Undertaker vs Lesnar at WM27?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer, who was at UFC 121 last night, speculates that WWE wants Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker to have a match at WrestleMania 27, considering what went down with Taker and Lesnar at last night’s pay-per-view.

Meltzer notes that there is no deal in place between WWE and Lesnar but the company has contacted him. Meltzer also notes that Lesnar’s deal with UFC wouldn’t allow him to work a WWE match.

Here is a video of the incident;

[YOUTUBE]zjHtxPew5Os[/YOUTUBE]

It is highly doubtful this would happen but it is still fun to speculate about whether it could happen.

Lesnar has a contract with UFC and Dana White wouldn't let him wrestle for WWE unless an amazing deal is put in place for UFC. They would need to promote the hell out of UFC on their show if it happned. I can see Lesnar being tempted by this, it would be a massive payday, a few million, for one match and a few appearances beforehand.

Not sure if the WWE wrestlers would want him back. The way he left would not have sat well with those around at the time. WWE had pushed Lesnar to the moon and it was time for him to start putting over the other maineventers and he sudenly leaves to go play NFL. Lesnar would be a huge PPV draw though and could help boost buyrates by a hell of a lot bring back Heyman as well as his manager and by god almighty that would be a slobberknocker.

Slight problem with the match-up is that Undertaker isn't going to lose at WM to someone who is returning for one match and Lesnar would be highly unlikely to return to WWE if he was to lose. Would be amazing to chuck those two in a HIAC at WM anyway and finish their feud that way.

What do you think about this potential match? Would you like to see Lesnar back one more time? Do you think it will happen? How would you book it?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree with you about the portianal of the match, and think too than it would be a big draw. Yes they had a pretty full-on feud back in 2002-03. But to do it at Wrestlemania would be awesome. Also I think Lesnar would be an even better talent nowadays than he was back then.

But yes it is true than with it likely to be just a one off appearence Taker is unlikely to put him over [and really Brock does own him one]. I can't see the match happening, because of the fragile realtionship between Lesnar and Vince, and the fact than he might be asking for the sort of money than Mcmahon would not be willing to give him. And then you have the UFC factor. Don't think it will happen, but never say never, because I never thought I'd see Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart appearing on WWE tv together again.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree with you about the portianal of the match, and think too than it would be a big draw. Yes they had a pretty full-on feud back in 2002-03. But to do it at Wrestlemania would be awesome. Also I think Lesnar would be an even better talent nowadays than he was back then.

But yes it is true than with it likely to be just a one off appearence Taker is unlikely to put him over [and really Brock does own him one]. I can't see the match happening, because of the fragile realtionship between Lesnar and Vince, and the fact than he might be asking for the sort of money than Mcmahon would not be willing to give him. And then you have the UFC factor. Don't think it will happen, but never say never, because I never thought I'd see Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart appearing on WWE tv together again.

Very good point in bold. I certainly didn't expect to see that so there is always a chance this could happen but there are so many things that need to fall in line for this to happen. The biggest thing is getting permission from UFC to use their most marketable star for an event where they may get injured. I am not sure how WWE would be able to compensate UFC enough for them to be happy with WWE using Lesnar.