TNA Top TNA Star Tells Locker Room He's Leaving

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
TNAW talents that Bully Ray held a meeting with the roster working tonight's live event in Hagerstown, MD and informed them he wanted to personally tell them goodbye as he didn't expect to be back for the company.

In asking around, Ray's contract is expiring and tonight's live event is the last show he is contracted to appear on. Based on what Ray told the locker room, obviously the two sides have not come to terms on a new deal.

What is amazing about this is that Ray (along with his partner Devon) is scheduled to be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame at Bound for Glory this October. TNA also has one match left in a series of bouts Ray was heavily involved in at the last set of Impact Wrestling tapings, which means that if he departs, they will be left scrambling to end that series without him.

Ray had been the central point of the company over the last several years, first with a heel run as the central figure behind Aces & Eights, which brought him his first TNA championship. After losing the title, Ray was transformed into a babyface pursuing Dixie Carter in order to put her through a table, which became the biggest moment of TNA's entire summer. That angle was something that Ray brought to and pitched to TNA management.

Ray has been with TNA since 2005 following runs in the original ECW and WWE. During the TNA run he morphed from one half of Team 3D to a legitimate top singles star. Beyond wrestling, he was also working as an agent backstage.

Source: PWInsider

Kinda surprised but TNA's losing guys left and right so I'm not. I don't know how much of a blow this will be for the company, but I've become a big fan of the guy especially during his original "Bully" heel run when he was phenomenal.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Money to be made out there. AAA is expanding into the states, njpw is always there, and he can go out and retire in wwe alongside Dvon with a real HOF induction, WM send off, video games, merch, DVDs, and the like

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's pretty late in his career for him to do anything big, and the only way I see him doing anything in WWE is with Devon, but I'm real glad he had his singles run in TNA to show how good he really was.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He has been TNA's focal point over the past 2 years and I enjoyed hid early heel stuff with Aces & Eights. It'll be interesting to see where he goes and if Devon goes with him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They schedule him and Devon for a HOF slot but do it after his contract expires? LOLTNA.

Sucks for them though, he does the booking and shit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
For him its a good time to leave as I think his character has peaked and there are not many fresh possibilities in TNA for him. But at such a down point for the company it is a pretty big loss for them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He also seems loyal enough to TNA that even though he's leaving he might stick around for his and Devon's HOF induction, but if they can't agree on a contract then they may not agree on an extension for just that either.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
My guess is a return to WWE as well. I think @SAIYANS said it perfectly...

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
But He's old.

Why is he all of a sudden a commodity that somehow needs to be signed immediately by any company. Funny how we festishize young punks when it's cornvenient to cry about them being held down by the BIG company, and yet Bubba Ray Dudley is now a commodity? Lapse in logic sometimes.

Good heel, maybe....because he booked himself to be. Than booked himself to be their biggest babyface as well.....booked himself into being Steve Austin fat. Like a roly poly 03 Triple H (allegedly).

Why would WWE want him? Tag team? Because let's face it, they sign him.....that small group of crybabies will shit themselves over this 40+ year old taking a spot of another fat fuck named Steen.

Believe that.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But He's old.

Why is he all of a sudden a commodity that somehow needs to be signed immediately by any company. Funny how we festishize young punks when it's cornvenient to cry about them being held down by the BIG company, and yet Bubba Ray Dudley is now a commodity? Lapse in logic sometimes.

Good heel, maybe....because he booked himself to be. Than booked himself to be their biggest babyface as well.....booked himself into being Steve Austin fat. Like a roly poly 03 Triple H (allegedly).

Why would WWE want him? Tag team? Because let's face it, they sign him.....that small group of crybabies will shit themselves over this 40+ year old taking a spot of another fat fuck named Steen.

Believe that.

No one is more surprised at Ray's form the last two years than me. That is because all the other attempts to push him in singles had failed, and to me he had never showed much talent as a singles guy before. We will see what kind of offers he gets now and if he can have another good run.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tbh, I was a huge fan of his original Bully run. Once he joined the Aces & Eights, I stopped caring too much. So I'm not big on him when he was the top guy, but when he was just on his own and cutting GOAT promos, he was the best thing about TNA.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree, but at the time he seemed the logical choice to lead that stable. Its just that they had peaked by then and the only way was down.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree, but at the time he seemed the logical choice to lead that stable. Its just that they had peaked by then and the only way was down.

To be fair, I hated the short face turn they did to set up the shock that he was the leader. He was terrible as a face then and he was coming off being one of the best heels in wrestling. Also that Bound for Glory Series loss to Hardy after they set up Bully winning it so perfectly still makes me angry because then they could have pushed him as a top heel without the silly stable.

But that loss did get me a DM from Dixie on Twitter telling me that I should watch my language because kids use the site :TI:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To be fair, I hated the short face turn they did to set up the shock that he was the leader. He was terrible as a face then and he was coming off being one of the best heels in wrestling. Also that Bound for Glory Series loss to Hardy after they set up Bully winning it so perfectly still makes me angry because then they could have pushed him as a top heel without the silly stable.

But that loss did get me a DM from Dixie on Twitter telling me that I should watch my language because kids use the site :TI:

Excellent!:mark:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if him and D'von went back to NJPW and ended up joining the Bullet Club.