Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Bobby Roode
NXT World Tag Team Champions: The Authors Of Pain
NXT Woman's Champion: Asuka
United Kingdom Champion: Tyler Bate

NXT Episode 233
February 1st, 2017
Freeman Coliseum: San Antonio, Texas

Ember Moon vs. Aliyah
Fun little Ember showcase for a few minutes, Aliyah does fine for herself and puts on her best showing to date everything is solid and connects well. She also doesn't look lost or counting the move as she goes along. Ember hits the eclipse for the win.

Tye/EY recap airs, in the back EY says he proved that Tye made the wrong choice and choices are coming for everybody. He told them he was gonna take, and that's what they're gonna do. Footage then airs of Tye at the rumble.

Footage of the women's title match airs, in the back Asuka, says the match was tough but she's still champion. Cathy tells her that on the pre-show, Ember called next to which Asuka asks "Ember Fool........SHE WORK HERE?" And just leaves.

Backstage: Kayla asks Ember on what Asuka had to say, Ember says she's happy Asuka won because she wants to be the 1 that beat her, and after she beats her, she will know who she is.

Tyler Bate vs. Oney Lorcan
So this ruled, it starts off super intense with neither guy wanting to backdown but still having that respect breaking clean until, Bate does that super punch thing which pisses Oney off, and Oney beating the living shit out of him. Tons of nasty European uppercuts, punches, and forearms. Sadly this goes only like 4 minutes so the heat gets cut before anything can really get started. Bate has a fun comeback, he hits all his big stuff followed by a 28 seconds airplane spine before ending it with the Tyler Driver '97. **1/2

Backstage: Cathy asks Roddy on his big win, he says he came here for 1 thing and that's the NXT World title, it's Roddy vs. the world and the fans wonder who he is and he showed them tonight who he is.

Recap of AoP/DIY, backstage: Paul Ellering says the landscape of tag team wrestling has changed, they are the new law. They show no mercy and take victory at no cost.

Recap of the main event airs.

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE! After TakeOver ended Nakamura is helped to the back. Hunter then comes over to him and checks on him, Nakamura then cries into a towel and hunter leaves. CHRIS HERO THEN COMES OVER AND CONSOLES HIM :mark:

Backstage: Kayla asks Roode if Nakamura didn't hurt his knee would the outcome be different, Roode asks is that first question you ask the new champion. He says he did what exactly what he said he would do, this is now the Bobby Roode era.

At the commentary booth, Graves announces this is his last TakeOver.

Awesomely, as Graves is giving his goodbye Elias' music hit, and when he comes out he does as a sarcastic wave goodbye to him :mark:

Elias Samson vs. No Way Jose
This is fine, I don't really care for it. Jose wins with a pop-up punch.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 234
February 8th, 2017
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

Nigel McGuiness has now taken over for Cory Graves, so the commentary team is Nigel, Tom, and Percy.

SAnitY (w/Nikki Cross & Eric Young) vs. The Bollywood Boyz
Quick Sanity showing, Dain works the whole match, he isn't the killer monster he will become later in the year but he does some fine big man spots. He hits the electric chair into the Michinoku driver for the win.

After the match, Cross grabs a mic and yells she wants Asuka, but EY takes the mic and does one of those shitty cryptic promos. He says Tye is better with them than against them.

Liv Morgan vs. Billie Kay (w/Peyton Royce)
Aussies are now referring to themselves as the Iconic Duo so that's now a thing, super rough, very choreographed and predictable. Thankfully it's about 3 minutes, Liv shoves Kay into Peyton knocking her off the apron and Liv rolls through with a bridge for the win.

Backstage: Andrea asks Tye he thoughts on what EY said, Tye, says he just lost to the numbers game and will not join Sanity. Suddenly, Sanity runs up from behind and attack him, they beat him down to ringside. Until Roddy and No Way make the save.

Backstage: GM Regal announces Tyler Bate vs. Trent7 for the UK title next week, the Iconic bust open the door and demand a match with Liv next week, so he books them vs. Liv & Anyone she can find.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! It's the debut of Heavy Machinery

Heavy Machinery vs. The Revival
This is a thing, my kids bump well to make these guys look like monster powerhouses, but it's super short so a lot of it gets rushed. They do have a super awesome heat on Otis, where they don't let up or give him any space in a suffocating offense style. Tucker is still green so his hot tag is trash, and my kids outsmart them by pulling Otis off the apron and Dawson hits the Arn DDT for the win.

