Warner Bros might be making less movies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice had a very good first weekend (arguably because so many opening weekend tickets were already ordered before the reviews started rolling in). That was before the second weekend drop of 69 percent, and now Warner Bros appears to be working on damage control and strategies for the future (presuming “make better movies” is not as easy a remedy as it might sound). The not-yet-confirmed news that dominated the cycle this week was the notion that Warner Bros might be looking to produce fewer movies. This is described as being not just a reaction to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but also the disappointing results for other recent releases, like Jupiter Ascending (26 percent on RT), Pan (26 percent), and In the Heart of the Sea (42 percent). If the rumors are true, Warner Bros may instead focus more on three main production paths: their continuing LEGO franchise, their DC Comics movies, and the Harry Potter spinoffs like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (and the already planned sequels). We’re calling this not just a potentially “Rotten Idea,” but really, sort of a shame. Warner Bros has had some critical and box office flops, sure (what studio hasn’t?), but they are also a studio that has recently given us movies like Argo, Godzilla, Interstellar, American Sniper, Creed, and Mad Max: Fury Road. And all of those films might have possibly fallen outside those three pathways to production and release. And it might be that we’re already seeing news that supports this rumor/theory. For example, the news broke this week that Warner Bros has put their adaptation of the manga Death Note into turnaround, and the film from director Adam Wingard (You’re Next) has been picked up by Netflix, the new masters of picking up other studio’s castoffs and dusting them off.

Stupid idea. All studios have flops. How about getting good screenwriters and directors for these films or choose things people want to see not shit.

Do you smell what Tap a Talk is cooking?

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Like Sony had something terrible happen to them and they didn't stop making more movies. Idiots.

Tapatalkin' bitches

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I'm gonna think this is just a silly rumor. Unless they want to miss out on a ton of money, they will keep doing what they're doing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't spend half a billion dollars on movies.

You'd have to make 3x that amount to even make a profit.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Where is this news even from? I'd love to know because it seems like a parody story to me. A quick check on Box Office Mojo shows over 50 movies currently slated for release over the next 4 years from WB, so if that's them cutting down I'd hate to see what happens if they decide to make more!

They also just announced a planned Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe, which hardly seems like a company that's thinking about scaling back production.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I found it on collider.

Edit: double checked it was the NY Post so they could have been mocking them.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Should still scale back on production costs....overspending has never wielded a good product. That and advertising needs a complete overhaul for all studios, that where most of the money goes.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I found it on collider.

Edit: double checked it was the NY Post so they could have been mocking them.

Well that's the problem.