Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Shinsuke Nakamura
NXT World Tag Team Champions: #DIY
NXT Woman's Champion: Asuka

NXT Episode 227
December 21st, 2016
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

Billie Kay (w/Peyton Royce) vs. Daria Barenato
Garbage, Kay wins. Kay says that is all the woman's fate if they cross them, and Asuka says there is no competition, but when she finds the guts to face them. They will be right here waiting.

John Ortagun & Ant Bowens vs. The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)
SQUASH! They debut the nasty powerbomb of death spot that KO's one of the jobbers. Nasty bump. Ref calls for the bell. Paul says all roads lead to San Antonio and they don't care if it's DIY or Revival, they're on a seak and destroy mission to become tag team champions.

oYZfD3l.gif

Backstage: Dasha asks Asuka for her thoughts on what Peyton and Billie said earlier, Asuka says those girls are no competition and they need to be careful. Nikki Cross is then watching off the set and starts laughing before she walks off.

Video package hyping up tonights 4-way airs.

rCw7YeG.gif

look at this shit, yall​

Fatal 4-Way Elimination #1 Contenders Match: Bobby Roode vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Roderick Strong vs. Tye Dillinger
This gets 20+ minutes, Roddy and Almas tear shit up early so, of course, WWE cuts some of it to sell some straight to DVD bum ass movie that no one cares or saw. Roddy/Roode is also good, but they don't get to show off 1/4 of what they'll get to do in 2017. Roode feels Strong is the weak link so he tries to isolate him and knocks the others off the apron, all 4 eventually get in and they do the tower of doom spot, how original. Tye/Almas have a nice interaction, but Roddy cuts Almas off with a sick kick and eliminates him.

Roddy and Tye do some things, but Tye who's done pretty much nothing all match hits the Tye Breaker and eliminates Roddy :( Cause the people have been clamoring for Roode/Tye II UGH! At least they cut all the filler of the Toronto match and go right into the final stretch with Tye getting a series of near falls, and Roode getting desperate. Tye hits the Tye Breaker but Roode kicks out, Tye the goes for it off the top but Roode slips out and crotches Tye up top, Tye takes a back bump off and Roode hits the Glorious DDT for the win. **3/4

Reactions: Chris and Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 228
December 28th, 2016
Osaka, Japan

2 Hour special, they air the Osaka show in full.

Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas
Lowkey dream match that I didn't even know I wanted, Almas doesn't take Oney serious as Oney has barely had any TV time this year. They start off slow with both men working the headlock, but Almas breaks free and uses his feet to break Oney down. He does more of his cocky stuff before going back to the headlock. Oney has a fine comeback before they start elbowing the shit out of one another. Oney hits a half and half exploder and goes for the running uppercut but Almas avoids and Oney takes the upside down bump, Almas follows with the running knees for two, he picks him up for the hammerlock DDT but Oney fights out and hits HALF AND HALF OFF THE TOP FOR THE BIG WIN. **1/2

Liv/Aliyah vs. Peyton/Billie happen, but I skipped it.

NXT World Tag Team Championships: Team Japan (Akira Tozawa & Tajiri) vs. #DIY
I don't remember this at all, and it's the only reason I'm watching this show. Gargano/Tozawa do some DGUSA quick stuff, tons of counters and tricks. Ciampa/Tajiri is fine, Tajiri uses his experience to counter the younger guy and tries to keep him grounded by going after the arm, but Tozawa can't capitalize and DIY takeover working his arm now. This is a very Japanese style with two big babyface teams going back and forth neither team able to control for long periods of time, tons of feeling out and slow paced offense gearing up to that big finish. Tajiri's kicks are still on point as he gets a hot tag run, the match breaks down and Tozawa has a couple of nice middle rope suicide dives. Before settling into a mini-Japan run of offense before the Gargan hot tag, DIY then goes on another brief run before the match officially breaks down and DIY hit the running knee/superkick combo on Tozawa for the win. **3/4