After the match, Dash says it seems people have forgotten they are the greatest tag team in the world, Dawson says DIY should never have been champs, proof, them getting demolished by AOP. That wouldn't have happened to them, he then challenges AoP to a match at TakeOver Orlando. TOP GUYZ OUT! AoP comes out now, but The Revival bail to the floor and go to the back. AoP then leaves BUT MY KIDS ATTACK THEM ON THE RAMP :mark: They shove Rezar off the stage and beat down Akam before Razor can recover and quickly run off.

Tyler Bate video package hyping up next weeks UK title match airs.

NEW NXT World champion Bobby Roode comes down to the ring, Roode says HE IS THE TYPE OF GUY TO TELL YOU I TOLD YOU SO, SO I TOLD YOU SO. From the moment I got here, I told you I was on a different level and proved it night after night. Nakamura ran roughshod over a decade in Japan, then came here and beat everyone for 1 whole year, he hit me with everything but couldn't beat me. Roode calls his title win the single-greatest moment in NXT history because now they finally have a champion. It's no longer "we are NXT" THIS IS MY NXT!

Tye Dillinger, No Way Jose & Roderick Strong vs. SAnitY (w/Nikki Cross)
Dammit, NXT is gonna force me to watch a feud and wrestlers I don't give a shit about, by putting Roddy in it. This starts off with the best possible situation with the faces attacking Sanity during their entrance, sadly it's like 15 seconds until the commercial fucks it up and the match is joined in progress, only 6 minutes is shown so I think maybe 4 minutes or so got edited out. Lots of back and forth, neither team gets a lengthy amount of isolation until Dain gets in to give his team control and they isolate Tye. Roddy's hot tag is dope as usual, he really is miles above everyone in this match and it's not even close. The match ends when Dain wipes out Roddy with a flying crossbody as Cross has the ref distracted and EY covers for the win. **1/2

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So SaNity works twice?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 235
February 15th, 2017

The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering) vs. Garrison Spears & Lance Anoa’i
SQUASH!

Breaking: Nakamura's knee is fine, and he'll be back soon.

The Iconic Duo vs. Liv Morgan & Ember Moon
NXT still keeping Asuka off TV :( This is kept short, by the numbers NXT woman's match. Heat over Ember was nothing, Liv's hot tag was bad. The match breaks down with Kay knocking Ember off the apron and the Iconics hit an assisted knee to the face for the win.

Recap of Roddy/Tye/Jose/Sanity stuff last week airs.

Earlier Today, Andrea spoke to Roderick and Jose at the PC, she asks them why they saved Tye last week. Roddy says he knows guys like EY "HELL, I USE TO BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS. AND MAYBE I STILL AM" :mark: DAT FORESHADOWING!!!!!!!!!! He says when he got here, he stated it's Roddy vs. the world, he doesn't agree with 4-1 and that's why he saved Tye. Jose says Tye is well respected and that's why he stepped up for him.

DIY comes down to the ring, Ciampa says at takeover they saw their dreams come true, not only by winning the tag titles but when the fans voted them in the MOTY! It was humbling, and they knew they had work to do and it lead to San Antonio. Gargano says AoP is like no one they've ever faced before, and when they got in the ring they saw something in AoP's eyes they've never seen before. Doubt. They know they can beat us down, but we will keep coming back. DIY is far from broken and is ready for another fight. AoP and Ellering come out, Paul says they can have their rematch in 2 weeks. Make peace with your loved ones. SUDDENLY, THE REVIVAL COME THROUGH THE CROWD AND ATTACK DIY :mark: They drop Gargano with shatter machine and bail before AoP can hit the ring.

KASSIUS OHNO IS BACK!!!!

Backstage: GM Regal announces a triple threat #1 Contenders match for the woman's championship, between Peyton Royce, Liv Morgan, and Ember Moon. With the winner getting a title match in 2 weeks.

WWE United Kingdom Championship: Trent Seven vs. Tyler Bate
This is weird like it gets a shit load of time. between 12-15 and that's not including the commercials and edit points, but it's basically a Bate showcase for 8/10ths of it. Like the match is designed on showing off what he can do, with the match really only getting competitive for the finishing stretch, and that's when the match really picked up. They totally missed the boat with the tag partners facing off, or doing the teacher vs. student angle. The match ends when Bate hits an exploder off the top, but Seven kicks out so Bate ends it with the Tyler Driver '97. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 236
February 22nd, 2017

RIP George "The Animal" Steele

Triple Threat #1 Contenders Match: Ember Moon vs. Liv Morgan vs. Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay)
Kayfabe this made a ton of sense, but selfishly I hated it, they kept the best worker in the match on the outside the whole time, Peyton keeps the weaker Liv isolated so we get that for a very long time, like 3/4 of the match is pretty much Peyton beating up Liv. They keep throwing Ember to the floor, so she never gets into her groove and Peyton beats Liv with a high knee followed by fisherman suplex for the win. *3/4

Video packages hyping up Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne tonight airs.

OHNO RETURNS!

Nakamura is back training in the PC after his little knee injury.

Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne
Dunne immediately going into his finger bending is amazing, but it's really one of his flaws like it never leads to anything but it's so brutal, but as the match moves along you just realize its just filler. But, at least in this he keeps going back to it and it's amazing, even if Andrews doesn't sell the finger work long term. But he does make up for it by being a fantastic spot guy, I will put him with prime Matt Sydal, Ricochet. everything look so smooth and effortless. Awesome spot with Mark trying to do the moonsault armdrag to the floor again but Dunne sees it and just elbows the shit out of him before doing the hand-stomp onto the steps. Mark has a dope comeback, tons of highspots but Dunne sees it coming, I wish they would have played off their UK tournament match more instead of just having the big moves scouted. Mark hits a sick reverse 'rana but he's too hurt to follow up and Pete recovers before he can follow up. Awesome finishing stretch with Mark having a counter out of all of Dunne's big moves, he goes for the SSP but Dunne gets the knees up and hits the Bitter End for the win. **3/4

In the back, the Iconics says a bunch of words.

PATRICK CLARKE IN ACTION NEXT WEEK!

No Way Jose vs. Bobby Roode
I don't know what trips' infatuation with Jose is, but I'm sick of this talentless fuck being on TV every week over Asuka, Roddy, Almas, Oney and I think that's all NXT has for singles at the moment. Damn, this roster is thin af. This goes about 5-7 minutes, Roode does his B match main event stuff, Jose is sound but I hate his fucking guts so fuck him. Roode hits the DDT for the win.

After the match; Roode goes to leave but thinks better and CHOP BLOCKS Jose's knee :mark: He then locks in the half Boston Crab hopefully injuring Jose..........................BUT KASSIUS OHNO MAKES HIS RETURN! He looks like he ate the old OhNo and a Hero in his 3-year absence. Roode asks who the hell he is, and OhNo says the people know who he is and he knows that he knows who he is. Cause he ain't nothing to mess with, he's been here before and the last time he was here he has unfinished business and Roode has what he wants. Roode says that's a really touching story, but lucky for him he's looking at a fighting champion, and they don't have to wait. Roode says he will put the title on the line right now, OhNo turns he back to take off his jacket so Roode chop blocks his knee out and goes to work on it, but OhNo kicks him off and KO's him with an elbow to end the show. Good build, very late 80's/early90's NWA/WCW Saturday Night angle.

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 237
March 1st, 2017

Patrick Clark vs. Sean Maluna
Clark has the "Velveteen Dream" theme but he's not fully Dream yet, Awesome Patrick showing, super mean and aggressive, he shows flashes of his future greatness. He hits the fame-asser for the win.

Outside, SAnitY are standing by a fire, EY asks what kind of man brings his friends to the end? He calls Tye a disease that needs to be removed and asked let him be the one to remove him. ALONE!

NXT Woman's Championship: Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay) vs. Asuka
This is the most competitive Asuka match in some time, they do a good job at building Peyton up, so she has a lot of Asuka's knockout kicks and strikes scouted so she avoids them. She takes over working the arm after shoving Asuka into the ringpost. Asuka does a great job selling during the work, it's the first time I've seen her really sell since her debut. Constantly trying to shake feeling into the arm, keep it close to her body and only using it when needed and never used it for a strike, she would use the other arm. Asuka doesn't even get the full comeback as the arm hinders her and Peyton is well prepared, she hits the big spinning heel kick but Asuka kicks out. Asuka out of desperation locks in the Asuka lock like 5 seconds later and Royce taps. **1/2

After the match; Billie attacks Asuka, but Ember Moon makes the save. EMBER AND ASUKA THEN STARE ONE ANOTHER DOWN!

Recap of Roode/OhNo from last week airs.

Backstage: GM Regal announces Roode vs. OhNo for the NXT World Title in 2 weeks.

NXT World Tag Team Championships: #DIY vs. The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)
Obviously, this doesn't touch the San Antonio match, but they follow the same formula of DIY taking it to the champs, tons of stick and move offense and hard-hitting. But as Ciampa goes for the flying knee to the floor Rezar catches him in mid-air and hits the powerbomb spot into the ring-post to take over. Solid big man offense, but it's not brutal like they really should be or have done in the odd squash match, Gargano has a dope hot tag, he hits his big match stuff like the slingshot DDT, through the ropes spear as the match breaks down. DIY come close on a couple of occasions, but the Revival run out and attack both teams for the DQ. **1/4

My kids throw Gargano into the ring post and drop Ciampa with Shatter Machine, then hit one on Akam too to end the show. SAY YEAH~!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Is it Sean Maluna or Maluta?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 238
March 8th, 2017
The Venue at UCF: Orlando, Florida

Nakamura returns tonight against TJP UGH!

Its suppose to be Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young, but EY sends Sanity to the back. They later return in like 12 seconds and drag an unconscious Roddy out onto the stage. Tye checks on him, Jose also comes out. Refs help Roddy to the back as Jose and Tye rush to the ring to fight. But, 4-2 is too much and they get laid out.

Roode/OhNo ~ TITLE MATCH NEXT WEEK!

FADE TO BLACK~!

HoHo Lun vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas
Almas showcase, he toys and fucks around for a couple of minutes until he finally decides to end it with the hammerlock DDT.

Billie Kay (w/Peyton Royce) vs. Ember Moon
THIS FUCKING RULED! No seriously, it's Kay best match to date and probably ever. She doesn't get caught waiting for the next spot, she's super mean and angry and has a killer forearm, and even busts out Gail's eat-defeat. But nothing works and Ember catches her with the eclipse for the win. **1/4

After the match; Kay is not moving in the ring and is clutching her neck as refs and EMT's check on her.

The Revival come down to the ring for a match against the Ealy brothers, the match has been 6 months in the making. BUT THE AOP ATTACK THEM ON THE STAGE :lmaolmao:lmao The Revival then bail through the crowd so the AoP takes their frustrations out on them.

I swear the Ealy's must be 2 of the worse wrestlers of all time, cause they've made two appearances and both times been jumped pre-bell.

Backstage: GM Regal is with Ember Moon, he books Ember vs. Asuka at TakeOver Orlando.

Earlier today: Tom sat down with OhNo at the PC. He asks how it feels to be back for the first time in less than 4 years away, Ohno says great but a little weird, he was here when it was an empty warehouse and to be here now is surreal. Tom brings up his world title match next week, Ohno says he's wrestled all around the world and wrestling was the first thing he was ever good at. But being here was the first time he ever had doubts, and when he was here the first time he never had a shot. So he has to go through Bobby to remove that doubt and become champion. Tom brings up if he wins he gets to headline TakeOver Orlando Mania weekend.

Live via Satellite, Tom asks Roode on his thoughts for the match next week. Roode says he doesn't care what Ohno had to say. He did what he said he would do, and as champion, he has a responsibility to mold NXT into his vision. He asks if he wants his champion to look like him or a long haired dirty hippy from the '70s like Ohno? The fate of NXT is in his hands, and he will be damned if Ohno ruins it.

TJ Perkins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Nigel does a wonderful job hyping both men's path and all the years they've gone back, and if it was any other two I would be into it. They start off slow with both guys playing it cautious not trying to make a blunder or rush into something. The match picks up a ton once they start getting into counters and Nakamura kneeing the shit out of TJ. TJ goes after the knee a couple of times, but it's Nakamura so he doesn't sell, which makes me fell WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT! OF THAT INJURY ANGLE SHIT THEY DID FOR 3 WEEKS?!?!?! They begin trading moves and submission attempts to fill time until Nakamura hits the Kinshasa with the "hurt" knee for the win. **1/4

Regal books Nakamura vs. Roode/OhNo at Orlando.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Nakamura should only have concussion injury angles since he wouldn't have to try and sell those

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 239
March 15th, 2017

The Ealy Brothers vs. The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)
AoP win via awesome death.

Ellering gets on the mic post-match, he says the Revival are the next name on his book of destruction, they claim to be the best tag team in the world. But he created the algorithm of tag wrestling and his AoP are soon to be a dynasty. DIY come down to the ring, Ciampa mocks Ellering and Gargano says he doesn't know what algorithm, but he does know they can beat them. And if it wasn't for the Revival they would be here 2-time champs. My kids come out next, Dash says at San Antonio they sat and watched their titles changed hands. There are 3 things in sports, you don't bench Tom Brady, you don't sit Michael Jordan in the 4th and THE REVIVAL DO NOT WATCH FROM HOME! Dawson says it doesn't matter who Ellering managed in the past, they are the greatest tag team of all time. Jack. Regal comes out and books a 3-Way elimination match for TakeOver Orlando.

Pretty cool Asuka video package airs.

Macey Estrella vs. Nikki Cross (w/SAnitY)
Macey is Lacey Evans, she's doing the same gimmick she's been doing her whole NXT run just without the name. Not much to write about here, Cross does her psyco beatdown and Lacey is still new, so it's not great. Cross ends it with 5 straight Swinging Fisherman's Neckbreaker, or as she likes to call it the Purge. *3/4

After the match, Jose and Tye attack Sanity from the back, but again the numbers are too much for them and they get laid out again.

FADE TO BLACK~!

Recap of Billie Kay's injury from last week plays again, Andrea is at the PC and tries to get an update on Kay's injury but in the background. Almas barges past HoHo Lun and they get into but Oney Larkin comes over to save that Ho.

Backstage: Oney tells Kayla he stood up to Almas cause he doesn't like bullies, and he should try to bully him. FUCK YEAH! Almas/Oney III :mark:

Next Week: Sanity vs. Roddy, Tye, Jose.

Backstage: Andrea asks OhNo how he's feeling for his upcoming match, OhNo says he's gonna bring the NXT title home and then they can talk about Sucess and failers.

Backstage: Andrea is with NXT Champion, Bobby Roode. She goes to ask a question but Roode cuts him off and says Ohno is a failer he proved it here once and he will prove it again. And show why this is his NXT.

NXT World Championship: Kassius OhNo vs. Bobby Roode
Off rip, I marked huge for the backstage interviews before the wrestlers make their entrance, sometimes tripsgod really gets me. All I want in main event title matches is the backstage walks, and or the pre-match interviews before the entrances. Now if they do both. I'm prob gonna fap. It's sad that Hero let himself go, and trips don't respect fat so he has him wear these hilarious super tight NBA adjace shirts to cover him up. Just let the belly out. This gets 15 minutes and it has this tremendous old school feel, say what you want about Roode like you don't understand his gimmick or he's not in his prime like 2012. But the booking of him has that old school Flair, where you can plug him in against anyone and it works angle wise. Ohno dominates early and Roode busts out the main event bumping, Roode takes over during the beak and goes after the neck and throat area, its lots of ground and pound, clubbing blows softening the neck for the Glorious DDT. Ohno more so sells exhaustion and wear and tear instead of neck pains. It goes on for quite a while before Ohno makes the big comeback, he hits the rolling big boot for two but takes too long deciding on his next move so Roode gets the knees up on the back senton, and follows up with the backstabber for two. They begin exchanging near falls towards the end, Ohno counters the DDT into a killer elbow, but just like at San Antonio Roode the momentum sends him to the floor stopping a pinfall from happening. Ohno brings him back in and hits the senton, but Roode is able to kick out. OhNo then goes for an oklahomoa roll up but Roode ueses his momentum to send Ohno throat first into the top rope and finishes him off with the Glorious DDT for the win. If Roode's heat segment was a little better, and not so dry this would have been a lot higher. **3/4

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 240
March 22nd, 2017

Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas
This again rules a shit-ton, Oney is prepared and takes the fight to Almas early which forces Almas to ditch all the cocky shit and it forces him to turn up the violence. They go back and forth trading big moves and nasty strikes for the first 5 minutes or so until Almas counters a crossbody to the floor and drops Oney with a powerslam to take over. Almas doesn't fully commit to working the back, more does stuff to the back, head, neck whatever he feels like doing to feel time. That's always been one of the issues I've had with him. Oney has an awesome comeback hurling his body around as a weapon, with no remorse or regrets it's great. He hits the half and half for two, Oney tries to get him up for the half and half off the top but Almas blocks it they begin just stiffing the fuck out of one another until Almas hits the double knees followed by the hammerlock DDT for the win. AWESOME TV MATCH! ***1/4

K8qcn8W.gif

Backstage: DIY are talking about sacrifice and life on the indies, before their road to the tag titles. It's the same promo they did in the Revival build now they just add the tag title win and loss to it.

hra4JxG.gif

Priscilla Zuniga vs. Asuka
ASUKA CONTINUES TO BE THE GREATEST WRESTLER ON THIS ROSTER, BEFORE THE MATCH SHE GRABS A MIC AND SAYS "EMBER MOON THIS IS YOUR FATE" AND HITS A SICK SPINKICK to start the match, she then proceeds to destroy this jobber for a few minutes before locking in the Asuka Lock for the win. All the stars.

eQavGew.gif
ygdfI6R.gif

Asuka yells in Japanese and ends it by saying “No Eclipse.”

Backstage: Dash and his amazing beard says there is a reason they are called the Revival, it's not just a catchy name, it's because they've studied the greats and backed up everything they said they were gonna do. Dawson says yeah we're better than everyone else ever, and they do it for the money. No one grinds as hard as them, not DIY none one and at Orlando, they cement their legacy.

A pretty cool 6 minutes Roode/Nakamura video package airs.

Backstage: Kayla is with team Tye-Strong-Jo, Jose says Sanity likes to play the numbers games, Roddy cuts in and says now that he's healthy they can't play the numbers game I guess Nikki is dead? Tye says Sanity will find out why you don't play the numbers game with a perfect 10 :lmao who writes this stuff :lmao

WWE.com exclusive, Dasha catches OhNo as he's leaving the building after his match last week, she asks how he plans on rebounding. Ohno says he didn't anticipate starting his 2nd run here with a loss. SUDDENLY, ELIAS WALKS PAST SINGING "CRASH AND BURN, THE TITLE IS NOT FOR YOU" Ohno then challenges him to a match, Elias says Ohno doesn't belong here. Ohno then ups the match to a loser leave town match :mark:

Tom Phillips announces that Alister Black makes his debut at TakeOver Orlando against Andrade “Cien” Almas.

Backstage: Kayla asks Almas for his thoughts on his match, Almas says he will make Black believe in "EL IDOLO"

SAnitY (w/Nikki Cross) vs. Roderick Strong, No Way Jose, and Tye Dillinger
Weird match, the faces pretty much control 80% with Sanity getting little pieces of offense in, mostly EY and Wolfe. Dain stays on the apron for the most part and only gets in to be the "difference maker" Strong does his usual awesome combo killa hot tag stuff leading to the match breaking down, and the ref calls for the bell cause no one left the ring after a 5 count. smh. **

After the match, everyone continues to fight and it leads to Tye beating up EY, but Cross hopes on his back. BUT THAT LEADS TO THE DEBUT OF RUBY RIOT! And she makes the save for team Tye-Strong-Jo who clean house to end the show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 241
March 29th, 2017

Johnny Gargano (w/Tommaso Ciampa) vs. Dash Wilder (w/Scott Dawson) vs. Akam (w/Rezar & Paul Ellering)
Angle match that goes on for quite a while, Akam chills on the floor and watches Gargano/Dash for a bit, but as soon as he gets involved my kids leave during the break so Akam/Gargano work for a bit. It's good because Gargano works best as the lovable underdog babyface working from the bottom. The match ends when, Rezar and Ciampa fight on the floor, and Akam hits the powerbomb but Dawson holds Akam's leg and Dash runs from the back and covers for the win. **

Tonight: Asuka/Moon contract signing.

FADE TO BLACK~!

Mike Marshall & Johnathan Ortagun vs. Heavy Machinery
Brutal squash for the big guys.

In the back, GM Regal conducts the contract signing between Asuka and Ember, he says he's been looking forward to this for a long time. And Asuka openly laughs at this :lmao Ember says she knows who Asuka is, and knew when she got to NXT that this war would be inevitable. But, lately, she's seen a change in her and let the success get to her head. She warns her as her fate in becoming the greatest nxt champion of all time, her fate is to dethrone her. Asuka says she knows who Ember is, and she knows she's not ready. Ember says she's been ready for a long time.....And Asuka laghts in her face again before leaving.

A different 5 minute Roode/Nakamura video package airs.

Sanity vs. Roddy, Tye, Jose & Ruby has been added to TakeOver.

Loser leaves town match: Kassius OhNo vs. Elias Samson
Solid match, Ohno gets the better early until Elias shoves him into the ringpost from the apron. He works the head and neck, following the same gameplan as Roode so it makes sense and his finisher is a swinging neckbreaker, but unlike Roode, Elias doesn't have enough stuff to fill time. He is getting better, but he's not even close to what he will become in 2018. Ohno strikes his way back into it for some near falls. Elias tries to use the ropes for a pin, but the ref stops the count. Ohno then blocks the drift away and hits the roaring elbow for the win. *3/4

NXT fans chanted “Drift away!” as Elias tried to avoid being dragged off by security, so, Ohno smashes his guitar as he was being removed from the ringside.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

dLuF80o.png

NXT TakeOver: Orlando
April 1st, 2017
Amway Center: Orlando, Florida

The show opens with Trips doing his usual spotlight fuckery, but this time he's not in the ring and it's over the Sound system.

A pretty cool video package airs from when NXT first started in Orlando to now.

Earlier Today; Sanity attacks Jose during an Axxess house show, he gets stretchered out. Nigel then announces that Regal has allowed Roddy and co to find a replacement if they can.

SAnitY vs. Tye Dillinger, Ruby Riot, Roderick Strong & Kassius OhNo
Kayfabe wise it's pretty smart to get Ohno, he can go weight for weight with Dain, him wearing the Kings adjace over the magic is pretty funny. Hilarious spot, Wolfe tries to shows off his air fighting, but Ohno walks over to him and straight decks him in the jaw :lmao EY then distracts OhNo allowing Wolfe to sucker punch him back and to give Sanity brief control. Roddy gets a dope mid-match hot tag and cleans house, but he gets too distracted in trying to run a 69 combo hit that Wolf comes from behind and drops him with a German to take over again. Heat is fine, Dain who is still the greenest of the 3 guys, has the best cause he does the new hybrid big man, so he leaves his feet with crazy high impact strikes and powermoves. Wolfe is fine too, and EY is just EY. Tye gets a really good hot tag too, as the match breaks down. The woman stays out of the way and fight on the floor so the men can do dives and shit. They then move on to everyone coming in to hit a big move, but Dain hits Tye with the Ulster Plantation for the win. **1/4

kpJCfhc.gif

Edge & Beth Phoenix are in the crowd.

Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black
I just want to say I put Black's theme music in my top 5 NXT theme songs of all time, actually, right now it's #2 behind Asuka's. Undisputed Era at 3. Awesome opening minute with both guys trying to out flash and 1up the other. Black has some awesome unorthodox strikes, mostly kicks but Almas takes over and does his usual cocky stuff before finding that opening and begins working the arm but it doesn't really go anywhere outside a single armbar, Black's comeback is dope and they start going back and forth exchange strikes before doing the big moves or submissions for near falls. Almas keeps going back to the arm, but Black doesn't sell it for a single second. Almas hits the double knees, but Black counters out of the hammerlock DDT so Almas hits a modified straightjacket suplex for two. But, Black comes back with some nasty stiff kicks and ends it with the black mass for the win. Good match with some minor flaws, looking forward to seeing the 2018 rematch now. ***

During ring introductions, GM Regal debuts the brand new Tag Team title belts.

Triple Threat Tag Team Elimination match for the NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Revival vs. #DIY vs. The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)
Awesome opening, with DIY and The Revival having to put aside their hatred for one another and join up to do the divide and conquer game. DIY fight Akam, while my kids beat up Rezar in the ring. They do some stuff, but it's not enough for me to believe it's a good idea for them to suddenly turn on one another, like all you did was throw 1 into the steps and 1 into the rails. Rezar comes back and the AoP immediately goes on offense isolating Ciampa, Revival then has a brief segment on Rezar followed by a Gargano run on offense. The match breaks down again, and Gargano goes for a plancha but AoP catch him in mid-air, Ciampa then tries a suicide dive but AOP THROW GARGANO INTO HIM AS HE GOES FOR THE DIVE :mark: The match settles back into AoP dominating Gargano and now it's Ciampa that gets the hot tag, he hits some killer knees and germans for near falls. THE REVIVAL AND DIY THEN TEAM UP TO PUT REZAR THROUGH A TABLE AT RINGSIDE! It's now 4-1, but Akam kills them all :mark: but the Revival blind tag in, Dawson locks in the reverse Indian deathlock, Gargano looks like he wants to beak it up but locks in the Gargano stretch, as Ciampa and Dash try to hold of Rezar but he shoves them into the other two to break up the hold. Awesome moment Dawsome and Gargano team up to hit the superkick/knee combo on Akam, then Dash and Ciampa team up to hit the shatter machine but both AoP guys roll to the floor. I love that they keep turning on one another because the hate is that strong, but they have to keep going back to teaming because AoP won't stay down. They hit Ciampa with the last chapter and eliminate DIY. FUCK YEAH! SUPER BABYFACE REVIVAL STUFF HAPPENS FOR A FEW MINUTES, They go for the deathlock stomp gimmick but Akam shoves him off and they hit my kids with the double powerbombs for the win. ***1/4

8XiBF4x.gif

During ring introductions, GM Regal debuts a new woman's championship. RIP Brad Maddox's cum stained belt.

NXT Woman's Championship: Ember Moon vs. Asuka
Fast paced counter wrestling to start, Asuka tries her usual mind games but it doesn't work so, she tries to out quick, skill and hit her but Moon stays with her the whole time and doesn't fall for anything Asuka throws at her, so, Asuka has to resort to short-handed tricks and her superior striking to gain the early advantage. Moon has the Asuka lock scouted and rolls through before hitting a killer forearm to take over. Ember hits a sweet springboard dive to the floor, before rolling her back in, it looks like she wants to go for the eclipse but Asuka moves out of the way and begins kicking the shit out of her to take control back. She goes back to the Asuka lock attempt, but Ember fights it off with a Vader-esq backdrop, dropping all her weight onto Asuka to break the hold. They move into these awesome complicated counter spots, Moon hits the exploder for two, she has Asuka set up for the eclipse but ASUKA SHOVES THE REF INTO THE ROPES CROTCHING Moon, she then quickly follows up with the buzzsaw head kick for the win. ***

Drew McIntyre is in the front row.

For Roode's special TakeOver entrance this month, he only has a piano intro. But he does debut this awesome all white/black robe.

During ring introductions, GM Regal debuts the new world title.

NXT World Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode
Nakamura comes out the aggressor here to start the match, but Roode takes over when she shoves Nakamura off the apron sending him shoulder/neck first into the rails. Roode does his neck work, it's again solid, like everything makes sense but its far too long. Like no reason this match needed 28 minutes. But when you're trips long lost Canadian brother, and your gimmick is trips 2003 lite you get to do anything you want. Naka sells at first which is a huge shocker, but as the heat furthers he just stops and by the time its time for the comeback everything is just forgotten about. Match again picks up once they begin trading near falls, further showing 28 minutes for these two is insane and unneeded. After 15 minutes, Roode goes after the knee when he avoids the Kinshasa and chop blocks the knee out, he works it and its really good, but of course, it is because he takes pieces of Flair/Bret/Hunter knee work before locking in the figure-four, but Nakamura reverses it so the ref breaks the hold. LOL Nakamura gets up straight away and just begins kicking Roode before attempting an armbar for a minute. Nakamura goes for the running knee in the corner, but Roode avoids and Naka hits the top turnbuckle and does some of the best selling I've seen from him, during his whole shitty NXT run. Like now you wanna sell, limp around and use the other knee. Naka keeps trying to end it but Roode rolls to the floor, to avoid the Kinshasa again, so he forces Nakamura to expend more energy rolling him back in. He then waits for Naka to climb in and he blatantly kicks the middle rope into Nakamura's dick right in front of the ref and hits the glorious DDT but Nakamura kicks out. Roode picks up he ringbell out of frustration, He then dares he ref to DQ him. But Drake ain't no bitch and takes the bell away from him, that allows Nakamura to hit the head kick, but as he goes for the Kinshasa, Roode counters into the double a spinebuster for two. Roode catches Nakamura charging with a front chop block, and finishes him off with a tornado glorious DDT for the win. Again this is decent but would be so much better if they cut the middle portion of the match and went straight to the knee work. **3/4