Wade Barrett - How far can he go?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well the Season 1 NXT Final has aired and the results are up on the wwe website so how far do you think the inagural winner can go in WWE?

As the winner of NXT he gets a title shot at a PPV. That is a huge prize for someone so new to WWE but he was far superior to the other NXT rookies, besides Daniel Bryan. The guy has the look, the skill and the aura to be a big star in WWE. He just looks the part whereas a few of the others looked out of place on live tv.

I can't see him winning the title on his first shot, I don't think he will get that much of a push. Obviously getting a title shot on PPV is already a huge push so it won't hurt his character if he loses cleanly. It would be good to see WWE book him along with Jericho a bit or even Regal his fellow Brit. He would be a solid addition to the midcard on either brand and after his title shot would probably be around the IC/US title scene on whatever show he is on.

What do you think about him? How far can he go?

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
I reckon Sir Wade could go all the way to the top.

He has it all, he can wrestle, he can talk, he looks like an arrogant bastard you'd like to punch which helps... the only thing missing is a half decent finisher really, but that could be sorted out easily, maybe if he fell forward doing that slam thing it would look a lot better.

But for now I see him teaming up with Jericho, before turning on Jericho maybe and siding with William Regal, but overall I see big things in the future for Mr. Barrett.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Barrett is awesome I absolutely love the guy and it makes it even more awesome that he is from Manchester so it gives me more reason to Mark out for him. He is the most established rookie on the mic and owns people like Kofi Kingston in terms of quality ect.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I reckon Sir Wade could go all the way to the top.

He has it all, he can wrestle, he can talk, he looks like an arrogant bastard you'd like to punch which helps... the only thing missing is a half decent finisher really, but that could be sorted out easily, maybe if he fell forward doing that slam thing it would look a lot better.

But for now I see him teaming up with Jericho, before turning on Jericho maybe and siding with William Regal, but overall I see big things in the future for Mr. Barrett.

I agree with you that he looks like a natural heel, it is just the way that he acts and carries himself. Teaming him with Jericho to start with seems like the way they will go since he was his mentor and it would be a good way to bring him onto the main roster. I like the idea of him turning on Jericho and then siding with Regal.

I don't mind his current finisher although adding another impact finisher would be a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing him using the F-5 as a finisher.

Barrett is awesome I absolutely love the guy and it makes it even more awesome that he is from Manchester so it gives me more reason to Mark out for him. He is the most established rookie on the mic and owns people like Kofi Kingston in terms of quality ect.

Agreed, he is excellent on the mic for a rookie and if they keep giving him some promo time on whichever brand he goes to he will improve even more. Should have a big future ahead of him and if WWE are looking for some big heels then he could fill that gap quite soon.