce tables again, and Gargano accidentally superkicks a ring crew. BUT CIAMPA SLAMS HIS HEAD FLUSH INTO ONE OF THE EDGES OF THE TV MONITORS. HE THEN FOLLOWS UP WITH THE RUNNING KNEE WITH CHAIR ASSISTANCE BREAKING THE BARRICADES. Ciampa then throws everything his can chairs, the ring crew guy whatever on top of Johnny to bury him :lmao but Gargano is up at 9. Ciampa buts out the handcuffs and tries to handcuff Gargano under the post but Johnny fights him off, he also tries to use them but can't. They fight over the H tables again...................AND GARGANO SUPERKICKS HIM THROUGH THE TABLES. BUT CIAMPA USES THE CRUTCH TO PICK HIMSELF UP HAHAHAHAHA YES! AMAZING! Gargano has one of his astounding facial expressions like fine, he knows he really has to kill him now. They fight onto the apron, and they redo the TURN! But this time it's Gargano doing the throwing into the tron. HE THEN HANDCUFFS CIAMPA INTO PART OF THE SET AND JOHNNY SNAPS! Ciampa tries to weasel his way out by apologizing but Gargano is all the way gone and keeps superkicking him. JOHNNY THE EXPOSES HIS KNEE AND HITS THE RUNNING KNEE BUT WHIPS HIMSELF OUT AS HE GOES TUMBLING OVER THE STAGE TO THE FLOOR. Gargano hurts his knee so he can't stand but Ciampa rolls off the stage and the handcuff is the thing that holds him up and he beats the 10 count. I get the finish, but I do find it hard to believe that bump by Johnny was the one to take him out, Mauro tries to save it by saying maybe Johnny dislocated his knee so that's the reason he couldn't stand. Not as amazing as the other two, but a damn good match in the trilogy. ***3/4

Lj9E3Cd.gif
hfg4r21.gif

We then get this awesome shot, as Gargano is being tended to on the ramp. CIAMPA!

TnGAhLJ.gif