Tournament 14: Worst PPV Of The Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Is The Worst PPV Of The Year?

• Battleground

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Elimination Chamber

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Extreme Rules

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Night Of Champions

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Payback

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah Battleground without a shadow of a doubt.

The horrible ending to the title match and PPV with Big Show giving us a no contest. Punk/Ryback, say no more. Axel/Truth is as shit of a midcard feud you could you want, Wyatt failed to turn up in the ring again against Kingston. AJ/Brie who gives a fuck and Real Americans / Khali & Santino was only worth it for the Cesaro Swing.

Only thing that delivered for me was the DelRio/RVD Hardcore Rules match which still was only ok and obviously the great tag match between Rollins & Reigns and The Rhodes brothers.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I personally chose Night of Champions myself, only because there was literally no matches that I remembered from that event (had to google the event to remembered what I watched). That Gauntlet match? Thank god it was on the pre-show or else people would've shitted on this event so badly, oh wait they did because the Piss Timer Players won the stupid match. Good work on the mediocre tag match boys. Heyman and Axel vs Punk can fuck off, not as bad as the Ryback matches but it was still bad considering Punk just got off a hot match with Lesnar at Summerslam. Bryan and Orton was decent, you know until the match abruptly ended in and made Bryan's win look weak as fuck. Oh and not to mention that not one but TWO matches were booked at the last minute, and both of them got decent time with absolutely no hype, and I'm pretty sure the crowd wasn't too pleased with it at all. RVD and Del Rio was the only decent match of the entire night, and that ended in as well. Go figure.

My other two nominations where Payback and Extreme Rules. For Payback I have to admit that I nominated Payback purely on how shit Ryback and Cena was. I mean c'mon a LumberJack, Tables and an Ambulance is considered 3 Stages of Hell? Pfft give me a break. The Lumberjack was horrid, and the table match was typical but the Ambulance match was a riot to watch. Cheesy as fuck with Cena and Ryback ripping apart the ambulance and attacking each other with the pieces. And the ending was different, but considering that everything else was broken why not send him through the roof? Extreme Rules I'm only nominating because it's getting progressivly worse every year, and so are my expectations for the event. Between the lackluster cage match between HHH and Lesnar (should've just ended it at Wrestlemania, or give it a better stipulation), the confusing ending with Ryback and Cena, oh and the weird ass teaming of Bryan and Orton just made this PPV feel kinda meh to me. I will say that I enjoyed Kingston and Ambrose though.

Now as for the other PPV's, well..

Battleground: Not too surprised that this is currently being voted as the worst PPV. But I don't know I liked the Rhodes Brothers vs The Shield which was easily match of the night, and Bryan vs Orton was a good bout; better than their first match. Minus the Blue ending of course. RVD and Del Rio was a decent match as well while under Hardcore Rules. Obviously not as great as the pre-2005 hardcore matches, but good none the less. Everything else about that PPV can fuck off however.

Elimination Chamber: This one I can't really comment as I never saw the last hour of the event (except for the Rock/Punk that I youtubed later). The EC match was decent, and Swagger getting the quick win over Orton was a great way for Orton to get some heat from the crowd, even though the win meant fuck all considering he lost at Wrestlemania. Del Rio and Show was good, but I never understood why that was a normal when their Royal Rumble match was a Last Man Standing match.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler