Tournament 6.5: Greatest World Champ

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If you wanted to go the indy route Punk's summer of Punk reign is personally my all time favorite.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Loved Punk's run but you could argue Danielson, McGuinness, and Joe all had runs that were at least just as good.

Have WCW reigns and Pictures left, should be up in the next three days.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't wait to see which champions get close to the end. This is too tough to call at the moment and as always it will partly come down to the brackets and early match-ups. Look forward to another great tournament.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As much as I loved Punk I would put Danielson's ROH reign over his, he was just on such a role back then and the heat he got through his promos and just the varity of great matches he had was outstanding.

As for Hogan, you cannot denay what he did for Wrestling back in his prime, and while I was not a fan of the character Pre-Hollywood, the look and his promos were awesome (if a bit cheesy lol). When you consider some of the classic feuds he had with the likes of Macho, Andre and Dibaise then I think you cannot discount him, although he would not be my top chioce. It will be interesting to see how far he goes.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I can say that I did not see any ROH reigns from Bryan, Joe, Punk, or Nigel so chances are I can't vote too highly on them. Its the nature of the beast.

But I'm still holding to my previous post that Hogan is not going far. People are going to hate despite what he has done. I'm not a Hogan fan at all... but there needs to be appreciation for what he accomplished, what he did, and how he really helped bring WWF and wrestling into the mainstream. Yeah it was a matter of right person at the right time... but if you didn't have the right charisma like Hogan did... it would have failed and even today he is still on TV somewhere. Just a testament ya know.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope that Hogan at least makes it to the final 8. I am not a fan of his now but he made wrestling what it is today and put it on the map.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well Hogan's title runs in the mid to late 80s are pretty memorable considering WWE usually built up monsters just to feed to him. Only way he wouldn't get into the top 8 would be because of people making biased choices.

Ric Flair wins this as far as I'm concerned, though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i also want to say Bret Harts run from 1994 was pretty great, and i know people hate the Austin heel turn from 2001 but that run was petty amazing.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Oh yeah Austin was awesome in 2001 so many hidden gems when it came to TV matches.

Reaction score
I'm just gonna do my top five because I can't decide. Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, The Rock, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Bret has to be near the top. Michaels as well. As good as The Rock was... his world title runs really were not that good. They were all too short. Like his had his moments of course but they just weren't defining moments.I'd almost put Undertaker's reigns as champ over Rock's.

But Flair, Hogan, and yeah there are gonna be some good top runners. Hopefully Miz gets a decent run :p

Reaction score
I do get what you mean about The Rock actually, he's a great Superstar and although his reigns weren't great I just liked it when he was the champ. Saying that about The Miz that's something to think about. Who will be the great champs of the future?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Of the future... as in after Cena and Orton? Del Rio and Punk will be past their time... so it'll be up to Miz really to lead.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd say Edge will be up there too, same with Jericho.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Edge... could be up there in the upper half of things. Jericho... that is questionable. While he was a very good talent. Well his Undisputed title run was... ehhhh. Then when he came back for the second return and won the world title... that was actually a pretty good run but ... one good run won't be enough to propel him like Edge will be. Although Edge also suffered the same short reigns curse as The Rock.

But I will say... Cena should be up there.