Top Smackdown Star Out For 6 Months With Injury

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
PWInsider.com has confirmed that Christian suffered a torn pectoral muscle and is expected to be out six months following surgery this week. WWE will write Christian out this week on Smackdown during an angle with Alberto Del Rio.

Such bad timing for Christian. Smackdown is soon going live and it will be a bigger show then ever and he would surely have played a big role. Now he is injured and will miss six months which means he will be lucky to get back before WM next year. Hopefully he can heal quickly and come back better than ever next year. It does give ADR another big scalp by letting him take out Christian.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
ADR has some bad luck lately, both the guys he was fueding with are now injured and the only viable choice atm is a fued with Big Show. I do hope however that this will pave way for a return from Edge.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well I think I read that Mysterio is facing ADR on the live Smackdown next week so maybe Mysterio will stick around for a bit longer. Otherwise I have no idea who he could feud with next. Big Show would be a tough match-up for him but it could work. There really is no other choice unless some others move over to Smackdown before the live show.

RobyD

Reaction score
This is pretty horrible, he had the potential to be a big star on Smackdown!, especially considering the lack of star power. After Vinnie restacks SD! this year, I'd hope that Christian returns to Raw, when he does.

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
Pffft, reminds me of Edge. Let's hope Christian can get a awesome comeback going, maybe pushing him in the right direction. Would turn his career around as he has lost a lot of momentum since leaving ECW.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Good luck in your future endeavors.

He's not going anywhere, doing anything... anytime soon. Too bad, he's a great star for Smackdown. Now they have to get Edge or something.

XenForo-Test

Reaction score
Rey Mysterio and now Christian? Damn, Smackdown is like the Death Note for talented faces, isn't it? But who will ADR face - Big Show's tied up with Punk, Taker has Kane, and noone else is over enough to carry ADR through what we can still call his first proper feud.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Bingo, the Punk vs Show fued was over when show owned him like 10 times in a row. So imo it does clear up a fued with the big show however I am not sure the two would mix together in the ring.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This really sucks as I thought Christian was finally getting elevated. Although this does bring some hope, he could make a shocking return at Wrestlemania and finally win Money In The Bank. Christian should have won one by now and hopefully he pulls it off. It would be a great shocker and it would be great to see. Christian is so talented and deserves more. I am sad that the feud with ADR won't happen as it could have been really exciting.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If he can be fit in time for Wrestlemania and if they still have a MITB match there then I can certainly see him winning MITB. The return will be huge, if they allow anyone other than Todd Grisham to call it, and the fans would love it to happen. He has the all round talent to be a top player and I hope that it eventually happens.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The official WWE website published an article regarding Christian undergoing a surgical procedure today to repair a torn pectoral muscle. WWE attributes the injury to an attack by Alberto Del Rio on last week’s SmackDown.

The surgery was performed by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama.

Regarding a timetable for a return to the ring, “Captain Charisma” expects to be back in four months.

He told WWE.com, “I can start light rehab next week and I expect to be fully recovered in four months.”

Good news that the surgery went well and that the estimated recovery time is now four months rather than six as previously predicted. That means end of January/start of February return if everything goes well so he is a great chance of being on the card for Wrestlemania.