NXT Woman's Championship: Nia Jax vs. Asuka
They again really have a good match and have good chemistry but 15 minutes is way too long. Nia has some awesome power stuff, but still, has trouble filling the gaps so it's lots of standing or choking before the next sequence. Asuka does a tremendous job fighting from the bottom in a position we haven't seen from her maybe ever, or at least since the first Nia match at The End. They do some really awesome Nia cut-offs as she's not the game woman she was early in the year, so she has Asuka scouted. E.G. she avoids an Asuka kick and hangs foot in the topes and pulls Asuka by the hair to the match, then about a minute later Asuka goes for the flying ass to the floor but Nia catches her in mid-air and throws her into the ring apron. Asuka out of desperation locks in the armbar but feels Nia rolling so she switches it to the triangle choke, and again Nia is too powerful and fights out. Powerbomb gets two, Asuka avoids the corner charge and hits a flurry of elbows and kicks to set up a German. DEATH KICK FINALLY PUTS NIA DOWN! **1/2

Naka/Joe then airs, but fuck that match and fuck this year.

Time to download Red Dead II.

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tajiri's last appearance :pour

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
MOTY List

Bobby Roode vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Roderick Strong vs. Tye Dillinger - December 21st, 2016 **3/4
MoJo Rawley vs. Samoa Joe - August 10th, 2016 **3/4
Team Japan (Akira Tozawa & Tajiri) vs. #DIY - December 28th, 2016 **3/4
Drew Gulak vs. Hideo Itami - September 14th, 2016 **3/4
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Austin Aries - September 7th, 2016 **3/4
Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn - February 17th, 2016 **3/4
The Hype Bros vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa - June 29th, 2016 **3/4
Bobby Roode vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II **3/4
Nia Jax vs. Asuka - TakeOver: The End **3/4
American Alpha vs. Blake & Murphy - January 27th, 2016 **3/4
Carmella vs. Bayley - February 10th, 2016 **3/4
Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs. TM-61 - May 25th, 2016 **3/4
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Cedric Alexander - November 16th, 2016 ***
Samoa Joe vs. Finn Bálor - TakeOver: Dallas ***
Asuka vs. Bayley - TakeOver Dallas ***
Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss - July 6th, 2016 ***
Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. The Revival - RoadBlock ***
Bayley vs. Asuka - Brooklyn II ***1/4
American Alpha vs. The Revival - TakeOver: Dallas ***3/4

TOP 5

The Revival vs. American Alpha - TakeOver: The End ***3/4
American Alpha vs. The Revival - July 6th, 2016 ****
#DIY vs. The Revival - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II ****
Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - TakeOver: Dallas ****1/4
#DIY vs. The Revival - TakeOver: Toronto ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Awards and shit

TakeOver's
4. The End
3. Toronto
2. Dallas
1. Brooklyn II

Feuds
I guess I'll give it to DIY/Revival, not giving it to Joe/Finn even though I liked it because of Joe, and NO WAY IN HELL JOE/Naka would get it. Joe/MoJo ruled for the 2 weeks as stated. Revival/Alpha was cool, but it was never presented as a real feud. Just two amazing teams trying to prove who was the best. Same like Bayley/Asuka but that was about respect.

Tag Team Of The Year
Two team race once Alpha got the call in June. But just look at the MOTY top 6 NO SHOCKER!

qLb4f6y.gif

The Revival

Wrestler Of The Year

No wrestler really deserved this, Joe was trash for 6/10ths of the year outside of the 2 great showings he had, 1 in the Finn matches, and that awesome MoJo 2 week feud. He was pretty great on promos tho, Nakamura was god awful and I swear if I didn't see his NJPW 2014/2015 years I would think he was top 5 all time woat. Ember is higher on the ranks and she came in, in August and had nothing but showcase matches. Bayley prob would have repeated if it wasn't for the call-up so the winner goes to AND HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT THE LYRICS OF HER SONG WAS "Fire and Ice" but it's "From Far and Wide" :lmao Anyway winner is.

Dk2fFaU.gif

Asuka

And she didn't even have the best year, wrestled maybe once a month on TV, twice if it was TakeOver week, and most of her matches were squashes but every time it was enjoyable.

