Tournament 11: Greatest Promo Men and Women

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Always make an early prediction for these and for this one I am picking Stone Cold. Will be interesting to see how far Punk goes.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Me personally, I'd love to see a manager like Heenan, Cornette or Heyman win this thing but if not a manager.... for me nobody cuts a promo like Shane Douglas, hope he makes a good long run in this

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I know it's all personal preference and what not, but fucking hell fire some of these people who have gone into the tournament have absolutely stunk.

McCool, Rey, Kofi & Matt Hardy so far all making it into a Greatest Promo Person ever, really?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I know it's all personal preference and what not, but fucking hell fire some of these people who have gone into the tournament have absolutely stunk.

McCool, Rey, Kofi & Matt Hardy so far all making it into a Greatest Promo Person ever, really?

I was stunned by 3 of those. For some reason even though he is a terrible promo Matt Hardy didn't surprise me. People continue to think he was good at stuff. That's the main disadvantage with taking any names submitted but I actually like people sharing their opinions. Even if some of them (Rey is a good promo guy?) are ridiculous.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[MENTION=2422]Schmidty[/MENTION]

Did you vote for Kofi, Rey, Matt et al?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm not going through all my lists and I'll never flat out say who picked who but I will say Rey and Kofi were on the same list. Matt was by himself.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
[MENTION=2422]Schmidty[/MENTION]

Did you vote for Kofi, Rey, Matt et al?
I don't think I did. He said 30 so I just thought of 30 decent superstars at the top of my head. So I might of put Kofi in there but certainly not matt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't think I did. He said 30 so I just thought of 30 decent superstars at the top of my head. So I might of put Kofi in there but certainly not matt.

I am one who actually thinks Matt is pretty good on the mic epsically when he was playing the V1 character, but he is still not the standard which should be in this thing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I am one who actually thinks Matt is pretty good on the mic epsically when he was playing the V1 character, but he is still not the standard which should be in this thing.

The guy was so terrible at mic work he couldn't get over when he had so much sympathy working for him. V1 wasn't any better, Mattitude was getting overshadowed by Mysterio on the stick, not exactly the best example of him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Superstar billy Graham not getting higher was a travesty, and this is why I hardly vote in these.

It bugs me when so-called hardcore wrestling fans don't know the history, it is like saying Lebron is better than Kobe and not even acknowledging MJ, Bill Walton or Wilt.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I lost the will to live when Jake Roberts got voted out to Piper.

Also Funk beating Road Dogg? No big deal, but ARE YOU SRS?