UFC TUF Nations Finale 4/16/2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ApplePieBandit

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
terryfunk
This card has went under the Radar with some decent fights on it.

Michael Bisping VS Tim Kennedy - The trashtalking has been flowing from both sides. This is a big fight in the contedership picture at 185 pounds. Bisping get's a marquee matchup with a win and will be int he title shot discussion. Kennedy is 2-0 in the UFC and this would be the biggest win of his career.

Patrick Cote VS Kyle Noke -Coaches from TUF Nations. Doesn't seem to be a lot of bad blood between these two but still an interesting match up. Both guys are coming off of wins in their latest UFC bouts. Noke will be fighting with a lot of pride as team Australia failed to reach the finals on the show.

Sheldon Westcott VS Elias Theodorou - TUF Nations middleweight finale. Theodorou swept through the house but seemed to rub viewers the wrong way at times with his cocky attitude. Westcott who battled a neck injury and almost had to leave the house dominated the house in a similar fashion.

Chad Laprise VS Oliver Aubin-Mercier - TUF Nations Welterweight finale. Laprise put most the house on notice with a crushing knockout of team mate Kajan Johnson. Aubin-Mercier had little problem mowing his way through Australians Jake Matthews and Richard Walsh.

Dustin Poirier VS Akira Corassani- Two dynamic featherweights meet on the opening bout of the main card. Poirer who has a 7-2 UFC remains right outside of the elite featherweights currently ranked #6 by the UFC. Corassani who is 3-0 in the UFC is looking to get his biggest win yet.

Sam Stout VS KJ Noons - These two feared strikers at 155 pounds meet in Quebec. Stout who is coming off a victory over Cody McKenzie will look to put together back to back wins for the first time since 2011. Noons the Strikeforce import got his first career UFC Victory last October with a decision win against George Sotiropoulos.

Sarah Kaufman VS Leslie Smith - These two battled it out just last year on the Invictia 5 card. The fight was voted one of the best Women MMA fights of all time. Kaufman got a very close split decision victory. Many people think Smith won the fight. Fast forward to 2014 after 2 opponent changes for Sarah Kaufman, Smith steps in on 8 days notice.

Ryan Jimmo VS Sean O'Connell -
Jimmo looking to get back on track will take on newcomer Sean O'Connell. O'Connell is 15-4 and has a victory over long time UFC Vet Marvin Eastman

George Roop VS Dustin Kimura- George Roop is looking to bounce back after his 2 fight winning streak was snapped by Franciso Rivera. He has a tough task as Hawaiian Dustin Kimura is looking to build off his January win over Jon Delos Reyes. Kimura has 8 submission victories on his MMA record.

Mark Bocek VS Mike De La Torre- Long time UFC vet Bocek finds himself in a weird position. After his original opponent Evan Dunham was ruled out with an injury. He finds himself fighting newcomer Mike De La Torre. Torre who holds a 12-3 MMA record is looking to burst on the scene picking up a big victory over the always game Bocek.

Richard Walsh VS Chris Indich-
Teammates on TUF Nations. Walsh and Indich are most likely fighting for a UFC roster spot. Walsh made it to the semi finals of the show before losing to Oliver Aubin- Mercer. Indich didn't make it out of the elimination round.

Nordine Taleb VS Vik Grujic - Taleb who was one of the favorites to win the show didn't get pass the elimination round. Grujic who was perhaps Australia's stand out fighter on the show picked up a first round TKO over Canada's Luke Harris. This match up is likely for a UFC roster spot.

Mitch Gagnon VS Tim Gorman- Gorman who you may remember from TUF 19. Made it to the show but was forced off due to an injury suffered in his fight to get into the house. Gorman finally gets his shot in the UFC against tough Canadian Mitch Gagnon. Gagnon currently riding a 2 fight win streak with victories over Dustin Kimura and Walel Watson is looking to make it 3 in his home country.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Only care about Bisping so hopefully he takes apart Kennedy. Couldn't give a shite about this 750th season of TUF that's been spread across into all sorts of different countries.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Seems like almost every fight Bisping has to run his mouth, I think the only 2 fights of late where he hasn't acted out was against Chael Sonnen & Brian Stann.

-------

Michael Bisping VS Tim Kennedy
Patrick Cote VS Kyle Noke
Sheldon Westcott VS Elias Theodorou
Chad Laprise VS Oliver Aubin-Mercier
Dustin Poirier VS Akira Corassani
Sam Stout VS KJ Noons
Sarah Kaufman VS Leslie Smith
Ryan Jimmo VS Sean O'Connell
George Roop VS Dustin Kimura
Mark Bocek VS Mike De La Torre
Richard Walsh VS Chris Indich.
Nordine Taleb VS Vik Grujic
Mitch Gagnon VS Tim Gorman

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
At least Bisping's trash talk is genuine and not some rehearsed pro wrestling promo like Chaels.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
At least Bisping's trash talk is genuine and not some rehearsed pro wrestling promo like Chaels.
Probably shouldn't cry foul and act all pissy when someone talks shit back to him tbh.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
This fight is fucking whack :adr:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Kennedy probably gets the decision 3-2 for the wrestling which nothing came from really.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
50-45? C'mon now.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think one of the refs is drunk... or just doesn't know how to judge a fight... how in the world was there a 50-45?

But that fight... meh.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
That whole card sucked.

ApplePieBandit

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
terryfunk
Wasn't the best card to be fair the match making was hindered by injuries. Kaufman VS Smith II really was disappointing since the first one was so good. Maybe it was Octagon Jitters as they say for Smith. Corassani was game for Poirer that was a nice fight. Kennedy dominated Bisping 4 rounds to 1 in my book. Bisping looked bad but Kennedy is underrated. As far as the Middleweight division picture goes , Luke Rockhold really benefited. He has a dominating win over Kennedy and a win over Jacare. I think UFC wanted to make Rockhold VS Bisping in the summer but Rockhold will now be in the cat bird seat for a huge fight if he beats Tim Boetch which I think is very likely.

ApplePieBandit

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
terryfunk
Wasn't the best card to be fair the match making was hindered by injuries. Kaufman VS Smith II really was disappointing since the first one was so good. Maybe it was Octagon Jitters as they say for Smith. Corassani was game for Poirer that was a nice fight. Kennedy dominated Bisping 4 rounds to 1 in my book. Bisping looked bad but Kennedy is underrated. As far as the Middleweight division picture goes , Luke Rockhold really benefited. He has a dominating win over Kennedy and a win over Jacare. I think UFC wanted to make Rockhold VS Bisping in the summer but Rockhold will now be in the cat bird seat for a huge fight if he beats Tim Boetch which I think is very likely.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
They still might do that fight I reckon, despite the loss Bisping is still a decent name to go after and get some sort of buzz around you. Funnily enough, despite being pretty dominant (I had it 3-2 at the time) I reckon Kennedy's stock dipped with Dana because you just know for a fact he was getting mad when he was laying on Bisping doing literally nothing.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I was hoping for Kennedy to just rock Bisping or something. He did connect a couple of good times though. But yeah even though Kennedy won... and in a dominant fashion he won't rise too much due to the wrestle and lay.

ApplePieBandit

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
terryfunk
The problem with Kennedy is he lost to Rockhold and Jacare two guys ahead of him in the standings. Most would probably think he's not warranted anyone else in the top echelon yet either. I'd like to see him face Yoel Romero next.

Reactions: Deezy