-------------------------------------------
Fucking terrible year, NXT took a huge step back probably 5 steps. Men's singles were piss poor all year with Joe, Naka and Finn being the only three and they all really sucked. Joe had his moments but he had more bad days than good. The woman's division started off so well with Bayley, Asuka, Nia, Eva, and Emma but once the call-ups happen it just left Asuka. They then did this Blue thing where they kept the best wrestler on the roster off tv 3 of the 4 weeks a month for them to build girls that are not good, and not ready. And for some reason, they also kept Ember off TV despite her being the 2nd best woman's wrestler and prob 3rd best when they should have been building her up. Now the tag division that pretty much kept my interest, Revival, Alpha and DIY all killed it on the TakeOvers, that's when they really got to display their talents. Because for some reason, Trips wanted all the shitty teams on TV and don't even get me started on how badly they fucked up the Dusty classic AGAIN! But this is still better than pre-takeover NXT. It really got awful after Brooklyn, well let me not say that because they had an awesome 3 week stretch of 1 really good tag match but then it seemed to all die once they brought the dusty classic back and they made the whole show and new feuds revolve around that.

2013 > 2015 > 2014 > 2016 > 2012

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Classics

9. American Alpha vs. The Revival - July 6th, 2016 ****
8. Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro - August 21th, 2013 ****
7. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks - NXT TakeOver Brooklyn ****
6. #DIY vs. The Revival - NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II ****
5. Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - TakeOver: Dallas ****1/4
4. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley - NXT TakeOver: RESPECT! ****1/4
3. Sami Zayn vs. Adrian Neville - TakeOver: R-Evolution ****1/2
2. #DIY vs. The Revival - TakeOver: Toronto ****1/2
1. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro - ARrival ****3/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No Eva Marie matches :wedone

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 229
January 4th, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Same deal as the Osaka show, they air this in full. But, IDC about it.

The Revival) defeated Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli (11:04)
Buddy Murphy & Tye Dillinger defeated Bobby Roode & Elias Samson (11:19)
Ember Moon defeated Billie Kay and Liv Morgan in a Triple Threat Match (8:25)
DIY (c) defeated TM-61 to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship (15:43)
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) defeated Samoa Joe in a Steel cage match to retain the NXT Championship (19:25)

The only reason I didn't watch my kids match was that I've seen it and it's arguably their worse match in NXT.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 230
January 11th, 2017

TONIGHT: REVIVAL/DIY 4 :mark:

Footage airs of Asuka walking to the building when Billie and Peyton attack her in the parking lot. They slam her into one of the NXT vans and pour water over her head.

Billie Kay & Peyton Royce vs. Sarah Bridges & Macey Evans
A showcase for the Aussies, Peyton keeps it together for the most part. Sarah has a meh hot tag but Billie rakes her eyes and Peyton slams her head on Billie's knee for the win. *1/2

After the match; Peyton asks Asuka if they are competition now? Billie says learned the hard way, that they are the most dominant force in NXT and her title belongs to them. Asuka comes out looking for a fight but the numbers catch up to her until Nikki Cross makes a save kinda. She runs them off BUT THEN HITS A DROPKICK OFF THE TOP TO ASUKA.

During the break, Auska is slow to get up in the ring and attacks the refs.

In the back, Kayla tries to talk to Cross, but Cross cuts her off and says she's gonna take the NXT Woman's Championship. TAKE! TAKE! TAKE!

Jonathan Cruz vs. Elias Samson
Awesome Elias showing here, it's his best to date. He beats this shit out of this Cruz guys and to Cruz' credit he bumps his fucking ass off for all of it like it's one of the best jobber showcases I've seen this whole project. Drift away ends it.

Recap of DIY/Revival from Brooklyn II airs.

Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Oney Lorcan
FUCK YEAH! REMATCH! Almas continues his super cocky stuff like he was the on that won their first match, which pisses Oney off and destroys him with a slap. Almas takes back over with a backbreaker/clubbing blow to the chest and follows up with a stiff slap of his own. Almas targets the arm, but it's kinda just something to do and it really goes nowhere as Oney fights off an armbar, to make a comeback. BUT FUCK ALL THAT ALMAS HITS SOME KILLER ELBOWS, BUT ONEY COUNTERS 1 AND HITS THE ALABAMA SLAMMA INTO THE CORNER. Almas begs off, but kicks his knee out and hits the hammerlock DDT for the win. **3/4

In the ring, Dasha asks Almas what can we expect from him in 2017? He speaks in Spanish before saying this is his dream, no more mistake. Oney is strong. Oney was the first, Roddy is 2nd.

Recap of Revival/DIY from Toronto airs.

Earlier Today, Tom Phillips sat down with NXT World Champion, Nakamura. Tom asks how it feels to finally be done with Joe. Nakamura says the matches were tough, but he's glad to still be champion. Tom brings up the 4-way and asks his thoughts on Roode's win. Naka calls Roode one of the best but says he's not strong or king and he will not be champion. Tom hands him a ticket that Roode gave him, it's Roode's TakeOver Dallas ticket. Naka smiles and the interview just ends.

NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Revival vs. #DIY
IM SO FUCKING HYPE FOR THIS AS I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS, I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY WENT STRAIGHT INTO THE AoP feud for the titles :mark: Solid opening with the champs getting the better in the early going, but Dash blind tags in and as Gargano is still beating on Dawson. DASH CHOP BLOCKS THE SHIT OUT OF THE KNEE AGAIN :mark: It's my kids working a knee, so it rules, tons of nasty holds, clubbing blows and just slamming the knee on all parts of the ring. Gargano sells it well, but it never felt like he put his all into it. The Revival has some great cutoff and this match gets cutoff with 2 breaks at the worse times, but thankfully it never kills the flow of the match. Ciampa's hot tag is fun, tons of strong style throws and striking. The match eventually breaks down, with the Revival hitting a lariat/sunset flip spot for two, they then go for the hart attack but Gargano superkicks Dawson as Ciampa counters and locks in an armbar, but Dawson gets back up to beak up the armbreaker. Awesome callback with Dawson blocking the slingshot spear and goes for the shatter machine like they did at Toronto but Ciampa saw it coming and pushes Dash out of the way. They all begin hurling their bodies around completely destroying ringside. Revival are so good at the little things, like the illigal move to set up the big move for a near fall. E.G. Dash hanging up Ciampa so Dawson can hit the DDT for two. The champs fing new life and hit the running knee/superkick combo to both Dash and Dawson as they try to hold one another up and the champs cover for the win. AWESOME SHIT! ***1/2

After the match; DIY celebrate but AoP's music hits, Paul comes out onto the stage............BUT AOP comes through the crowd and attack the champs. They hit the triple powerbomb move and hold up the titles to end the show.

Backstage: Kayla asks Regal for his thoughts, he books AoP/DIY for the NXT tag titles at San Antonio and books Roode/Nakamura contract signing next week. ASUKA THEN BUSTS IN AND DEMANDS HE BOOK HER A TITLE MATCH? Regal asks against who, and she being the NEW FACE OF NXT says "ALL OF THEM"

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 231
January 18th, 2017

Kennedy Lewis vs. Nikki Cross (w/SAnitY)
Cross squash

Backstage: Kayla is with No Way, he says 2017 he's gonna have even more fun in 2017 than he did in 2016, NEW YEAR! SAME ME! That loser Kona comes over and says No Way knows nothing about friendship and asks why he saved Swann and not him. So Jose challenges him to a match next week.

Backstage: Kayla asks what's next for the Revival after their loss last week, Dawson says DIY/AoP should be a 3way, but TM come over to start shit, so Dawson challenges them to a match tonight. He says they don't care about winning, they just want to cripple them :mark:

Roderick Strong vs. Steve Cutler
Roddy does the best he can, he bumps around and makes Steve looks decent. Steve should be doing the smoking Jay Cutler no fucks given gimmick, not some marine core thing that isn't leading anything. Anyway, Roddy makes a comeback and ends it with the sick kick.

Dasha comes out post-match, but Roddy cuts her off and says he doesn't care what Almas had to say, he came here for the NXT World Championship.

Backstage: Kayla asks Ember how she feels being on the outside of the woman's title match at TakeOver, Ember says the Aussies pulled some stings...........BUT UGH! Liv comes over and challenges her to a match.

Tye Dillinger comes down to the ring, he asks what's next and the crowd spoils it by chanting "Royal Rumble & #10" He says he was so close to winning the 4-way, but there's only so many times you can let down the people that's had his back for the past 15 years. But, SAnitY's music hits and they come out, EY says Tye never had it, but he could, he just needs guidance and picks the right path and pick the right friends. Wolfe comes down and hands him one of the SAnitY jackets but Tye throws it to the floor. EY then comes down and says he gets it, sometimes the right decision could be unclear, he knows cause he's been there. 2016, he tried to do it their way but it failed and now he's doing it HIS way. Tye can do it his way too, 2017 could be his year. EY again hands him the jacket and Tye holds it, but EY says he wants Tye to understand HE'S NOT ASKING! Tye then decks him and cleans house on EY and Wolfe but Damo comes from the back and hits the spear on Tye, EY then hands Samo the jacket and he puts it over his shoulder and leaves with them.

TM-61 vs. The Revival
Revival are pissed and go right after Shane's knee, but uncharacteristic they only hit the chop block to kick and stomp away at the body, weird. They hit the Shatter Machine but miss Miller blind tagging in, he cleans up for a bit but they go for the deathlock stomp double team but Miller rolls up Dawson for the win.

After the match; The Revival drop Miller with Shatter Machine and BREAK SHANE'S LEG WITH THE DEATHLOCK/STOMP COMBO :mark:

Roddy/Almas & EY/Tye have now been added to TakeOver San Antonio

GM Regal is in the ring, for our 1st contract signing of the year. Roode comes out first followed by the champion, Roode says this contract signing will not go the norm, there will be no fighting because he can see it in Regal's eyes he needs this money match. He tells Nakamura he knows they've never fully met, but he's followed him for years and tbf he never thought he was really worth his time. Roode then brings up giving him the Dallas ticket last week, he says that was the beginning of the Nakamura era and he saw it first hand. Roode says from that moment on Nakamura made a name for himself, and beaten them all. And he calls him the King of Strong style, but in fact, he has no style. You dance around and do this, whatever that is. Who are you, you only have half a haircut. Nakamura says he knew their passed would cross because Roode looks like a "Shiba Inu" He says as long as he's champion, Roode will never get to change NXT. Roode says everybody fears change and tells him to wake up, this isn't Japan the land of 0 talent :lmao He standing in the ring with a box office draw, the, it factor while he's a joke. Roode says the guys in the back have traded in shorts and flip-flops for suits, even some people in the crowd are slowly wearing suits and trading in their pathetic lifestyle to be more like him, the final change will be when he wins the NXT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! And when he wins, IT WILL FINALLY BE GLOORRRR........But Nakamura stops him mid-word and says Bobby looks great, but at TakeOver he will not be taking his title., and he will kick his head off his shoulders and it will be GLORIOUS!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Beginning of the end for the Revival.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
United Kingdom Champion: Tyler Bate

NXT Episode 232
January 25th, 2017

Ember Moon vs. Liv Morgan
Story of the match is Liv has gotten "better" since the Asuka squash and she feels she's on Ember's level, but kayfabe and real-life sense she really isn't, it lasts longer than 40 seconds or however long the Asuka match is, but that's because Asuka is a killer and Ember lacks that killer instinct. Goes about 4 minutes, until Ember hits the eclipse for the win. *1/2

Backstage: Kayla asks Almas about Roddy not sounding worried when he called him out, Almas says when he sees him he will kick him in his face. Roddy comes over and says he's not a hard man to find and dares him, but Almas leaves and Roddy turns his back which allows Almas to jump him from behind. EL IDOLO~!

A video package hyping up DIY/AoP airs.

No Way Jose vs. Kona Reeves
NOPE!

Dasha tries to talk to No Way post-match, but Elias comes out and sings a song about No Way being a dancing man with no soul. No Way cuts him off mid-verse to say it sucks and sings his song, JUST DRIFT AWAY!

Chris Atkins vs. Eric Young (w/SAnitY)
Decent EY squash.

EY says Tye made his choice and it was the wrong one, he then nods and SAnitY attack this jobber.

Footage airs of Shane Throne undergoing ACL surgery from the Revival attack last week, he'll be out 7-9 Months.

A video package for Nakamura/Roode airs.

Dasha joins GM Regal in the ring, so the woman can talk UGH! The Aussies come out first and pretty much cut the same promo for the past month. They run the division, they will win the title, blah blah blah. Cross comes out next, but Regal has to hold her back. Asuka then runs out which forces the Aussies to bail, Nikki and Asuka go face to face so the Aussie try to attack them but that backfires and refs and security try to stop them but Asuka beat up 8 dudes single-handedly. She then drops Nikki with a spinkick, but security pulls her to the floor. Cross then dives on top of them all as the Aussies watch on from the stage in shock that someone hit a crossbody?!?!?!

Terrible go home show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
United Kingdom Champion: Tyler Bate

6RJosF4.jpg

NXT TakeOver: San Antonio
January 28th, 2017
Freeman Coliseum: San Antonio, Texas

Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young (w/SAnitY)
EY starts the match off by throwing his jacket at Tye's feet like he'll give him 1 more chance to join them which is hilarious, and makes me think has that ever worked before? This is fine, its played as the teacher vs. the student, the kid vs. vet. So Tye comes out on fire and EY bumps around until EY goes to the eye and now named Killian Dain attacks Tye on the floor with a crossbody to give his leader control. EY does his EY head and neck work, it's fairly decent but EY has never done it for me outside that awesome comedy bumping machine he was in 2005, This leader/cult main event style EY is just meh. Tye's comeback is really good here, like really good tones of energy, high spots and he busts out some new things showing his teacher you showed me a lot, but here are some things I picked up away from you. Sanity keeps getting involved until Tye takes them out twice, but that distraction allows EY to hit the wheelbarrow neckbreaker for the win. **1/2

Samoa Joe is BACK! And is sitting in the crowd.

Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Roderick Strong
Almas has ditched this funky attire design and is now rocking these all leather joints, he still has his hat and blazer tho. Good feeling out to start, Almas does his usual cocky stuff, while Roddy is all business and after the first chop and backbreaker Almas realizes his in a fight and starts taking it seriously. Almas doesn't really stick to a body part as he would go for the arm but one he doesn't get the armbar he drops it, same with the back like he does moves but it's not his focus as he would rather exchange strokes. Roddy is Roddy, so he sells it all during the little work and has a great comeback, his strikes all sound nasty cause Roddy is the best at the slap thigh sound. He rakes over briefly with a backbreaker, but Almas comes right back with a straightjacket suplex for two. Nasty exchange of stiff elbows and knees to the face, that Roddy wins and he even still sells the arm :mark: Almas sees it and locks in a sweet looking double arm stretch but Roddy reaches the ropes, the match ends when Almas goes for the moonsault but Roddy crotches him before hitting the backbreaker on the top turnbuckle and follows up a minute later with the sick kick for the win. Good stuff, I really hope we get a rematch later this review. ***

vk36ZqN.gif

Michael "P.S." Hayes is sitting in the crowd.

NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Authors Of Pain (w/Paul Ellering) vs. #DIY
The champs use quickness to stay out of the reach of AoP and do the stick and move game which works for the first 3-4 minutes and really rules. It's the most trouble AoP have been in, more than the Alpha match and the other match they did it in, I think it was the TM match but I don't remember now. Akam eventually catches Gargano off-guard and drops him face first onto the steel rails at ringside to take over. They work Gargano's back, but it's Gargano so his selling is nonexistent. He just lays on the mat or moves in slow-mo and ever once grabs it. Ciampa does his thing during the hot tag, big power moves and knee strikes as the match breaks down. They both hit the double slingshot spear for a great near fall, Akam then murks them both and THEY BUST OUT TRIPLE X's POWERPLEX Finisher :mark: but that only gets two, thankfully in 2018, it's now their finisher instead of the Russian Legsweep/Lariat combo. They do the double submission, that won them the match in Toronto, but Razar powers out of Gargano's stretch and throws him on top of Ciampa to break up the armbar. The champs maintain control with striking wearing AoP out until they hit the double powerbomb spot, and hit the last chapter for the win. Really awesome stuff. ***

SETH ROLLINS HOPS THE RAILS...............HE GRABS A MIC AND SAYS THE SHOW IS TAKEOVER RIGHT? WELL, THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTED. HE KNOWS HE'S WATCHING AND IS CALLING HIS ASS OUT RIGHT NOW. Hunter comes out onto the stage in his grey suit but instead calls for security to remove Seth, but he beats them up runs up the ramp, but more guys in black hold him back and drag him to the back.

NXT Woman's Championship: Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce & Billie Kay vs. Asuka
This is a thing, it's one of the foregone conclusion bookings, so they have a tough time building any suspense. I did like them teasing Nikki/Asuka a bunch in the early going with the Aussies picking their spots just to get killed at the hands of Asuka. Cross controls the pace for a few moments, and it got me wondering what's she's like in bed. But I only want here if she's doing the crazy motions and facial expressions like in her wrestling, does that make me weird? Anyway, the Aussies and Cross brawl up to the commentary table by the stage. And they hit a double suplex off the announce table, onto a side table right next to it. The Aussies quickly, run back to ringside and take turns beating on Asuka with neither of them getting the pin and with the other not caring who gets the pin either. Thankfully, it's no more than a minute and a half until Asuka makes a comeback and drops Royce with the KO kick for the win. *3/4

United Kingdom champion Tyler Bate is in the crowd.

Roode's TakeOver special entrance this time is just a bunch of thots in matching purple escorting him to the ring like he's prime Flair.

C3Tik5iVYAAq9cE.jpg

NXT World Championship: Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
This is the longest World title match in NXT history at 27 minutes, and prob 3rd longest match behind the Bayley/Sasha ironwoman and that Sami/Joe TV match. Solid feeling out to start, they don't chain wrestle or anything but Roode does a fine job at keeping Naka grounded to avoid the knees and striking. Roode controls the majority of this, but he really takes over once he catches Nakamura going for a boot off the middle apron and shoves him to the outside with his shoulder and neck hitting the outside of the ring apron. Roode targets it and it's fine, but the longer it goes and it goes for on for quite a while the lesser I become interested. Nakamura does Naka things, where he finally sells for a bit during the heat, but as soon as it's time for any sort of comeback it's like the match just started. Awesome spot, with Roode, having the Kinshasa scouted so he plays dead on the mat which frustrates Nakamura and that catches him off guard allwoing Roode to roll him up for two, that also allows Roode to go on another run on offense before they start trading near falls. Nakamura goes for a middle rope knee again but Roode rolls to the apron. He gets up but is met with a leaping knee anyway. Nakamura holds his leg in pain as it did damage to him too. He rolls Roode inside and hits Kinshasa. but can’t cover because of the now damaged knee. Roode is out but Shinsuke can’t capitalize. A doctor comes in to check on Nakamura and Roode gets up. Nakamura wants to keep going and rolls back in where Roode hits the Glorious DDT. but Nakamura kicks out and Roode is in shock. Roode quickly follows up with a half Boston crab, An EMT, and A-Train come out to check on him. Nakamura then manages to counter but his triangle choke fails and Roode hits another Glorious DDT for the win. Better than I remembered it being to be honest. They could have told the same story with 15-20 minutes though, and they would have cut all the dull middle/early filler out. **3/4

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
In hindsight, Nakamura didn’t have that many “great” NXT matches with the exception of Sami

Reactions: Crippler