1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Tournament 14: Most Overrated Of The Year

Discussion in 'Tournament Archives' started by Dale, Nov 30, 2013.

Who Is The Most Overrated Of The Year

Poll closed Dec 30, 2013.
  1. Alberto Del Rio

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. CM Punk

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Curtis Axel

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Dean Ambrose

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Fandango

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Jack Swagger

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. John Cena

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Randy Orton

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  9. Rob Van Dam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Ryback

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs.[​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]

Specify in your post if you're voting for Seth Rollins as the poll only allows 10.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

chrisbenoit2
    princedevitt
    sethrollins
    ajstyles2
    johncena2
    ricochet
    Poll isn't up as of this post.

Going Alberto Del Rio.

3. Cwalker

Cwalker Praying for a Peyton Royce leak

randyorton
    romanreigns
    robertroode
    antoniocesaro
    ajstyles
    jaylethal
    Going with Ambrose.

Has yet to break out like he was hyped to do

4. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    Think it is definitely Axel from the standpoint of how much I kept hearing how he got so much better since the last time he was on T.V and he just really fell flat not having any really notable good matches and whenever he did talk he proved why he needed Heyman as a mouthpiece. He has truly offered nothing.

5. punk13

punk13 Cesaro Girl

ajlee
    sting
    therock2
    machoman
    lita2
    antoniocesaro
    Either one of the guys Heyman was suppose to take to the next level.

6. The Cork

The Cork Well-Known Member

scottsteiner
    brocklesnar
    carlito
    goldburg
    jakeroberts
    paige
    Dean Ambrose blows and I'm truly baffled as to why people are still lauding him as a future world champion.

Unfair to put RVD in this, I feel like he's had a decent comeback. Nobody on earth rates Curtis Axel either, how can he be 'overrated'.

7. CGS

CGS Member

Never really saw much of Ambrose before his debut but with all the hype he was getting I kinda expected much more from him. People were treating him like a messiah of wrestling and thus far both Rollins & Reigns have outshone him in the shield alone.

Also do people really rate guys like Ryback? With his losing record I believe even the WWE don't really rate him. No one really rates Axel or Swagger either do they?

8. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

People have no idea what "overrated" and "underrated" mean.

Went with Punk because while I'm still a big fan of the guy, people rate him insanely high and he hasn't had near as good of a year as the past few.

9. Fauche

Fauche SUP CUTIEPIE?

My vote for Curtis Axel is but a non-violent protest of the lack of Bray Wyatt on this list.

10. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    Axel was rated though before he got recalled back up and when he first got put with Heyman. If you look back in threads you'll see guys on this forum talking about how much he improved and how good his matches are going to be with this guy and that guy and it just didn't translate at all based on that.

11. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

And I still don't see why because I was one of those guys. I still blame the booking because there's no way he can have amazing matches with Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater but not with Punk.

12. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    I'll agree booking didn't do him any favors he was kind of screwed from the start on that but regardless guy just ended up being very dry to me on all aspects. Thought he would at least get busy in ring wise if nothing else cause there has been guys who have been booked badly but still put on good matches for the most part.

13. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

And he did...on Smackdown and Main Event. What opportunity did he even have to put on a good high profile match? All his stuff was marred with Heyman interfering or Ryback interfering and he never got a real chance to just wrestle. I agree that he was overrated and part of that is his fault, but I don't think he's to blame for the most part.

14. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    I'll have to find those matches then cause guess I missed them. And yeah I won't say it is all his fault like I said he was fucked from the start with the count out shit and how he has been handled since. I just didn't get any flashes from him that screamed that I'm being unjustifiably held down. My main point though was against the thought that he couldn't be overrated cause he wasn't rated.

15. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

I think you were just pissed I voted for Punk :adr: