Tyler Black to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Apparently rumors are swirling that the current Ring of Honor champion Tyler Black has signed a developmental contract with WWE.

Discuss.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this guys work? But since he's become champ, I haven't heard many good things about it.

Reaction score
The guy was beloved in ROH when they were originally building him up but the guy went down in defeat so many times in big match situations it kinda ruined him. To most ROH fans, Black should have won the belt off Nigel in the spring of 2009 instead of Jerry Lynn taking it. The guy's momentum was messed around with between Lynn and Aries getting the belt. As for his matches, nobody can really complain about them, he always gives 110%.

Montana

Reaction score
Do add onto what Garden State said, the guy is top notch in the ring however he has no charisma, and probably does not have what it takes to be a star in the WWE. I believe that is why ROH originally pushed him to be the cornerstone of the company, back when they did.

As far as is title reign it's been....ehh. I think poor booking of him as champ, has more to do than Black not performing. I saw Steen vs. Black live and that was a great match. Probably one of his better defenses. Good fueds, just not many title defenses.

Montana

Reaction score
I was wondering that two. He was a two time ROH tag champ, and 1 time world champ. Not sure if thats what he meant. Or maybe he meant there is the wwe title, tna title and ROH title...idk?

Montana

Reaction score
Well...it looks like strong is the guy. Personally i'd rather see him stripped of the belt. Either make up a big tournament or just throw everyone in the pick 6 in a match. I think ROH is really goign to need to rely on guys like Generico/Steen in the future. Hopefully this new promotion doesn't suck up all the talent.

Reaction score
If Strong doesn't win the belt now I will probably never want to see it on him. Let him have a run at it, he has been alot more entertaining with Truth Martini.

And I do like that thus far in the ROH title history there hasn't been a stripping of a title belt or some wacky switch to get to the next guy. But thats just me.

Montana

Reaction score
I can see Roddy turning on Truth mid match and he goes super over as a face.