Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Roodes NXT run was more underwhelming than Nakamura's.

I think both their entrances overshadowed their ring work.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
That triple threat tag match still top 5 NXT matches of all time. Shit was amazing

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
AoP still surviving the main roster curse :side:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Pee jokes...we sure they’re “surviving”?

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Bobby Roode
NXT World Tag Team Champions: The Authors Of Pain
NXT Woman's Champion: Asuka
United Kingdom Champion: Tyler Bate

NXT Episode 242
April 5th, 2017
Amway Center: Orlando, Florida

Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay) vs. Aliyah
Peyton showcase, Aliyah continues to add nothing to wrestling. Peyton wins with the fisherman suplex.

Recap of Asuka/Moon airs.

WWE.com EXCLUSIVE! Kayla asks Asuka "WHO'S NEXT" and Asuka says, who's left? she's still champion.

Recap of Almas/Black airs.

After the show, Almas went out and fucked some thots. EL IDOLO!

Heavy Machinery vs. The Bollywood Boyz
Again HM has another good showing, i'm slowly becoming a fan. And i give a ton of credit to the Bollywood boyz for bumping huge for everything. HM hit a double big splash for the win.

Backstage: Kayla asks Oney if he has any idea who his opponent is tonight, Oney says no but he's just here to do his job, compete and win.

Recap of the Tag Team Title match airs.

WWE.com EXCLUSIVE! Paul Ellering says this is just an evolution of AoP, they proved themselves to the WWE. All the higher-ups are trying to do is slow them down, but they can't stop destiny.

Recap of Roode/Nakamura airs.

Nakamura then gets a 5minunte video package, thankfully his NXT run is over.

WWE.com EXCLUSIVE! Kayla asks Roode how it feels to still be champion, Roode says he did exactly what he said he would do. He beat Nakamura again in front of 15,000 people. In the last year, he's taken NXT to new heights and it will continue, this is only the beginning.

BREAKING, DREW MCINTYRE SIGNS WITH NXT!

Drew says over the last few years he's traveled the world and won championships, so the next logical step was to come back to the WWE and NXT to face the best. He also wants the NXT championship.

Drew makes his official debut next week.

nxt-04-05-17.jpg
Oney Lorcan vs. EL VAGABUNDO
Vega has a striking resemblance to Elias, he even comes out with a guitar but he was fired so I doubt it's him :side: I remember this was the night I hopped on the wagon, IDK why but him doing his shtick and replacing Elias with "Vagabundo" was hilarious, also the fans turning on Oney just because is also hilarious. As for the match, it's fine it gets a couple of minutes but the network hype commercial cuts most of it. Oney unmasks Vegabundo and I'm SHOCKED it's Elias, he quickly follows up with a neckbreaker for the win. Nigel steals the whole match with his little Spanish 1 liners and doing the heel 101 stuff of trying to convince us Vega wasn't Elias but as soon as the masked is taken off, he's like I told you so. *3/4

After the match; Elias refuses to leave but that female security, the one that stopped GRONK from getting in the ring, and the one that beat up Enzo at Survivor Series drag him to the back. She's 3-0 :lmao

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 243
April 12th, 2017
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

NXT has a new video opening and it's to the "Rage" song. NEW ERA!

Corey Hollis vs. Aleister Black
Corey rushes over and Black kills him with the Black Mass as soon as the bell rings for the win.

Footage of Tye making his main roster debut from SmackDown last week.

Backstage: Tye says he worked 15 years for that debut, but he still has some unfinished business. He spoke to Regal and next week he gets a match against EY inside a steel cage.

DREW VS. ONEY TONIGHT! :mark:

Nakamura also says goodbye tonight, my kids should have gotten the sendoff my this bum :mjcry

Michael Blais & Dylan Miley vs. #DIY
Dylan is LARZ! Speaking of Larz did anyone read that story of him being a racist. Vince gonna make him champ on his debut :mark: This is fun, it's pretty much a Larz showcase, he dominates DIY but when he tags his partner in the match falls apart for him and DIY get the win with the running knee/superkick combo.

After the match; Larz beats up his partner for being shit.

Ember Moon is in the empty arena after NXT TakerOver as the crew is taking down the set, she says it was supposed to be her moment. And her time to show the world she can do anything, it was her destiny to win and go down in history to be the one. But that's where it all went wrong, and Asuka proved she will do anything to keep the woman's championship. She will be the one, and she will be the next woman's champion.

Tom announces the future global Women’s Tournament for this summer (I've never seen either, so I guess i'll review it)

Ruby Riot vs. Kimberly Frankele
Ruby showcase, Cross comes out for the distraction which allows Kim to go on a brief run of offense. AND GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! THE FANS ARE NOW DOING THE 2SWEET AFTER EVERY 2 COUNT! I FUCKING HATE WRESTLING FANS. Ruby makes a comeback and hits the pele kick for the win.

Earlier Today, the Iconics are back at the PC, they spot Liv and Aliyah in the trainer's room, Kay makes a joke about Peyton beating her so Liv shoves Kay into one of those ice baths.

Oney Lorcan vs. Drew McIntyre
Oney being the workhorse of NXT right now is fucking awesome. I know it's not Broken Dreams, but Drew's new theme does go hard tho. Good match, but I wish it was longer, Oney more than holds his own and has no problems laying his shit in. Awesome spot, Oney tries a crossbody off the top to the floor but Drew catches him in mid-air and slams him backfirst into the hard part of the ring apron. Most of Drew's control gets cut due to the break, and they cut back to Oney hitting his snap neckbreaker for two before mounting a small comeback, and he begins slapping the shit out of Drew but Drew cuts him off with a reverse Alabama slam spiking Oney's head into the mat, which busts open and Drew eds it with a sick Claymore Kick for the win. **1/2

fm7Bcn5.gif
A2zKtm9.gif
7H7Vm5H.gif

After the match; Dasha asks what brought him to NXT, and Drew says he's work so hard over the last few years to build up a reputation and he could have gone anywhere in the world buy chose NXT.

Shinsuke Nakamura comes down to the ring to give us his "heartfelt goodbye" He says 1 year ago, he came to NXT. He already had experience and was a champion in Japan. But he wanted to challenge himself against the best in the world, and 1 year later he called NXT his home. He learned a lot here, and NXT is its own brand. One thing he found out quickly was the NXT fans are crazy. He says it's different over here, with the chants and singing, he says he will always be NXT. YEAH!

Wrestlers from the back all come out onto the stage and give Nakamura a standing ovation like he pushed the needle or was the ace when it face he's not even the ace or the best Japanese wrestler on the roster for the year he was here, that would be Asuka. Oh great, that loser Finn comes out to steal some of the spotlight.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The beginning of the “2 Sweet” chant

Now I officially know the day I started to hate wrestling fans

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 244
April 19th, 2017

World Champion Bobby Roode comes out to open the show, he says for the 2nd year in a row Bobby Roode made WM week Glorious. Think about it, he singlehandedly sold out TakeOver, and on that night he gave those 15,000 people a treat by watching the biggest box office superstar in the business today. And during that night he proved the fate and future of NXT are in his control. And the transformation to his NXT is finally complete. That was until last week when he watched Nakamura get into his ring. And 1 by 1 NXT superstar filled the stage and paid homage to him. I didn't come out like the rest of the morons becuase he didn't want to listen to the lies of Nakamura, he's beaten him twice in a row and that's why Nakamura left. Roode says no one here deserves or belongs in his NXT, so from this moment on, you can choose to be in his NXT or you can hit the bricks like Nakamura. HIDEO ITAMI'S MUSIC HITS AND HE MAKES HIS RETURN (I forgot to mention, he was on the stage last week too) They go face to face and Hideo slaps the shit out of him :mark: Roode laughs it off, and teases wanting so Hideo hits him with the Go 2 Sleep.

Backstage: Kayla is with Tyler Bate and Jack Gallagher, she announces them having a title match next week. They exchange pleasantries towards one another sarcastically before shaking hands.

DDP DVD commercial airs.

Back from break, Roode is still laid out in the ring but gets helped up by ref Draker Younger and 1 EMT.

Earlier Today; Heavy Machinery are lifting weights, but Almas walks over to Drew and calls him a Perro and challenges him to a match next week :mark:

Andrade 'Cien' Almas vs. Danny Burch
Percy snitches on Almas saying he was out till 3 am the night before Mania partying. FUCK YEAH! Burch is back, not much of a match sadly, it's about 2 minutes, they go back and forth until Almas hits the hammerlock DDT for the irrupt ending.

Asuka hype video airs.

Tye/Sanity video package airs.

Liv Morgan & Aliyah vs. The Iconic Duo
Fam, Aliyah has another new theme, this makes at least 6 this year :lmao Poor girl has no idea who she wants to be, I would still pipe tho. Billie who usually has awful fake tanner and makeup looks terrible, they gave her the Homer shotgun make up look. But this time it was a double barrel one. JESUS! Trash match, the faces score the upset.

Next Week: Drew/Almas, Bate/Gallagher - UK title & Black in action.

Steel Cage Match: Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young
Typical new age WWE cage match, tons of mediocre bawling, escape attempts. At one point, EY gets busted open, and the theory of cage matches need blood goes out the window, because my excitement about this feud was still at an all-time low, anyway EY hits the big elbow off the top of the cage but the bump hurt him so he can't follow up straight away with a cover so Tye kicks out. Tye immediately comes right back hitting the Tye breaker and begins crawling to the door but Sanity runs out stopping him. But that brings out Roddy, Ohno and Riot and all 6 brawls. Ruby and Cross fight off as Dain takes out both Roddy and Ohno, he enters the ring as Wolfe stops Tye from escaping over the top so Tye hits a crossbody off the top whipping them out, Wolfe then climbs over the top so Tye leaves through the door for the win. **

Roddy and OhNo hoist Tye up like he just finally won the big one :lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cage matches don't need blood they just need to stop being so formulaic, right up there with tables matched for me with how boring they've become

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE keep using the Bret/Owen formula.

Need to completely get rid of the escape element.

also....
aliyah-2.jpg

I'd be trying everything to get her over too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Escaping by the door gotta be top 5 WOAT concepts of all time, and the over the top escape makes faces look dumb af for diving off it instead of escaping when that happens so yeah I agree fuck escapes

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 245
April 26th, 2017

The opens with Nikki Cross already in the ring, she calls Ruby out in her own way, Ruby comes out and they end up having a roll around brawl until refs and security break it up.

Recap of Hideo dropping Roode with the GTS from last week airs.

Backstage: Kayla is with Bobby Roode, he says he knows where she's going and yet it was an unprovoked attack on the champion, and sure Hideo hasn't been around for some time so he doesn't know, that this is his NXT! And if Hideo wants to challenge him he can all day long, but if he wants a title match he needs to earn it.

Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Drew McIntyre
This ruled but it's only 4 minutes, it's not clear that they're saving it for a later date but it does make me even more hyped for the rematch later on. Almas does his cocky fuck around stuff, but it backfires and Drew hits the Claymore Kick for the win. **1/4

In the back, GM Regal books Ruby/Cross for tonight.

FUCK YEAH! IT'S RODERICK "THE GEKKONIDAE" STRONG TIME!

Kona Reeves vs. Aleister Black
Kona gets a couple of punches in, but Black drills him with the black mass under a minute for the win.

Some new interviewer broad called Christy St. Cloud makes her debut as she interviews Ruby Riot, she asks since her arrival she's done nothing but clash with Cross. And tonight she pushes Cross out of her way as she's on a path for the woman's championship.

in the parking lot, Almas is leaving with some thots when Kayla tries to cockblock him by trying to asks for comments on his loss tonight. Almas, I think in Spanish asks if she's down, but she shakes her head so Almas leaves with the bitches.

It's supposed to be Cross/Riot but Nikki attacks Ruby during her entrance, they brawl on the stage and on the floor under the stage until refs and security break it up for the 2nd time tonight.

In the back, GM Regal is with Asuka, he announces to her a #1 Contenders Battle Royal with the winner facing her at the next TakeOver. Asuka snickers at him and leaves.

WWE United Kingdom Championship: Jack Gallagher vs. Tyler Bate
Awesome counter wrestling to start, Jack is more known that Trent7 so he gets to have an actual match and its fun, his arm work is very Nigelesq, at one point Jack uses one of Nigel's arm holds, to which Nigel says that looks familiar, but it completely goes over Tom and Percy's head and they move on to something else. I didn't like Jack spending 3 minutes or so working the arm, but dropping it and going into some Greco Roman wrestling exchanges in which Bate needs both his arms and ends up not selling it like at all, but Jack keeps going back to it even though Bate doesn't bother selling it. Bate has some fine comebacks, but Jack has all his stuff scouted. Dope spot, Bate goes for a suicide dive, but Jack hurls his body and headbutts Bate through the ropes to stop the dive. Jack tries to lock in the kamora but Bate hits a stiff kick to the head and hits the Tyler Driver '97 for the win. **1/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This company should hire me solely to make Tyler Bate a star.

and it's a Kimura.