Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Aleister Black
NXT World Tag Team Champions: Undisputed Era
NXT Woman's Champion: Shayna Baszler
North America Champion: Adam Cole
United Kingdom Champion: Pete Dunne

NXT Episode 301
May 23rd, 2018
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

Heavy Machinery vs. TM-61
This is a thing, pretty much to highlight TM's slowly morphing into heel. But sadly, they don't do anything really impressive. They don't overbump and die on everything after getting their assed kicked for the first 3-4 minutes of the match. Same usual control, really boring they do get a little stiffer in strikes but still pretty meh. Otis' gets the hot tag and cleans house, he does the caterpillar elbow for two. The match breaks down, TM does the roll up with the feet on the ropes again for the win. *1/2

Bianca Belair video package airs.

Kairi Sane vs. Lacey Evans
This is shockingly great like it's Lacey's best showing to date. Sane takes the fight early and goes to end it, but Lacey uses a mule kick to stop her momentum. She locks in a chin lock for a bit, before dropping a knee on Sane’s arm and targetting that. But it's sane so lol. Decent arm stuff, but with the theme of 2018 being arm work it's really poor. Sane had a nice comeback after hitting the Interceptor Spear. Sliding D connects, but Evans rolls outside to avoid further damage. However, Sane hits the diving forearm off the steel steps. She sends Evans in and climbs up, but leaps into the Women’s Right forearm and Lacey covers for the upset win. **3/4

Backstage: Cathy is outside the building and spots Candice and Gargano who is in a neck brace. He says he's seen better days, he's gonna go to the ring and tell the world his decision for the future.

Last Week, some new broad interviews Danny and Oney after last weeks win. They say they deserve a tag title match now. They beat them once and will do so again but this time for the belts.

Backstage: The UE cut a promo on Danny and Oney. Roddy challenges Mr. #2 aka Danny Burch next week.

Handicap Match: Lars Sullivan vs. Ricochet & The Velveteen Dream
Lars easily controls them both when they try to go 1on1 with him, but find success when they team up. Awesome double teams and they show off their shockingly good chemistry. They end up not giving a fuck about the 5 count and just both stay in the ring, but it doesn't matter LARZ kills Dream with a huge lariat and isolates him. Ricochet finally has enough and suckers Lars into a cat and mouse chase, to give Dream time to recover and crawl to his corner for the tag. Awesome breakdown with Team Ricoteen amping up their double teams, Dream hits a senton and Ricochet hits a 450. BUT DREAM TURNS ON HIM AND HITS THE DVDBOMB! Dream leaves allowing Lars to recover and hit the freak accident to win. RIP The best tag team that never was. **3/4

Backstage: Cathy interviews Dakota Kai on her Woman's title match next week. Kai says she has dreamt about this moment her entire life, but at the same time, it's against Shayna a woman she let her bully her and get in her head. Shayna comes over and says she can say a whole lot when she's not around. She says Kai doesn't stand a chance.....BUT KAI RESPONDS "WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT" And leaves as Shayna is confused at Dakota’s show of bravery.

Mr. and Mrs. Wrestling come down to the ring, he says the last time he walked out here was for a title match. But the bell didn't ring and he left on a stretcher. Every morning when he wakes up and struggles to get out of bead, his body reminds him of that day. His body reminds him of a knee to the head into the LED board and being driven off the stage through a table. He’s wrestled his whole life, but he spoke with Candice and realized it’s time to start thinking about their future. He needs to ask himself is it worth it? With the injuries adding up and the toll it's taking on family, friends and his wife, is it worth it? The fans chant “yes.” Johnny agrees and rips off the neck brace. Candice tries calming him down, as he demands Ciampa come out so they can finish this. Ciampa comes out to the stage and Candice runs to the back through the crowd. Ciampa calls him "boy" and says that he will finish this if Johnny’s still in the ring when he gets there. Candice returns with officials who hold Johnny back. Gargano tries running around them but it held back. Candice finally gets to him, telling him to think about his future. Ciampa stands in the ring holding the neck brace. He taunts Johnny and tells him to be a good boy and listen to his wife. Johnny hops on the apron and Ciampa knocks him off. He falls onto Candice, knocking her out. Johnny and officials check on her, as Ciampa bails through the crowd to end the show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 302
May 30th, 2018

Video Package on the feud between Gargano/Ciampa airs, Mauro does a voiceover for it and announces a Chicago Street Fight for the next TakeOver in Chicago.

NXT World Champion Aleister Black comes down to the ring, he says ever since winning the NXT title, it's been a trip, life-changing. He only needs one shot to make his opponent fade to black. LARZ comes out, he says the dispute is over, per GM Regal HE will be the challenger. Lars says Black says it only takes one shot to make his opponents fade to black and he will give him credit, he's done it all over the world for 16 years. And he is now the NXT champion. But he's never faced anyone like him because there is nobody like him. He can't ignore reality, in Chicago, he will take everything he's ever fought for and will become the new champion. And you know you can't do anything about it. Lars grabs him but the throat but Black fights him off, he goes for BLACK MASS! But Lars grabs the boot and counters it into the Freak Accident. Lars picks up the title and poses with it before throwing it down and leaving.

War Raiders vs. Cody Vincent & George Hixton
Another glorious squash.

Backstage: Cathy asks Lacey for her thoughts on the rubber match with Kairi next week, Lacey says she will do whatever it takes to win. She has the woman's right with Kairi's name on it.

EC3 vs. Fabian Aichner
Super short, during the match, Gargano comes out with the contract and signs it making the street fight in Chicago official He puts it on the commentary table and leaves. EC then hits the 1%er for the win.

Who is Bianca Belair airs, she says ever since she was a child she has been gifted. Things have come easy to her, she has been the EST from the start. Her great grandad was the first African-American election in North Carolina. Her grandad has a masters in Organic Chemistry and a PHD in Biochemistry. So she has a certain level she has to reach, she wants to create her own history. She played every sport but did the bare minimum just to pass and not stand out. She says the only way to get to college was on an athletic scholarship and she did and got a full ride. After college, she went back to being mediocre, until she found CrossFit. And from that she found NXT. She says this is her calling, she learned from ground zero and is better than everyone. She sees the looks and isn't afraid to tell all the other girls she's better. She's no longer lowering her skills, NXT has pushed her to be the best and she is here to shine.

Ricochet vs. Chris Dijak
Solid Rico showcase, Chris has about 2 good power moves but he's still super green. 630 ends it.

Ricochet says so the Dream likes the spotlight, and as much as he hates to admit it. He deserves it, Dream has been one of the most entertaining superstars to ever be in NXT. But here's the thing when the spotlight is on you it shows how good you really are, but it also shows your flaws. Last Week sure the spotlight was on you when you attacked me, but it also showed how much of a punk you are. Dream interrupts, He says "PUNK" Okay that's fair because tonight is his spotlight. Last week was there's. And he showed last week whatever he can do, The Dream can do better. Ricochet says the only thing he sees it Dream at the top of the ramp looking like a coward. He challenges Dream to take the spotlight from him now. Dream comes down to ringside but thinks better. He says as epic as it would be, but the Dream can think of 1 spotlight bigger enough for the both of them and that's in Chicago. Oh and when that spotlight hits his beautiful face he will truly know whatever Ricochet can do The Dream can do better.

THEN THE GIF HAPPENS

rO4pF3P.gif

Ricochet says show me, as Dream walks off startled.

NXT Woman's Championship: Dakota Kai vs. Shayna Baszler
Amazing Squash/Angle/Story stuff, it's like that first fight in the movies when the Bully beats the shit out of the hero for the 2nd time but even worse than the first and it sends the hero away to recover and find themselves. Brutal knee/ankle work by Shayna which is super smart take away Kai's only weapon. Super violent with stomps and holds, and to credit Kai her selling is amazing some of the best selling all year. She locks in the ankle lock, Kai gets to the ropes the first time but Shayna pulls it back and applies it again. This time Kai kicks out of it, she finally stands up for herself and hits the big running kick but gets too flashy and Shayna chokes her out for the win. I can't wait for the blowoff TakeOver match down the line when Kai breaks free and overcomes her free and wins the title. **3/4

After the match, Nikki Cross runs out and makes the save. She challenges Shayna but Shayna leaves with her title. BUT CROSS STEALS THE TITLE! Cross challenges her to a match right now, with Kai as the ref. The bell never rings as Cross hits the spinning neckbreaker and Kai counts the 3. Cross celebrates with the title to end the show.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
That was such an awesome moment. I had the same reaction as Dream

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've enjoyed Ricochet way more than I thought I would in NXT, not that I even had too low of expectations. Still don't think he'll really do much on the main roster, probably gonna go the way of Neville, but I'm looking forward to the rest of his NXT run for sure

Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Someone brought it to my attention recently and I never thought of it, he’s probably gonna be the one to take the belt off Ciampa

He’s probably 205 bound when he gets called up but he’s been fun this past year

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ricochet is making too mch to be put on 205 Live....unless that title is going back to being shown on Raw.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 303
June 6th, 2018

Shayna comes out to open the show, she has her belt back. She says it doesn't matter how brave you think you are standing up to me. I'm tougher, stronger and better. The strong will always defeat the weak. But there's always gotta be one. One person in the group that thinks the law doesn't apply to them. Nikki Cross. If you ever get in my face again, it will be the last thing you do. Cross' music hits and she comes down to the ring, Shayna says if she ever pulls a stunt like that again, she is the woman's champion and the only place she is better than her in, is in her whacked out brain. She calls Nikki crazy and says she will put her to sleep in a heartbeat. Nikki says DO IT! Like 25 times, Shayna tries to taunt with the belt but Nikki fakes her out and laughs at her before actually attacking her for real. Nikki gets the better during the fight, but Nikki makes the mistake of going for the title so Shayna decks her, she throws her out but Nikki recovers and hits a crossbody off the top and Shayna retreats to the floor.

TM-61 vs. Mike Hughley & Robbie Grand
A showcase for TM to show off their new aggressive mean streak. Lariat to the back of the head ends it. Post-Match, TM talk about how they're the best tag in NXT :lmao

Earlier this week, LARZ BEAT UP TRAINEES AT THE PC.

Roderick Strong vs. Danny Burch
Goes about 6 minutes but goes hard, awesome mat wrestling to start Roddy is overconfident so he doesn't take him seriously at all and it backfires as Burch gets the better on the mat. But Roddy finds the opening as Danny tries to re-enter the ring and kicks him in the chest to take over, dope dick roddy offense so he goes after the face and chops the shit out of Danny. He doesn't pick a body part, more just beat up Danny's body for fun. He tries to lock in the abdominal stretch but Danny breaks free and makes a comeback. He hits a dropkick off the middle rope and follows up with a German and lariat, but Cole and Kyle run out. But Dunne and Oney meet them on the floor, all 4 brawls on the floor. Back in the ring, Danny locks in a crossface but Cole distracts him allowing Roddy to hit a backbreaker and rolls him up for the win. **3/4

After the match, Dunne attacks Roddy in the ring, he goes to hit the bitter end but Kyle takes the knee out by hitting it with one of the tag titles. Roddy then hits the end of heartache and the UE leave standing tall.

Backstage: Ohno is taking some promo pics when EC3 comes over and asks why they're taking pics of Ohno? He says Kassius is a tremendous wrestler, but he isn't in the top 1% Ohno cuts him off and says EC3 is a blowhard and if he keeps talking to him like this he'll be unconscious. Ohno then challenges him to a match next week. EC3 accepts.

Lars/Black video package airs.

Ricochet/Dream video package airs.

Lacey Evans vs. Kairi Sane
Not as great as II but better than I. Kairi comes out hot and tries to go after the hand, but Lacey uses her power and height to shove her off and take over. She works the head and neck softening her up for the big KO. She makes the mistake of going for the moonsault which misses and that allows Sane to make a comeback, she hits 3 spears in a row before hitting her finishing sequence and hitting the in-sane elbow off the top for the win. **1/4

Tommaso Ciampa comes down to the ring, he sits on the top turnbuckle and says fact is you all gave up on me, way before he gave up on them. YOU TAPPED OUT! You disgust him, one week ago. FUCK YEAH! THE RETURN OF THE ASSHOLE CHANTS :mark: Ciampa says let's talk about how last week how Gargano did what Garagano does, he interrupted a match why? because it's always about him. Johnny had to announce to the world that he signed the contract, apparently, Johnny Wrestling has become Johnny Badass. It's adorable, anything to take attention away from the fact you almost crippled your wife. The best part is this is on him, he brought his wife to the ring and challenges him to a fight. Even when the little blonde begged, but what did you do, you attacked me and all I did was defend myself. The truth hurts, and what you should have done was listen to your wife. Now, listen to me, don't show up to Chicago. This whole Gargano fairy tale is coming to an end and it will not be a happy ending. Your wife is broken and you will be broken. I WIN!

Gargano comes out but security holds him back, but he fights them off and rushes to the ring to attack Ciampa. They have this awesome brawl in the crowd and back to the ring, security tries to stop it which allows Ciampa to attack him from behind. HE THEN LOCKS IN JOHNNY OWN HOLD AGAINST HIM. But, refs come down to pull him off. Ciampa leaves, but, Gargano is back up and attacks him on the ramp. He throws him into the Tron and the LED board which busts CIAMPA OPEN :mark: Gargano snaps and locks in the escape to end the show. FUCKIN LOVE THIS FEUD.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 304
June 13th, 2018

War Raiders vs. Ricky Martinez & Justin Storm
SQUASH!

After the match, War Raiders accept TM's challenge.

EC3 vs. Kassius Ohno
This is a blast, both guys play their roles and do it well. Love that it's not the standard face vs. face, it has some intensity, and a good story with EC looking down at Ohno because of his physique so he doesn't take this serious to start, but Ohno does and beats him up early so it forces EC to adjust. EC's control is very meh, it's that Roode old school main event style, slow and methodical. Ohno's comeback is dope he hits all his big strikes, he then hits the back senton on the floor. Back in Ohno goes for a roll up but EC uses Ohno's momentum and bounces his throat off the top rope, and ends it with the TKO for the win. **1/2

Bianca Belair vs. Aliyah
Another really solid BB showcase, she does the deadlift slam spot in this too before hitting the reverse powerbomb ends it.

Nikki/Shayna video package airs.

Backstage: Cathy is with Dakota Kai, she says she was so close to winning the NXT title and asks if she could would she change anything. Kai says she's happy that she stood up to Shayna and if she is given another chance she will win. Bianca comes over and says she should be the one that she should be interviewed, over team "I won't do nothing" She tells Kai to stand back as it's her time. Kai says she won't let her talk to her like that and challenges her to a match next week.

United Kingdom Championship: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Pete Dunne
Dunne has his thigh taped up after last weeks attack, IDK why but the crowd is going nuts before the bell it's the loudest they've been all night. Kyle tries to go after the thigh but Dunne blocks it and does his usual arm/finger stuff. Kyle tries to survive but keeps falling into back positions around the ring, like he goes to the apron for room. But Dunne EXPlexs him onto the apron before going back to the arm. Dunne doesn't have his usual speed so when he tries to run the ropes, Kyle kicks out the injured thigh and goes to work. Sadly Dunne doesn't sell it and does a bunch of spots with him landing on his feet during the comeback like nothing ever happen to the leg. He tries to lock in the Kimora, but it gets blocked so he goes for an arm triangle but Kyle shoves him off and hits a BRAINBUSTER for two. They begin trading awful strikes, Dunne hits the big forearm but as he goes for the bitter end Kyle blocks it into a front headlock, but Dunne counters that into the orange crush. But, Kyle no-sells it and locks in the ankle lock. Back to strikes this one better than the last but still lol this is pretty bad, I have no idea why the crowd is so hyped. Bitter End ends it. This was bad. **

Roddy and Cole attack Dunne post-match, but Oney and Danny run out for the save. All 6 brawl with Oney and Burch cleaning house on the tag champs as Dunne and Cole brawl to the back.

The NXT World champion Aleister Black comes down to the ring, he says Lars thinks he has his number, he caught his 1 strike, the one strike he used to knock all his opponents down with. And he's not gonna lie that rattled him. But he will fill the full force of the Black Mass and he will soon realize nothing is too powerful, and he will fade to black. Larz comes out now and they begin fighting, Larz takes his head off with a huge lariat and hits the freak accident. He hits another one and another one. LARZ ISN'T DONE HE DRAGS BLACK UP TO THE ANNOUNCE TABLE AND POSES WITH THE TITLE OVER THE FALLEN CHAMPION! LARZ!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

DWuJJVz.png

NXT TakeOver: Chicago II
June 16th, 2018
Allstate Arena: Chicago, Illinois

No Mauro tonight so it's Nigel, Percy, and Vic.

NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Undisputed Era (w/Adam Cole) vs. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan
Roddy and Oney start the mic, Vic makes a great point that this is the first time Roddy and Kyle have teamed up and defended the titles, so it makes Oney/Danny the more experienced team. Faces control early but get boooo'ed the whole time. So I guess I should refer to them as the 2-man-skinhead violence. They are one step ahead and it doesn't matter if its Roddy or Kyle they get the better, that is until Danny blocks the apron kick by Kyle but Roody does his through the ropes dropkick to give UE control. They isolate Burch with Roddy working the mid-section and lower back, why Kyle does too but also goes after the arm cause 2018 reasons. Oney's hot rules, as usual, he cleans house and hits a plancha dive to the floor, half and half followed by running uppercut gets two, he continues to take the fight to both Kyle and Roddy until Danny recovers and they hit the wheelbarrow DDT for two. They then go for looks to be the Doomsday but Kyle shoves Oney off the top and he takes a nasty fucking bump hip first to the apron, Kyle tags in and hits a brainbuster for two before trying to lock in an armbar but Danny makes it to the ropes, Roddy gets back in and they start double teaming Burch but can't put him away. They go for total elimination, but Burch blocks it and sends them both to the floor where ONEY HITS DOUBLE BLOCKBUSTERS TO THE FLOOR. They roll Kyle back in and hit their version of Doomsday with Oney hitting an uppercut instead of a Lariat, but Cole pulls Kyle to the floor to break the count. The ref sees it so he sends Cole to the back. They go for the DDT again, but Roddy pulls Burch to the floor and sends him into the table, Roddy tags back in, but Oney gets the better and hits a powebomb into the single Boston Crab. KYLE KICKS HIM THE HEAD BUT ONEY DOESN'T BREAK THE HOLD! Danny then locks Kyle in a crossface, but Kyle rolls onto his back and kicks Oney in the face to get him to break the hold :mark: All begin to slug it out, UE get the better and they kill Oney with a 7 strike combo and hit their version of the high/low for the win. Awesome match. ***1/2

c1L6LbK.gif
a5qqGUT.gif

After the match, Oney and Danny get the standing ovation they rightfully deserve. FUCK LOSERS trying to boooo them as the start. What a bunch of idiots.

NXT's Kairi Sane is in the crowd.

The Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet
Dream coming out in his mix of "Hogan still Rules" t-shirt, but his tee reads "Dream still over" and the Prince Puma inspired tights :mark: He even does all the Hogan motions :lmao I'm glad Rico ditched that awful Denim/hoodie vest look and now has I have no idea what it's cooled but some king shit with wings on the back. Good feeling out process to start, Ricochet gets the better gets the better and does a good job isolating the head, but Dream uses his bigger frame to shove him off and they go into their flashier counters and exchanges. Dream takes over when he sees a springboard coming and takes out Ricochet's knee dropping him chest first onto the top rope. Dream's control is great not like it's the best but it show's Dream gimmick and persona off, he steals a bunch of Ricochet's move to show anything he can do, Dream can do better. Ricochet has a nice spotty comeback, tons of dives and springboard moves, standing SSP only gets two, they fight up top but Ricochet takes too long setting something up so Dream hits the DVDbomb off the top for two. Dream tries to go up top but Richochet blocks it............BUT DREAM THEM SUPLEXES HIM FROM THE APRON TO THE FLOOR! Both men make it back to the ring at 9. Dream hits a 2nd DVDbomb but again Rico kicks out at two, they begin trading strikes in the middle Dream goes for his spike DDT but Ricochet blocks it, but can't follow up as he back hurts. Awesome back and forth and Dream hits the spike DDT for two. Dream is now PISSED and starts letting his anger and frustration getting to him, he begins trash talking. BUT RICOCHET HITS THE DVDBOMB AND FOLLOWS UP WITH DREAM'S PURPLE RAINMAKER BUT DREAM KICKS OUT! Ricochet heads up for the 630, but Dream rolls to center. Rico looks like he wants to get down but thinks better and goes for the SSP but Dream gets the knees up, he quickly covers for two. Dream then heads up top for the Purple rainmaker but Ricochet moves about of the way. He heads up top and hits the 630 for the win. Didn't need 22 minutes, but still a hell of a match. ***1/4

NXT Woman's Championship: Nikki Cross vs. Shayna Baszler
Shayna tries to do all her intimidation tactics to start the match, but crazy Nikki doesn't fall for it as she begs and even dares Shayna to choke her out. It's all Nikki to start, she locks on a sleeper on the floor but Shayna backdrops her VADER style on the steel part of the ramp to takeover. SHE THEN KNEES NIKKI RIGHT IN THE JAW HOLY SHIT! :mark: Awesome jaw work by Shayna, raking her boot and forearm over the face, and even using her hands to pull away at the facial features. BUT NIKKI KEEPS LAUGHING AT HER. Cross comes back with her whacky brawling and hits a crossbody for two, she then follows up with the inverted DDT on the apron for two. But Shayna comes right back with like the 6th stiff looking knee to the jaw, she goes for the choke but Nikki sends her face first into the top turnbuckle and hits the swinging neckbreaker, but Shayna gets her boot on the ropes to break the cover. Crucifix pin gets blocked and Shayna locks in the choke, Nikki tries to fight it but once she realizes she can't she accepts her fate smiles and passes out. **3/4

Ta8bV6Q.gif

NXT's EC3 is in the crowd.

KEITH LEE IS ALSO IN THE CROWD.

NXT World Championship: Lars Sullivan vs. Aleister Black
LARZ catches the Black Mass 10 seconds in, so he quickens the face with quick strikes trying to set up the big KO. Black controls for the majority of the first half but as he goes for the moonsault off the middle rope, Lars catches him on the floor and drops him face first onto the apron, he then follows up with a hard whip into the barricades to take over. Lars works the head mainly with chinlocks, press slam gets two, as Black tries to fight back. BUT LARZ GOES THE GOLDBERG POP-UP POWERSLAM FOR TWO :mark: Lars makes his first mistake of the match, and that going up top for the headbutt but Black recovers and gets his knees up right into the face. That allows Black to get his 2nd wind, he goes back to the striking game breaking Lars down. Cape 'rana gets two, he sets him up for Black Mass but Lars grabs the leg and chop blocks it. FUCK YEAH! He then locks in a the BrockLock and it looks fucking brutal, Black rolls him over for a quick two, he then blocks the Freak Accident into a spike DDT. HUGE LARIAT CONNECTS, Lars then poweslams him onto the apron for our 3rd nasty apron bump of the night. JESUS! He pushes Black back in and hits the diving headbutt for two. Lars goes for another chop block but Blac avoids and hits a flash Black Mass but Lars kicks out, he goes for it, again and again, LARZ catches the boot. He goes for the freak accident but Black slips out and hits black mass, BUT LARS ONLT DROPS TO HIS KNEES! BLACK HITS A 3RD AND COVERS FOR THE WIN. **3/4

aAwRYEJ.gif

In the back, Gargano is dressed in his best Captain America adjace attire, Candice runs over and hands him a crutch, she tells him to kick his ass.

Windy City Street Fight: Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Ciampa comes out with his own crutch, but his is camo painted and his t-shirt has an airbrush of him dressed as THANOS with his boot on top of Gargano :lmao Ciampa bull rushes the ring and the fight is on, Gargano gets the better of the fight early on poor Nigel gets taken out after Gargano throws Ciampa over the table. They brawl into the crowd. They do the ECW spot of Gargano hitting Ciampa in the back with a sign, he then rips it off and reveals a stop sign. How did that get into the building :side: He then jumps up to some boxes and hits a huge crossbody to the floor before going back to the ring. Johnny begins bringing out all the typical weapons, trashcan, lid, and chairs but Ciampa hits the triple rolling german's but Gargano blocks the 4th and hits one of his own before hitting a suicide dive to the floor. Ciampa takes back over with a knee to the head and he introduces the same weapons :lmao HE THEN PUTS JOHNNY'S FACE IN THE CHAIR AND SLAMS IT INTO THE STEPS, IT'S NOT TAKER'S THROAT ONE BUT THE OTHER ONE. Brutal Ciampa beat down, weapons shots using the point of the elbow and boots to methodically beats Gargano's brains in. Ciampa brings out some handcuffs but Johnny fights him off and hits a desperation slingshot spear to take over, it's now his turn for punishment. He takes off his belt and begins whipping the shit out of him. And to the fans credit, they use the "You deserve it" chant correctly. Johnny goes for the lawn dart into the trashcan, but Ciampa escapes and hits the double knees powerbomb to the back and hits the running knee with the trashcan on Gargano's face for two, he does it again and they fight on the apron. CIAMPA THEN HITS THE FUCKING AIR RAID CRASH ONTO THE STEPS FOR TWO. BRUH! Ciampa goes under the ring and gets bolt cutters from under the ring, he clips the strings and pulls away the canvas to expose the wood of the ring. Ciampa goes for the air raid crash onto the wood but Gargano counters it into a sunset flip, but Ciampa holds on so Gargano hits the corner superkick spot. They trade big strikes in the ring, Gargano picks up the trashcan lid as Ciampa picks up one of the crutches they hit one another in the head at the same time but Gargano falls on top for two. Ciampa rolls to the floor so Gargano goes for a plancha but Ciampa hits him in mid-air with a trashcan lid. HE GOES FOR THE RUNNING KNEE BUT GARGANO MOVES AND CIAMPA HITS THE REPAIRED KNEE INTO THE STEPS. Ciampa rolls back in for separation but Gargano sees it and begins attacking the knee, he hits it like 5 times with a chair but Ciampa kicks him back into the trashcan in the corner and locks Gargano in his own hold. Gargano then picks up a crutch but Ciampa starts forearming the shit out of the back of his head BRUH! He picks up that crutch that Johnny had, I just realized it's the broken on from New Orleans and hits him in the back of the head with it for two. CIAMPA THEN DRAGS GARGANO UP THE RAMP AND RECREATES THE TURN FROM LAST YEAR! First by throwing him into the LED tron and kneeing him in the head. He then places him onto of some high crats. HE THEN TAKES GARGANO'S WEDDING RING OFF AND SPITS ON HIM AND THROWS IT AWAY HOLY SHIT! :lmao But, Gargano uses that time to recover and hit a MOTHERFUCKING AIR RAID CRASH OFF THE TOP THROUGH SOME TABLES. FUCK! EMT's come out and place Ciampa in a neck brace, and on a stretcher as Gargano watches on with this stunned look on his face. JOHNNY THEN NOTICES HIS FINGER AND SEES HIS RING IS MISSING SO HE DROPS DOWN AND PULLS CIAMPA DOWN TO THE RING! He rolls him back in and takes off the neckbrace, he locks in the escape but their's no ref suits then try to pull him off so Gargano beats the shit out of them. He grabs the handcuffs and cuffs him. He superkicks him 6 times in the head BUT THE SUITS AND STEVE CORINO ARE BACK! They pull him off but Gargano beats them up too. He tries to enter the ring but with his hands still handcuffed behind him CIAMPA SPIKE DDT'S HIM ONTO THE EXPOSED WOOD PART AND COVERS FOR THE WIN. BRUH! Listen it didn't need to be 35 minutes, but holy shit this is the best feud in NXT, these are some of the most violent and best stories told matches maybe in this companies history. FUCK ME! They totally topped New Orleans which is mindblowing. ****1/2

5VLJaH9.gif
7Vp16vr.gif
Z6Mz0O3.gif
ndEQ5fH.gif

This is probably the best TakeOver of all time.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 305
June 20th, 2018
Allstate Arena: Chicago, Illinois

11ksJJU.png

Dakota Kai vs. Bianca Belair
About 5 minutes, and its a really good time, I'm really starting to fucks with super athlete Belair. Kai is a great bumper and seller, if she could act a little better she could become pretty close to what Bayley was. She debuts her new finish of an inverted DVD for the win. Which is a million times better than the reverse powerbomb **1/4

Recap of Dream/Ricochet airs.

Backstage: Cathy aks Ricochet what's next? He says New Orleans he showed just a little bit, and tonight he showed he is more than a gif. The spotlight no longer belongs to the Dream, it belongs to him.

Backstage: New broad asks Dream where he goes from here, he says Dream over in Chicago and leaves.

Recap of Shayna/Cross airs.

Backstage: Shayna is with Cathy, Cathy asks if she ever doubted. She says beat chaos by sucking the air out of it and putting it to sleep. AND STILL......

Recap of LARZ/Black airs.

Backstage: Mike Rome tries to interview Black, but he limps off.

Recap of the Tag Team Title match airs.

Backstage: Cathy is with Oney and Danny, she says she knows they must be upset with the loss but also should be proud with the effort and fight they gave it. Burch says this was a combined 25 years to get to this moment, yeah, they came up short and he's heartbroken. They left it all in the ring. Oney says it was their biggest match, but also their biggest loss.

Recap of Ciampa/Gargano airs.

Earlier today at the PC, EC3 says TakeOver showed why NXT was the bread it had everything apart from the 1%er. But from here on out he's making a proclamation that he will be on 100% of TakeOver's going forward. He's here at the PC to show he's the "Best here, best there, and the best everywhere" :lmao Cameraman asks who he wants to face and he says, everybody.

War Raiders vs. The Mighty
TM now officially change their name and have new attire. TM attack before the bell, Solid showcase for the Raiders it's the most offense anyone has gotten against them. TM still sucks tho, so this sucks. Raiders come back and hit the legdrop/backdrop combo for the win.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
BONUS!

So after TakeOver NXT and NXT UK had two shows in the UK. I don't feel like watching two glorified house shows so I only watched the important stuff.

06/25/2018: British Strong Style (Tyler Bate, Trent Seven & Pete Dunne) vs. The Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Rilley, Roderick Strong & Adam Cole)
Kyle/Bate start, really good mat wrestling to start by them. Roddy/Dunne continues to rule, Trent/Cole was super short but I liked it and wanted more. UE isolate Trent7 for a bit, don't work anything more beat him down and taunt the others. Dunne gets the hot tag and cleans house. He EXPlex's Cole onto Roddy for two, Bate gets a hot tag of his own and cleans house. HE HITS A GIANT SWING ON RODDY WHILE HE HAS COLE ON HIS BACK FOR THE AIRPLANE SPIN :mark: The match breaks down, Roddy catches Dunne coming off the top with a dropkick and Cole hits the suplex/neckbreaker for two. Kyle comes in and locks in an arm-triangle but Dunne gets to the ropes, everyone begins hitting big moves and strikes, super hot finishing stretch. The match ends when Trent and Bate hit a lariat/half nelson suplex double team for the win. Good shit. **3/4

---------

06/26/2018: NXT World Tag Team Championships: Moustache Mountain vs. The Undisputed Era
Really awesome, both teams immediately go into stiffing the other. MM use the hometown advantage to get the upper hand early but Mr. Tag Team wrestling uses his smarts to throw Trent to the floor, Kyle then distracts Trent at the same time Roddy bats Bate into the ring so he can hit his running dropkick to the floor on Trant. Good iso on Trent, but FUCK ALL THAT MY UK FRIENDS BUST OUT THE "SHITTY, SHITTY, SHITTY LITTLE BOOTS" Song for Roddy :lmao Awesome cut off and false hope spots, Trent it really good at those. He eventually makes the hot tag to Bate who cleans house on Roddy. Running SSP gets two, the match breaks down and Bate hits this awesome deadlift german to Roddy with Kyle still on his back. Trent tags back in but, Roddy sends Trent into Bate knocking him to the floor allowing UE to get a couple of near falls. BUT KYLE ACCIDENTALLY HITS RODDY ALLOWING MM to hit the Lariat/Half and half but Roddy breaks up the cover. Kyle/Bate have this tremendous sequence with them just beating the shit out of one another, it leads to Kyle and Roddy hitting the Axe/Smash combo for two, again Roddy and Kyle has some miscommunication allows MM to hit a kneedrop/burning hammer double team for the win. NEW CHAMPS! ***

06/26/2018: NXT North American Championship: Wolfgang vs. Adam Cole
Wolf uses his power, weight, height to bully Cole around early, but Cole uses speed and stick/move till he finds something to work on and that being the neck. Cole is clearly the move over of the two, and it feels like they change the plans of the match that way. They have Wolfy being more heelish and aggressive as Cole pulls off a rare babyface showing. Wolf works the mid-section with various gut busters holds. Cole has a really good comeback, he sells the mid-section the whole time while hitting big moves for near falls. Cole avoids a moonsault and hits 3 bicycle kicks but Wolf hits a big lariat out of desperation. He again goes up top, and again Cole gets the knees up to block a senton. He hits the neckbreaker and last shot shinning wizard for the win. **1/2

06/26/2018: The Velveteen Dream & EC3 vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black
Yo I think I'm ready to put EC3 theme in the top 5, the crowd singing along to "TOP 1%" got me hype, that and the whiskey I'm drinking. Dream on his mind games early, he hypes up like he wants Ricochet just to rip off his tee and expose he wants another round with Black. But instead, he throws the tee at him and tags EC3 in. This is pretty much a best of/exhibition match but I fucks with it. Tale of two halves, first half Black/Rico control and show off all their flashy stuff but Dream pulls Rico down onto the apron during a springboard attempt giving his team control. Solid stuff but nothing to write about, Dream is superb at just being his gimmick and doing everything to be a heel but getting cheered for it. Fake out dives, grabbing a chair to distract the ref stopping Richochet from tagging out, doing the Rude taunt to Black. He also keeps trying to sacrifice EC3 into taking moves but it backfires on him :lmao Black has a really dope hot tag, cleans house. Dream blocks Black Mass and hits the Double A spinebuster. He goes to hit the purple rainmaker, but EC3 uses the top rope to get back to the apron which accident forces him to lose balance and jam his knee on the landing. EC3 tags back in and hits a flash superkick for two. The match breaks down and everyone hits superkicks, Black/Dream rules so does Dream/Ricochet. The match ends when Dream hits the DVDbomb but can't follow up cause of the knee, so he tags EC3 back in but he can't hit the 1%er. He does hit an inverted STO but when he goes to tag dream in. DREAM LEAVES HIM HANGING AND EC3 TURNS INTO BLACK MASS AND BLACK COVERS FOR THE WIN. **1/2

06/26/2018: NXT Woman's Championship: Toni Storm vs. Shayna Baszler
Toni won a #1 Contenders match last night. Toni tries to mat wrestle with Shayna early and she gets the better to start, but the longer it went on Shayna adjusted and started to embarrass her and get the better. So Toni goes more to brawling and flying, but Shayna isn't new to this and seen this before. She clips the knee and totally toys with her, Shayna is great I know I've said Asuka is my favorite female wrestler of all time, and right now Tessa is my favorite wrestler to watch but Shayna might be 1b. Everything about her is violent and nasty, something about a woman that toys and takes pleasure in hurting other people in a physical manner gives me joy. She does the knee stop like she does with the arm but just to the knee duh. Toni's selling is decent, I like that she never really got a comeback due to the nee bothering her and was on one leg the rest of the match. She does hit the air raid crash onto the bad knee which is pretty dumb but fuckit. She takes too long to follow up with her next move which allows Shayna to hit this awesome running step up knee for two, she goes for the choke but Toni rolls out and rolls her up for two. Shayna eventually locks in the choke, but Toni makes it to the ropes, Toni rolls to the floor and Shayna locks it in again on the floor and chokes her out. Shayna rolls back in and Toni gets counted out. **1/2

06/26/2018: United Kingdom Championship: Zack Gibson vs. Pete Dunne
Gibson won the tournament 24 hours earlier, I like Zack mainly because his last name is Gibson after the late and great James Gibson :side: and he's taken 90% of Nigels' arm work, plus he wears a Harrington Jacket. Shockingly they battle over arm position to start, Gibson gets the better but the match is weird, it has some hate with Gibson feeling he should be where Dunne is so he constantly talks shot. Sunne sells really well but then just drops all selling when it's time to come back. Also, the crowd is more about chants and sing alongs than into the match. Dunne hitting a fuckin explex onto the wood ramp sounded nasty, they have the standard black mat on it but you can still hear the thud and Gibson yelling in pain sounded really legit. The match turns more into a fight as they trade punches, kicks, knees, headbutts for the rest of the match. Dunne has some awful rock em, sock em punches those shits are terrible. Dunne hits the bitter end but Gibson kicks out, he then suckers Dunne in and hits a step up kick followed by a middle rope lungblower for two. He then applies the London Dougen but Dunne makes it to the ropes. Both men fight up top with Gibson hitting the avalanche spinning neckbreaker for two, he goes for the Dougen again but Dunne again makes the ropes. Gibson begins kicking him in the face but he makes the mistake of trash talking him, so Dunne breaks his fingers, hits the big forearm and finishes him off with the bitter end for the win. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Tag Team Champions: Moustache Mountain

NXT Episode 306
June 27th, 2018

NXT World Champion Aleister Black comes down to the ring, he says adversity and how you deal with it, is how you are defined as a champion. The name of adversity at TakeOver was LARZ! He did something I didn't think was humanly possible, but faced with that Adversity I made it fade to black. CIAMPA THEN COMES OUT! He says now it's time he stood face to face with the devil, he sees right through the smoke and mirrors and candles. He doesn't buy it, don't get him wrong he is the champion and the saying goes "the title doesn't make the man, the man makes the title" But he feels his case is different, the title makes Alester Black. Look no further he barely beat Lars and on that same night IN THE MAIN EVENT! He beat Johnny freakin wrestling, and he did it with his damn hands tied behind his back, and now the Garganofairytalel is over it's time to focus on business. Black says if Regal allows it he will have no problem kicking his.....BUT CIAMPA CUTS HIM OFF AND CALLS HIM BOY! He tells him to be careful with what he says. Ciampa says when he beats him he loses more than just his title, he loses his mystique, all he needs is one match and one opportunity and at that moment his little title reign with FADE TO BLACK!

At TakeOver, LARZ BROKE HIS JAW!

Earlier Today, Vanessa Born talks to the NXT Media, she asks them why Kairi dresses like a pirate. She calls it stupid and calls them stupid for admiring it. She then challenges Sane to a match next week.

Kona Reeves vs. Max Humberto
No seriously Fuck Kona and his fire ass rap theme.

That awful Extreme Rules PPV airs.

Candice LaRae vs. Lacey Evans
So according to Percy, Candice has been inspired by her husband, even though he basiclly snapped and just got DDT'ed on wood 11 days ago. But fuckit, I'll roll with it. Candice uses her experience and is focused on the match, Lacey has to cheat by grabbing the hair before going after the arm. Decent arm work, but you know its not on par with others. Candice does a good enough job selling during the comeback. Candice hits the unprettier and a cape 'rana for the win. *3/4

Backstage: Cathy interviews Johnny Gargano, she asks how his recovery is going after Chicago. Gargano says Candice is his favorite wrestler. But it's hard to focus, he keeps replaying Chicago in his head. He even watched it, and he saw what Ciampa did to his wedding ring and win. He doesn't get to win, he's won 1 and he's one 1. He wants it one more time, it doesn't matter where. IT ENDS WHEN HE DOES!

During the break, Regal books Gargano/EC3 for next week.

Backstage: Cathy interviews Candice she first congratulates her on her win and asks how hard it has been for her and Gargano lately. She says it's distracting, but she's learned from the past. She can't let that distract her, yeah she's concerned on him but she needs to worry about her and getting that NXT woman's title.

It's supposed to be Moustache Mountain in a champions showcase match............BUT THIS HAPPENS.

eFm5KtO.gif

UE come down to the ring, but Ricochet runs out for the save. Regal books a 6-man.

Moustache Mountain & Ricochet vs. The Undisputed Era
Really good TV main event. Gets about 14 minutes and everything clicks, faces are one step ahead early, Bate does this great bob/bang sequence on all 3 like Roddy falls for it fist, Cole sees it but misses his strike first and Kyle can't connect on his strikes and he gets dropped. Roddy then attacks him from behind giving UE control. Really awesome beating, they're pissed at no longer being champs so they destroy Bate with big power moves and strikes. AWESOME Ricochet hot tag, big spots, speed stuff everything crisp. He goes for the northern lights rolling german's but Kyle body scissors him with a headlock but Ricochet makes it to his corner and Trent tags in and hits a DDT for two. UE run off a combo of moves but Bate and Ricochet breaks it up. Cole exposes the knee for the shining wizard but Trent hits the lariat first, Ricochet tags in and hit's the KI-Crusher for two. The match breaks down and RICOCHET AVOIDS THE HIGH/LOW WITH A BACKFLIP He then catches Cole's superkick and hits a big boot of his own, he then hits the 630 but Kyle pulls Cole to the floor. Rico takes Kyle out after a dive, but from behind Roddy hits the Explex onto the apron and rolls him in for Cole to cover for the win. **3/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roddy coming with that knee like he was trying to kill those jobbers :lmao

Reactions: Cwalker

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Mid-Year Awardz

MOTY

26. Kairi Sane vs. Lacey Evans - May 23rd, 2018 **3/4
25. Dakota Kai vs. Shayna Baszler - May 30th, 2018 **3/4
24. Nikki Cross vs. Shayna Baszler - NXT TakeOver: Chicago II **3/4
23. Roderick Strong vs. Danny Burch - June 6th, 2018 **3/4
22. British Strong Style vs. The Undisputed Era - June 25th, 2018 **3/4
21. The Velveteen Dream vs. Kassius OhNo - NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia **3/4

20. Moustache Mountain & Ricochet vs. The Undisputed Era - June 27th, 2018 **3/4
19. Lars Sullivan vs. Aleister Black - NXT TakeOver: Chicago II **3/4
18. Lars Sullivan vs. Ricochet & The Velveteen Dream - May 23rd, 2018 **3/4
17. Shayna Baszler vs. Ember Moon - NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia **3/4
16. The Authors of Pain vs. The Undisputed Era - NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia **3/4
15. Pete Dunne vs. Roderick Strong - May 2nd, 2018 **3/4
14. Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler - NXT TakeOver: New Orleans ***
13. Moustache Mountain vs. The Undisputed Era - June 26th, 2018 ***
12.Danny Burch, Oney Lorcan & Pete Dunne vs. The Undisputed Era - May 16th, 2018 ***
11. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Kassius OhNo - May 9th, 2018 ***

10. Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole - NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia ***1/4
9. Aleister Black vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas - NXT TakeOver: New Orleans ***1/4
8. The Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet - NXT TakeOver: Chicago II ***1/4
7. Pete Dunne vs. Roderick Strong - February 14th, 2018 ***1/4
6. Johnny Gargano vs. The Velveteen Dream - January 24th, 2018 ***1/4
5. The Undisputed Era vs. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan - NXT TakeOver: Chicago II ***1/2
4. Ladder Match - NXT TakeOver: New Orleans ****1/4
3. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano - NXT TakeOver: New Orleans ****1/2
2. Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa - NXT TakeOver: Chicago II ****1/2
1. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano - NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia *****

Feuds
5. Shayna/Dakota
4. Dunne/Undisputed Era
3. Almas/Gargano
2. Ricochet/Dream
1. Ciampa/Gargano

TakeOver
3. Philadelphia