Tournament 14: Most Underrated Of The Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Is The Most Underrated Of The Year

• AJ Lee

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Alberto Del Rio

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Antonio Cesaro

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Cody Rhodes

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Damien Sandow

• Daniel Bryan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolph Ziggler

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kofi Kingston

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Seth Rollins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Accidentally voted for Del Rio, read Overrated, instead of underrated. Would have voted for Rhodes.

Rhodes has grown into an amazing talent, and is only getting better.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
My vote for Cody Rhodes is but a non-violent protest of the lack of Mark Henry on this list.

Totally agree on lack of Mark Henry.

Voted Del Rio, because the sheer amount of hate he gets is totally unwarrented, I feel like it's another case of the Cenas, where the IWC think this guy is being pushed down their throats and equate push with overrated.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Can't say I agree that the hate he gets is unwarranted. He gets his due credit for his match quality, but that's all he's got about him and everything else about him is just stone cold. His championship reign was flat, his feuds drag and drag and drag are massively uninteresting and he doesn't have the mic work to get you interested. At least Cena for his faults can pull a promo out of his ass and get you interested.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Were we the only two to vote for Kofi, [MENTION=547]Dale[/MENTION]?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I've not voted yet

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sandow, in my opinion, is the most underrated. Why they continue to squash this guy and keep him in the mid-card is beyond me.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sandow, in my opinion, is the most underrated. Why they continue to squash this guy and keep him in the mid-card is beyond me.

Because he is still just a one note character, need to develop some other dimensions before he can be a bonafide maineventer. Maineventers don't grow on trees.

And I still don't get how people still act like guys still fresh from developmental are "ready". Rock, Orton, Lesnar and Cena have spoiled everyone into thinking it's just that easy. It takes most people atleast ten years before they start drawing money.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Tempted to go with Sandow or Ziggler. But they're more wasted than underrated. The fans love both theseguys, Ziggler got a admitedly shit WHC reign and Sandow got MITB and a great showing against Cena. Fans love them, WWE are willing to push them. The rest of the people on that list are mostly adored by the IWC and had a good year apart from ADR. Del Rio gets so much unnecessary hate its ridiculous, in the ring and on the mic he's gold. Its not ADRs fault WWE books many of his feuds too long.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Rollins for me. I don't think I've seen a move salesman like him since Hardy. He's great with a mic, on the few moments they give him, and dat in ring trash talk. If they let the guy show off some moves, instead of just being the Sheild's sell guy (even if he is reaaallly good at it), he could easily reach Bryan and Punk levels.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Del Rio is at least equal to any ring 'technician' out there today and just as good as the Benoits and Flairs of years gone by....he is the best pure wrestler in the game today.

On a forum that so many people value in-ring over character, I can't believe the level of hate towards quite possibly the most fluid wrestler out there.

He def deserves the most underrated tag.

Reactions: Embrace Thou Maryse
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Del Rio is at least equal to any ring 'technician' out there today and just as good as the Benoits and Flairs of years gone by....he is the best pure wrestler in the game today.

On a forum that so many people value in-ring over character, I can't believe the level of hate towards quite possibly the most fluid wrestler out there.

He def deserves the most underrated tag.

His personality left with Ricardo. His moveset, while good at the time, has become stale (see also: RVD, Rey, Cena). If he showed us something new, either on the mic or in the ring, he could be what he once was, but that's just my opinion.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How the fuck does a moveset become stale? I Naitch could get pops with his moveset for 30 years then that disproves your argument right there.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Flair didn't have any moves, he just took backdrops and chopped people until he eventually got the cheap victory.

Movesets are overrated tbh, Such a mark thing to use to say this guy is great or this guy sucks.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How the fuck does a moveset become stale? I Naitch could get pops with his moveset for 30 years then that disproves your argument right there.

I agree wth you and deezy on the moveset thing, except that a guy does need to mix it up from time to time depending on the oppersition or the kind of match. Also Flair did have a move set, it was in later years when it became more limtied, but he grasp the basics of the game better than most.

I like Del Rio, but there are certain adjustments he needs to be a star. He has been on a roll since going back heel.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Flairs moveset? (Ving Rhames voice) Nah brotha.

A back suplex was one of his signature moves, he did basics and he did them well. He did have some spots he used all the time, but I would consider them moves. His Flair flop, faeebump and showing his ass what I've seen in most if not all his matches, that and a hundred backbumps every match.

Anywho, Del Rio is just a guy who suffers from overexposure, he has been in the World Title picture for damn near two years and hence the resentment, also because some people think he took Ziggler's push.