Tournament 14: Most Likely To Win Their First World Title In 2014

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Is Most Likely To Win Their First World Title In 2014

• Antonio Cesaro

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Big E Langston

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Cody Rhodes

• Damien Sandow

• Dean Ambrose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman Reigns

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"Real Americans" ... Hulk Hogan.... Cesaro is Hogan's Representative in the Mania match. [MENTION=71]deezy[/MENTION] Great compromise?

Honestly, all I wanna hear is Real American and the crowd goes nuts, and I'll cry like a little bitch with a skinned knee n shit.

Heard Hogan teaming with Cena repping Vince vs Triple H and Orton at Mania being a possibility.....Hope not, but if anyone could protect him is those three.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
With all the recent happenings and the presumed eventual unifcation of the belts, this one has suddenly become an even harder one too choose.

Prior to the unification talk I would most likely have taken a risk and gone with Cody. The hot storyline with the Authority, the tag title run and the planned feud with Goldust would have been a nice momentum builder heading into MITB where I would have pipped him to win the WHC late 2014. With just the one belt I don't think he's close anymore.

Big E in 2014 I think would be too much too soon and maybe the same for Reigns, 2015 without a shadow of a doubt though.

Ambrose is a non-factor to me, got a hell of a lot to do to convince me he's world title material.

I guess by default that leaves Cesaro and Sandow and i'd like to think Sandow's failed MITB cash in was part of a bigger angle to build him up as a legitimate contender, so on that basis i'm gonna go with him.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Langston is in a good position to do it because of his look, his size, the fact that he's broken out on his own, and the fact that he's Cena's buddy. Depending on when they break The Shield up, *sniffle*, will determine when Reigns will win his first title whether it's 2014 or 2015. I think Ambrose is a stretch because when they do break The Shield up, *sniffle sniffle*, the only one of the three that's safe is Reigns, the other two are in danger of creative having nothing for them. Sandow's been pushed down the card and with Rhodes allegedly lined up to feud with Goldust, I don't see it happening for either of them, and even though Cesaro's over, he's still with Swagger and Colter and I don't see him holding the top strap while with the Real Americans.

It's a toss-up between Langston and Reigns, but I think Reigns is the safer bet.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Gotta go with Reigns, it makes the Indy smarks cry but he's more over than Ambrose and Rolins combined. The way he's pushed WWE have definite plans in store for him. Big E right behind as well.

The problem is though with now just one World Title I cant see them realistically giving any of theseguys a reign in 2014. Langston/Reigns/Ambrose/Cesaro/Sandow are all fairly new to the main roster, been around for a year or two max. Rhodes has been around a while and on the best push of his career but WWE would really have to commit to theseguys. Theres no WHC to give them just to test them. You cant keep one belt on a legit guy like Cena and test out a newbie like Sandow with the other. It'll take a big, consistent build for one of theseguys to go over Cena, Orton, Punk, Taker, Lesnar, Kane, Bryan, ADR, etc.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Voting for Reigns. I hope they don't push him that fast, but probably will. It'd be good to see him as champ one day, just not this early.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I voted Cody because I voted before the titles were unified. Now that they are, I find it very unlikely that anyone on this list will even win the world title as long as it stays unified. Thats why I was against the unification. Doesn't give the people who deserve a top run a chance. Hopefully the titles will be split up again end of 14 or early 15. Which would be perfect times to try out Cody, Reigns, Cesaro, and Big E if they stay on their current runs.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler